RimWorld Stories

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
RimWorld is a game like Dwarf Fortress except more sci-fi with a mix of the old and new thrown in. Turrets fighting hordes of tribal members, cooler traps, pitfalls, and more make the mechanics of the game a bit difficult to pick up but Dwarf Fortress fans and players would find it a breeze to pick up. What really pulls me into the game is the colonists themselves; much like how the Dwarfs and their silly antics is what makes DF so fun.

Right now I just started playing RimWorld and I started out with a bad hand. My crew is a gay war torn mercenary named Solec who hates war because he escaped a planet that nuked itself to oblivion. A core world rich girl named Roughchild who used her psychopathic tendencies by exposing people as a reporter. The last of the crew is a "ugly", narcotics addicted yet hardworking nurse called Griffin.

Ill start off the stories with my own.

A major event happened where a life pod dropped near our colony containing the father of Griffin. Griffin, at the time, was at risk of a major break as she was unhappy all the time due to her withdrawal from her drug addiction. She was working hard at her addiction at the time and she was at 98% completion in beating back her addiction but the last of the addiction pangs hit her at the most crucial moment; right when I ordered her to rescue her own father. I got Roughchild to wake up and rescue Griffin's father while I carefully monitored Griffin so she wouldn't start attacking anything or run off into a Raid if it happened.

After a while of her withdrawal symptoms abated, I started looking for Griffins father. I was so focused on Griffin I did not realize her own father literally ran off into the sunset, not even bothering with his own daughter. I then realized why Griffin had a drug addiction; what a poor kid.

Reactions: List

Mangiyko

Vortigaunt Faction Lead.
Nebulae
To be fair, I punished her by making her eat the flesh of the woman she killed.

Ain't no triflin' bitches in my colony.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
Griffins and Lorentz the Hero Dog is now the only original colonists from the main drop left.

Let me explain.

Solec, the brave soul, decided that rescuing a miner was a good way to populate the colony as all of the people we had rescued decided to fuck off to god knows where. He managed to fight off two pirates with the new miner named Sacriel, a revered master miner from space. Right after the battle, in his old and diminishing age, he contracted a heart attack and instantly died. This left Sacriel as the only battle ready colonist left, making him replace Solec.

Roughchild later dies from an infection from a maddened boom rat attacking her to a KO. This all happened because Sacriel had to fist fight a boom rat due to its close range and was put in a medical bed. He was too far away when he woke up to save her from being KO'd but he killed the rat and dragged her back to safety. Griffin tried to save them but the only one who survived infection was Sacriel as the tough motherfucker got full immunity. But what does one expect from a shelted glitter world reporter who is incapable of even fighting back?

In other news, Lorentz is the true Hero of the colonist as the colonists are desperate to get more members in their colony they foolheartedly decide to save a woman fleeing from a pirate band. She turns out to be another noncombatant and Sacriel is left to two vs one brawling which ends in his defeat. Just as he is about to be dragged away due to the pirates impatience in trying to get back the rescued spacer, Loretz pounces on the pirate trying to drag Sacriel away, drags him onto the medical bed, and... goes to sleep immediately after.

The pirate that was RKO'd by Lorentz turned out to be master huntsman Canto with a melee skill that makes one wonder if Lorentz is an incarnation of John Cena (11). He is convinced by the new arrival, dainty snowflake Tyler, to join the colony to protect her due to her tragic lifestory of being a coma patient till she became a teenager. Now, Canto hopes to use his masculine hunting skills to impress Tyler to engage in the rituals of man and woman.

Stay tuned for next time!

[I only do these for major events in the colony concerning the colonists; I didn't include the fact that we now have turrets and power since its not as fun to talk about ;)]

green name

Proton
Nebulae
my colonists resorted to cannibalism after a solar flare happened and all my hydroponics and indoor farms shut down during the -50c weather

HumanRev

Some idiot who erps with Flippy and Subeh
Nebulae
my colonists resorted to cannibalism after a solar flare happened and all my hydroponics and indoor farms shut down during the -50c weather

I made a tribe full of cannibals and completely neglected the fact I didn't have a cooking table as a result.
Within 3 days @Subeh had been eaten by @Cassieqq

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
So, the main drop happened and I got my three colonists. I made a little hut and tamed an alpaca or something, dont remember what it was. Then, my best shooter, Mac McSwag, suddenly decided to begin attacking animals. I have no idea what I clicked but he started by killing our dog, then proceeding to kill the alpaca we were taming or w/e. Fuckin psycho. I didn't know how to kill one of my own colonists so couldn't get rid of him either, did i press some kind of hotkey?

HumanRev

Nebulae
So, the main drop happened and I got my three colonists. I made a little hut and tamed an alpaca or something, dont remember what it was. Then, my best shooter, Mac McSwag, suddenly decided to begin attacking animals. I have no idea what I clicked but he started by killing our dog, then proceeding to kill the alpaca we were taming or w/e. Fuckin psycho. I didn't know how to kill one of my own colonists so couldn't get rid of him either, did i press some kind of hotkey?

You must've pressed O which, when animals are selected, marks them for slaughter (if tamed) or hunt (if not tamed).

