robbie rotten's actor isn't doing well

Nebulae
Nobody would've cared about him if he wasn't made into a meme.
Pretty much, but grieving over those who have no relevance to you is pointless. There are people around the world dying every second, caring about each one would drive you insane. That's why I (personally) care only about those who are close to me and who I admire. So yeah, this reaction is rational.

(P.s. not trying to discredit charities, if you can help please do, otherwise don't get too disappointed you couldn't single handedly save the world) .

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Pretty much, but grieving over those who have no relevance to you is pointless. There are people dying each second, caring about each one would make you go insane. That's why I (personally) care only about those who are close to me and who I admire. So yeah, this reaction is rational.

(P.s. not trying to discredit charities, if you can help please do, otherwise don't get too disappointed you couldn't single handedly save the world) .
"man fuck giving a shit about the life of anyone you don't personally like; i'm so brooding and jaded and hardened to the world"

mate you sound like shadow the fucking hedgehog

accept that this man brought light into the life of children worldwide, he made kids laugh for a living; he loved his job, and when he became a meme, he embraced it because it made people smile - it's okay to be upset about someone who is a good person, dying

hell, i was fucking distraught when we lost Robin Williams

Nebulae
"man fuck giving a shit about the life of anyone you don't personally like; i'm so brooding and jaded and hardened to the world"

mate you sound like shadow the fucking hedgehog

accept that this man brought light into the life of children worldwide, he made kids laugh for a living; he loved his job, and when he became a meme, he embraced it because it made people smile - it's okay to be upset about someone who is a good person, dying

hell, i was fucking distraught when we lost Robin Williams

And I was distraught when we lost David Bowie, the man who was a legendary musician who also contributed to the world by spreading positivity.

However, you know who I don't care about? Some random dude on the street who got bum-fucked by life on the other side of the world. It's unfortunate, true. But can I do something about it? No. Has his death somehow influenced me or anyone around me? No. So why should I care?

For the record, by "Don't care" I don't mean I'm indifferent to the unfairness of life, I'm saying that you won't find me crying or sobbing for a death of a complete stranger.

If this concept is that hard for you to grasp, perhaps go back to watching that Sonic of yours.

Reactions: List

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
His family and friends obviously would have though, the fact an internet meme made people aware of his existence just makes their passing all the more sadder and yet, happier in a way - because more people will remember them in passing.

Pretty much, but grieving over those who have no relevance to you is pointless. There are people around the world dying every second, caring about each one would drive you insane. That's why I (personally) care only about those who are close to me and who I admire. So yeah, this reaction is rational.

And I was distraught when we lost David Bowie, the man who was a legendary musician who also contributed to the world by spreading positivity.

However, you know who I don't care about? Some random dude on the street who got bum-fucked by life on the other side of the world. It's unfortunate, true. But can I do something about it? No. Has his death somehow influenced me or anyone around me? No. So why should I care?

For the record, by "Don't care" I don't mean I'm indifferent to the unfairness of life, I'm saying that you won't find me crying or sobbing for a death of a complete stranger.

If this concept is that hard to grasp for you, perhaps go back to watching that Sonic of yours.
There's a difference between grieving the loss of someone close to you and someone who you knew personally, and someone you don't know but has a reputation/has done things you either like, admire etc. I don't see people losing sleep over this but that doesn't mean we should ignore something that comes naturally to us I.E Compassion and Sympathy.

Nobody's expecting buckets of tears but acknowledging those we respected and enjoyed the works of in passing is again - apart of human nature. At least to me, I don't really expect everyone to think the same of 'human nature' or w/e.

Nebulae
There's a difference between grieving the loss of someone close to you and someone who you knew personally, and someone you don't know but has a reputation/has done things you either like, admire etc. I don't see people losing sleep over this but that doesn't mean we should ignore something that comes naturally to us I.E Compassion and Sympathy.

Nobody's expecting buckets of tears but acknowledging those we respected and enjoyed the works of in passing is again - apart of human nature. At least to me, I don't really expect everyone to think the same of 'human nature' or w/e.

That's the exact point I am making.

