Serious S.T.A.L.K.E.R Anomaly

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Nothing beats the satisfaction of fixing up a 5% gauss rifle and then using it to solve the Zone's helicopter problem.

CoeIS5c.jpg

Reactions: List

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
Nothing beats the satisfaction of fixing up a 5% gauss rifle and then using it to solve the Zone's helicopter problem.

CoeIS5c.jpg
this is what I imagine the top 10 stalkers on the PDA are like
meanwhile I'm barely scraping up enough Cordon money to buy bread and water
(though that's at least partialy due to the settings of course)

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
this is what I imagine the top 10 stalkers on the PDA are like
meanwhile I'm barely scraping up enough Cordon money to buy bread and water
(though that's at least partialy due to the settings of course)
I got incredibly lucky finding a monolith master with one to begin with, then had to deal with 10 quicksaves trying to take him out with grenades before scraping the funds needed to fix it up (87k roubles).

Best way to make money early-game between jobs is to get your hands on a multitool and disassemble every uniform and weapon you find/loot that you can't sell.

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
Best way to make money early-game between jobs is to get your hands on a multitool and disassemble every uniform and weapon you find/loot that you can't sell.
Thanks, I'll try that, already found a multitool in Rookie Village
If I don't die first that is (I'm one of the people who think being terrified of every single bullet makes the game more immersive and play Azazel/Ironman haha)

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
ironman/azazel anomaly is such an experience

first you're cautious and collected as you observe a bandit base from a nearby hill with binoculars
then you're terrified as you crawl through it, peeking each corner and checking each room as you clutch your maintainted, but weak pistol
then you feel a strange mix of relief and panic as the sounds of a harmonica resonate from the last building you didn't touch
you see the bandits, start shooting, a fight ensues, there's more than you expected, the pda death reports start trickling in, you get shot, change positions, bandage yourself, feel god-like as the bandits call for backup over the PDA, you're winning, a bit of nervousness as the last guy's too close to comfort, he leaves his cover, you unload your mag into him before he can do the same

It's raining and you're standing in the middle of the base you took by yourself, the spoils of battle all yours, major reward for major risk, another step towards getting your ticket out of here. The bandit menace is eradicated from Concord, at least temporarily, and some are bound to appreciate that, too. The journey that brought you here started with a shitty decision and was marked with uncertainty and danger at each step, but now you've cleaned a major milestone. Take what you can carry, return to the Village and get yourself something more powerful for the fights that are yet to come. You can still make it.

then you die to two pseudodogs on the way back
because you're an idiot who didn't mind being overcumbered
AND hauling all that stuff in the dark
greed and hubris truly are the downfall of man

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
ironman/azazel anomaly is such an experience

first you're cautious and collected as you observe a bandit base from a nearby hill with binoculars
then you're terrified as you crawl through it, peeking each corner and checking each room as you clutch your maintainted, but weak pistol
then you feel a strange mix of relief and panic as the sounds of a harmonica resonate from the last building you didn't touch
you see the bandits, start shooting, a fight ensues, there's more than you expected, the pda death reports start trickling in, you get shot, change positions, bandage yourself, feel god-like as the bandits call for backup over the PDA, you're winning, a bit of nervousness as the last guy's too close to comfort, he leaves his cover, you unload your mag into him before he can do the same

It's raining and you're standing in the middle of the base you took by yourself, the spoils of battle all yours, major reward for major risk, another step towards getting your ticket out of here. The bandit menace is eradicated from Concord, at least temporarily, and some are bound to appreciate that, too. The journey that brought you here started with a shitty decision and was marked with uncertainty and danger at each step, but now you've cleaned a major milestone. Take what you can carry, return to the Village and get yourself something more powerful for the fights that are yet to come. You can still make it.

then you die to two pseudodogs on the way back
because you're an idiot who didn't mind being overcumbered
AND hauling all that stuff in the dark
greed and hubris truly are the downfall of man
ironman is truly the only way I can play stalker the game simply has no adrenaline rush when you have twenty saves you can return to

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
ironman is truly the only way I can play stalker the game simply has no adrenaline rush when you have twenty saves you can return to
I realized I love ironman when I caught myself taking various elevated positions to observe my targets with binoculars before engaging them
normally I'd just quicksave and go in blasting