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
You must've pressed O which, when animals are selected, marks them for slaughter (if tamed) or hunt (if not tamed).
oh fuck yeah bcuz my pc froze up and i spammed my keys dangit now i have no more doge
[doublepost=1473866391][/doublepost]
got any tips for me when playing? i played it for a bit its really advanced for me

HumanRev

Nebulae
oh fuck yeah bcuz my pc froze up and i spammed my keys dangit now i have no more doge
[doublepost=1473866391][/doublepost]
got any tips for me when playing? i played it for a bit its really advanced for me

There is a tutorial that really helps set you up, I recommend it.
As a rule, Food is the most important thing. The sooner you can turn a building into a frozen food stockpile by building a cooler the better. Until you do that, you're always gonna have one colonist pretty much trying to cook enough food for everyone for days at a time.
Get shelters inside ASAP. Shitty wooden structures with a door will do.
Train your doge to haul. He'll start taking stuff to the stockpile on his own and save you time.

Never underestimate how important cleaning is. I try to have one dude who's sole job it is to clean/haul shit because otherwise everyone starts crying about how bad everything looks.

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
There is a tutorial that really helps set you up, I recommend it.
As a rule, Food is the most important thing. The sooner you can turn a building into a frozen food stockpile by building a cooler the better. Until you do that, you're always gonna have one colonist pretty much trying to cook enough food for everyone for days at a time.
Get shelters inside ASAP. Shitty wooden structures with a door will do.
Train your doge to haul. He'll start taking stuff to the stockpile on his own and save you time.

Never underestimate how important cleaning is. I try to have one dude who's sole job it is to clean/haul shit because otherwise everyone starts crying about how bad everything looks.
alright.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
The parents of those baby boom rats we killed came out of nowhere and raided our colony. We managed to fend them off... but they blew up near the WOODEN FOOD STOCKPILE. All of our food burned down.

This wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the fact that a couple of days later, winter hit us. All our crops instantly died and I hadn't hunted anything or butchered anything. Colonists began to eat corpses raw and we got raided two times in a row by pirates.

Finally, with food stocks growing low, cannabilistic tendencies started growing. First, the pirates were eaten raw. Then people started dropping dead from hypothermia due to a lack of good clothing.

Griffin died, leaving Lorentz (John Cena) as the last original colonist. Griffin and another colonist are then eaten by all the other colonists.

Finally, the colonists that are capable of violence begin to mass hunt everything in sight. A entire muffalo and alphabeaver pack is hunted to extinction in order for the colony to survive the winter. Lorentz, in his sadness, wanders around aimlessly in the winter storm.

HumanRev

Nebulae
The parents of those baby boom rats we killed came out of nowhere and raided our colony. We managed to fend them off... but they blew up near the WOODEN FOOD STOCKPILE. All of our food burned down.

This wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the fact that a couple of days later, winter hit us. All our crops instantly died and I hadn't hunted anything or butchered anything. Colonists began to eat corpses raw and we got raided two times in a row by pirates.

Finally, with food stocks growing low, cannabilistic tendencies started growing. First, the pirates were eaten raw. Then people started dropping dead from hypothermia due to a lack of good clothing.

Griffin died, leaving Lorentz (John Cena) as the last original colonist. Griffin and another colonist are then eaten by all the other colonists.

Finally, the colonists that are capable of violence begin to mass hunt everything in sight. A entire muffalo and alphabeaver pack is hunted to extinction in order for the colony to survive the winter. Lorentz, in his sadness, wanders around aimlessly in the winter storm.

Are you using Cunt-hole Cassandra? She's fucked. Once you struggle with her, that's it game over. She only gets harder.

Use Rando. Varyingf challenges a LOT more like DF. None of this 'scale' BS. You might get something hard right off the bat, but if you don't at least you have a fighting chance.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
Are you using Cunt-hole Cassandra? She's fucked. Once you struggle with her, that's it game over. She only gets harder.

Use Rando.

This was on Rando, on the EASIEST DIFFICULTY, aka above Builder.

I honestly love Rando because of the weird ass shit that happens, like two Alpha Beaver packs attacking your trees at the same time (happened to me in this colony, we barely have any tree's left).

HumanRev

Nebulae
This was on Rando, on the EASIEST DIFFICULTY, aka above Builder.

I honestly love Rando because of the weird ass shit that happens, like two Alpha Beaver packs attacking your trees at the same time (happened to me in this colony, we barely have any tree's left).

Oh god when that happens just give EVERYONE a gun and send them all out or you'll never get wood again like some sort of ED-ridden geriatric.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
Oh god when that happens just give EVERYONE a gun and send them all out or you'll never get wood again like some sort of ED-ridden geriatric.

I didn't go for them because I only had one combat ready colonist at that time. Now I am regretting it and have to plant my own tree's. I have tons of turrets and combat ready colonists now though so I can actually do something if they attack my personal tree deposit.

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
Idk how this is possible but i played on a new colony and like 4 hours after main drop, i got raided and the colony fell from a team of 5 raiders wtf

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
Idk how this is possible but i played on a new colony and like 4 hours after main drop, i got raided and the colony fell from a team of 5 raiders wtf

What difficulty setting do you have? And if so, what Storyteller do you have?

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
What difficulty setting do you have? And if so, what Storyteller do you have?
like, normal difficulty, and the middle storyteller, dont remember what he is called, the normal experience or whatever, used to play pheobe relax but started on the normal one yesterday

edit: might've been 4 raiders, still, i only had 2 colonists, 1 died earlier