rp_industrial17_v1 Appreciation thread (10th Anniversary)

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
image.png

Hello. Today marks the 10th anniversary of i17's official release to the public. So many years of pleasant is horrid memories came from this map, and arguably what kept playing serious HL2rp. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=171962560

Be sure to pay your respects of this beautifully crafted masterpiece.

Last edited:

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i17 makes me want to die at this point because I could probably navigate it with my eyes closed but I also have such incredible nostalgia for it.

Reactions: List

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
we had to remake d47 so many times, but i17 just needed one version to work forever
Singularity had an interesting edit of i17, but I wasn't a big fan of the propaganda poster billboarded about. Despite the posters, the edit made up for it with its spot-on exterior redesigns.

Last edited:

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
we had to remake d47 so many times, but i17 just needed one version to work forever

I think what makes i17's first edit timeless is that it utterly breaks the formula that most of the other maps of the time were still stuck to - like it had full offices for a CA faction rather than just one for a single CA faction, it was more open and expansive, shit like that.

It sort of predicted the direction most HL2RP communities would go in from that point on.

Singularity had an interesting edit of i17, however I wasn't much of a fan with its combine propaganda poster. The building redesigns however were spot on

Its weird how many of the individual map elements I recognise from other maps lol.