rimworld - biotech dlc

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Killboxes are cringe, build sandbags and turrets and actual defensive positions and actively take time to remove cover the enemy could take around these locations i.e. trees, chunks, etc.

Cheesing the game by making raiders run a marathon through the Home Alone kid's house ain't it chief that shit is so nauseating.

and who might you be to gatekeep how one would play their game

at higher difficulties and with high colony wealth you need a way to deal with raids
sappers and drop pod raids bypass killboxes so they're not unbeatable

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
saber word of the day:
nuclear
G4EDsrQ.png
unknown.png

Reactions: List

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
Killboxes are cringe, build sandbags and turrets and actual defensive positions and actively take time to remove cover the enemy could take around these locations i.e. trees, chunks, etc.

Cheesing the game by making raiders run a marathon through the Home Alone kid's house ain't it chief that shit is so nauseating.
if u can make it look aesthetic i think it's fine

but if u've played with the void faction mod you can't survive a single raid without a god-tier killbox

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
and who might you be to gatekeep how one would play their game

at higher difficulties and with high colony wealth you need a way to deal with raids
Someone who wants ppl to have fun and enjoy the game rofl

It trivializes what's meant to be the most tense and challenging parts of Rimworld into a rush to build a square box to abuse the limited AI with so every non-specific raid is a cakewalk you don't have to draft a single colonist for. It's not a necessity for higher difficulties either, I've played this game and all my colonies in the last 3 years on Blood and Dust and I've not built even one of the things and yet had thriving bases despite that.

If you deliberately pick a higher difficulty for a challenge and to push yourself why tf would you then cheese the game in an incredibly boring way to remove all the difficulty from it. That doesn't make much sense.

if u've played with the void faction mod
913361686474416129.webp

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Someone who wants ppl to have fun and enjoy the game rofl

It trivializes what's meant to be the most tense and challenging parts of Rimworld into a rush to build a square box to abuse the limited AI with so every non-specific raid is a cakewalk you don't have to draft a single colonist for. It's not a necessity for higher difficulties either, I've played this game and all my colonies in the last 3 years on Blood and Dust and I've not built even one of the things and yet had thriving bases despite that.

If you deliberately pick a higher difficulty for a challenge and to push yourself why tf would you then cheese the game in an incredibly boring way to remove all the difficulty from it. That doesn't make much sense.

913361686474416129.webp

i disagree.

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

i totally agree - i want to love rimworld so much; but without a fair amount of modding it's pretty much inevitable that you'll lose at some point if you don't make a janky killbox

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
there is some twitch chat addon that i highly suggest, it will name like pets and colonists + visitors after twitch chatters in any given channel you specify and sometimes they'll parrot whatever the chatter that they're named after says

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
there is some twitch chat addon that i highly suggest, it will name like pets and colonists + visitors after twitch chatters in any given channel you specify and sometimes they'll parrot whatever the chatter that they're named after says

can't see myself using this but this is cool as fuck