ruination - feedback

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
hope this doesnt accidentally alert you like five times lmao
My goal of the event was literally JUST to get @Andrew 's character, Manouchehr Mosaddegh out alive, I only applied because they applied, this was one of the few people that Harland had befriended not to benefit himself or the group, but because he saw they were genuine good, and after hearing them get gunned down, Harland had no more mission, he failed

Reactions: List

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
My goal of the event was literally JUST to get @Andrew 's character, Manouchehr Mosaddegh out alive, I only applied because they applied, this was one of the few people that Harland had befriended not to benefit himself or the group, but because he saw they were genuine good, and after hearing them get gunned down, Harland had no more mission, he failed
Did you try to talk to him? Dissuade him from the suicide mission?

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Did you try to talk to him? Dissuade him from the suicide mission?
I told him I didn't trust em' and I was ready to go, but Manouchehr, the ever-endearing man who had been staring at
the beauty of the lighthouse not 30 minutes before, said a simple "Not Yet." and I knew that there wouldn't be a way to convince him that his life was worth more than the fifty refugees we were there to help rescue

Nebulae
This, was a good event. The premise was simple, clear to follow, with the small interactions prior to the base-defense sequence allowing us to humanize the people we were defending, seeing their faces. I wouldn't say that it started easy, only that it got progressively more and more challenging as the waves kept coming. All building up to the climax with the last group of soldiers basically decimating us, ending with a victory at a excessive cost (R.I.P to the real ones). I did 3 separate /me's fully expecting to die afterwards, only to either have the opportunity and luck to defy what I believed to be my characters end, only to be one of the 2 to live.

For actual feedback; Combat felt well-balanced, the s2m before they entered the house was a rather nice touch I'd like to see used again. The event-combine certainly didn't feel like they were pulling punches from our side, making sure each wave we had to work together as a team. The only things I felt could have been expanded upon might have been some events of boats starting to leave as we completed each wave, so that we could hold an idea of how far we progressed besides killing squads. All in all, good show. Glad I could come in as a stowaway.

My one regret is taking no screenshots, so instead, an artistic recreation of events:
kFhSSPq.png

Credit to Antloin :)

Last edited:

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I flew around handing out /itd's during the prologue to people too, and between waves (if we weren't being prepped).

highlights:

** The first wave of nobodies are dead. How many will die today? Is this a price you're prepared to pay?
** That was easy. Far too easy. Barbecue's just beginning to warm up.

Something hard clips into Harland's helmet, sending him sprawling. It's caved in. A bullet? But from where ...?
** You spy a glint in the bushes across the bridge. It vanishes. There are more out there, somewhere...

** It's dark. It's darkening. You cease feeling. But... there's something in the distance.
** You push on. What is it? What was it? Was it worth your last stand?
*** [Elder Pashtun. Geared-up.] fades on into the netherrealm. His smile confirms his beliefs. One life for many, thrown to the void with little care. The same battle he's kept since he was young and misguided. Now - a lifetime, at peace. No regrets. The gates above beckon him closer.
** Monouchehr's last thoughts are of warmth. It's a comforting feeling. Then... no more. He has passed on. In service of something. Farewell.

** Your body is broken. You have more holes than internal organs. You're trailing blood anywhere. You literally can't even hold a gun. Where ARE you going?
** Why have you come here, Harland? None of this seemed worth it.

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
The only things I felt could have been expanded upon might have been some events of boats starting to leave as we completed each wave, so that we could hold an idea of how far we progressed besides killing squads
A fleeting thought of exactly this popped up into my head and I kick myself for not asking Rusty about it. I was, admittedly, quite busy roleplaying a battle-hardened Officer in the thick of it when using that pillar for cover.

If I'm to add a bit of feedback, it's something akin to this. For events such as this, simple progress updates would go a long way in not only informing the players of their progress, but their success up to that point and what they have left.

flowerbroth

Quark
Nebulae
A fleeting thought of exactly this popped up into my head and I kick myself for not asking Rusty about it. I was, admittedly, quite busy roleplaying a battle-hardened Officer in the thick of it when using that pillar for cover.

If I'm to add a bit of feedback, it's something akin to this. For events such as this, simple progress updates would go a long way in not only informing the players of their progress, but their success up to that point and what they have left.
I had tried to do updates over the radio.

I did a few saying the data was still extracting, then when the data was done and they were loading up the boats, and then when they were ready to leave.

Maybe it got washed away in the chaos?

Either way if I do something like this again I’ll be sure to highlight the progress in a clearer way. However, I think not knowing how much more you need to take leads to the feeling of overwhelming hopelessness and stress I was trying to capture.