Myoga argued that no one would've cared about Karl's cancer unless he was that "meme-famous". And it's true, not that many people would've even known who he was beforehand. I'm saying that it's fine they wouldn't. They might've felt sympathy when reading about this in a headline of a reddit thread, but would they actually care? By care I mean be concerned beyond a simple eyebrow raise? No.

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

If this concept is that hard for you to grasp, perhaps go back to watching that Sonic of yours.
omg you're hilarious please continue

Spock

Shows up every other month to read ban appeals
Nebulae
Wait Robbie's dying
Shit
Feels bad
Remember watching him as a little kid. He will be missed.
Really though all shit memes aside. I'll miss him.

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
Myoga argued that no one would've cared about Karl's cancer unless he was that "meme-famous". And it's true, not that many people would've even known who he was beforehand. I'm saying that it's fine they wouldn't. They might've felt sympathy when reading about this in a headline of a reddit thread, but would they actually care? By care I mean be concerned beyond a simple eyebrow raise? No.
okay, lets put it in a different perspective
consider that Lazy Town is watched and adored by millions on children and some adults within Britain, and im sure many brits on here did when they were young too, and that Robie Rotten plays a central roll within the show
now consider that "we are number one" never became a meme and that on the news one day it was announced that Stefan contracted cancer and the show would be canceled indefinitely unless he can successfully battle it off
imagine the look on some kids and adults faces hearing that one of their favourite childhood shows may never return because one of the main actors had cancer
sure, We Are Number One did bring a lot more light onto the issue and made it a lot more known, but i personally know many people that would chip in at least couple of quid if there was no meme and have regardless so that this man, whos given millions of children across Britain a smile upon their faces, a fighting chance against cancer and continue to make people happy

Cabbage

Female
Nebulae
Why the fuck are people arguing on a thread that's made to commemorate someone who brought joy to thousands of people?

Jesus Christ. Go for a walk.

Nebulae
okay, lets put it in a different perspective
...Mate, you entirely missed the main point I've been making since the start of the post. Not only that, you've said the same thing that Warwick did in his post.

Feeling sympathy is natural, as Blackquil said. But would you grieve over a death of an unknown person? Do you grieve of those who die of starvation each day? Of those who died in drone attacks?

Fuck me, could you imagine the hell you'd go through working as a doctor/surgeon, if you grieved over each dead patient? More would die while you'd try to get over one. Sounds paradoxical, right? Doctors not caring too now? But that's how it is. They have a task, and they do it the best they can. They have a sense of sympathy, their not demons, but they won't back down due to 1 dead patient.

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
...Mate, you entirely missed the main point I've been making since the start of the post. Not only that, you've said the same thing that Warwick did in his post.

Feeling sympathy is natural, as Blackquil said. But would you grieve over a death of an unknown person? Do you grieve of those who die of starvation each day? Of those who died in drone attacks?

Fuck me, could you imagine the hell you'd go through working as a doctor/surgeon, if you grieved over each dead patient? More would die while you'd try to get over one. Sounds paradoxical, right? Doctors not caring too now? But that's how it is. They have a task, and they do it the best they can. They have a sense of sympathy, their not demons, but they won't back down due to 1 dead patient.
but Stefan has made an impact on many people, he's not unknown what so ever, so trying to say we wouldnt care because we didnt know him is false as a lot of us brits knew Robie Rotten since our childhoods and as such the news that we'd never see robie rotten again because Stefan had cancer would of been profound

Nebulae
but Stefan has made an impact on many people/QUOTE]
I wasn't even talking about Karl then. You dismissed 2/3 of my post. Imagine you wouldn't know him, as you don't know the victims of wars, and tell me if you'd grieve over them or him.

At this point, if anyone wishes to go on arguing, read what I had to say and send me a PM, this has gone off topic long enough.

Nebulae
His family and friends obviously would have though, the fact an internet meme made people aware of his existence just makes their passing all the more sadder and yet, happier in a way - because more people will remember them in passing.

Very true, it's just I see the same thing whenever someone dies or get sick. I would say "haha you didn't know him why care!" but than I'd sound like Onision and thats the last thing I want.

Condolences to his friends and family, shame to see someone bring so many smiles and laugh suffering a horrible death.