Serious Script Economy is not my concern

Chiptune

Quark
Nebulae
Hi, feel free to disagree, I'm just giving my two cents regarding an issue I've noticed.

I'm a Civil Protection player, I have no idea what it's like on the rebel side of things but uh... I'm genuinely having conversations with people who believe you should unequip everything until the last moment when needed so that you don't lose them upon death.

My question is why should I care. I'm on an RP server. Am I obligated to participate in the economy? Isn't that staff's matter to regulate and balance out? I was actually scolded for having a stunstick and grenade equipped while out on an operation and dying with them (due to me not being in the VC, that happens, I think it's odd to assume everyone is in VC but that's beside the point).

I think equipping a grenade is the IC equivalent of placing it on your belt instead of keeping it in a backpack. And like in real life, having to reach into my backpack everytime I wish to throw a grenade would be pretty risky and a chore if I were a soldier, wouldn't it? So, should my immediate thought when out on the field be: "Oh man I could lose this one grenade" or should it be "How do I get through this without dying"?

The script economy has absolutely no impact on my RP experience currently. If we ran out of stuff, it would actually create RP, not restrict it. I have no concern other than the health of my RP experience and honestly, worrying about losing a grenade or two sours the experience for me.

Please do not belittle others or scold them if they wish not to engage in OOC equipment preservation tactics to instead focus on having a fun experience. It's hard enough to RP during combat with S2K being the primary method of engagement, the least you could do is respect the wishes of people who just like easy access to their weapons without having to do inventory management, it's a choice people can make and I promise you, it has practically zero impact on your own experience whether they do that or not!

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm genuinely having conversations with people who believe you should unequip everything until the last moment when needed so that you don't lose them upon death.
The people telling you this are the people who have very little interest in roleplay beyond their own script hunting desires.

You do you, ignore those who just want to "win the script war".

Chiptune

Quark
Nebulae
The people telling you this are the people who have very little interest in roleplay beyond their own script hunting desires.

You do you, ignore those who just want to "win the script war".

It's cool to see I'm not alone on this sentiment, I see so many CPs worrying themselves over this far too much. That, or they care about weapons being in rebel hands (OOCly. ICly is fine and logical, but they OOCly don't want rebels to have them). Isn't the experience... more fun, if rebels are also well-armed? Idk, I think people tryharding an RP server are weird

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Hi, feel free to disagree, I'm just giving my two cents regarding an issue I've noticed.

I'm a Civil Protection player, I have no idea what it's like on the rebel side of things but uh... I'm genuinely having conversations with people who believe you should unequip everything until the last moment when needed so that you don't lose them upon death.

My question is why should I care. I'm on an RP server. Am I obligated to participate in the economy? Isn't that staff's matter to regulate and balance out? I was actually scolded for having a stunstick and grenade equipped while out on an operation and dying with them (due to me not being in the VC, that happens, I think it's odd to assume everyone is in VC but that's beside the point).

I think equipping a grenade is the IC equivalent of placing it on your belt instead of keeping it in a backpack. And like in real life, having to reach into my backpack everytime I wish to throw a grenade would be pretty risky and a chore if I were a soldier, wouldn't it? So, should my immediate thought when out on the field be: "Oh man I could lose this one grenade" or should it be "How do I get through this without dying"?

The script economy has absolutely no impact on my RP experience currently. If we ran out of stuff, it would actually create RP, not restrict it. I have no concern other than the health of my RP experience and honestly, worrying about losing a grenade or two sours the experience for me.

Please do not belittle others or scold them if they wish not to engage in OOC equipment preservation tactics to instead focus on having a fun experience. It's hard enough to RP during combat with S2K being the primary method of engagement, the least you could do is respect the wishes of people who just like easy access to their weapons without having to do inventory management, it's a choice people can make and I promise you, it has practically zero impact on your own experience whether they do that or not!
fuck it bro ball

if you run out of shit take it ic

more fun that way than trying to game the system

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
It's cool to see I'm not alone on this sentiment, I see so many CPs worrying themselves over this far too much. That, or they care about weapons being in rebel hands (OOCly. ICly is fine and logical, but they OOCly don't want rebels to have them). Isn't the experience... more fun, if rebels are also well-armed? Idk, I think people tryharding an RP server are weird

It used to matter a lot more for years in CityRP because dying with a load of shit on you that you didn't need armed people who'd likely fuck off or use it to shotcop/do stupid shit, so a lot of cops are probably still subconciously holding onto that.

In this setting it shouldn't matter at all. Its warfare, after all.

If its rebels saying this though? Yeah, classic scriptwhore mentality lol

Chiptune

Quark
Nebulae
It used to matter a lot more for years in CityRP because dying with a load of shit on you that you didn't need armed people who'd likely fuck off or use it to shotcop/do stupid shit, so a lot of cops are probably still subconciously holding onto that.

In this setting it shouldn't matter at all. Its warfare, after all.

If its rebels saying this though? Yeah, classic scriptwhore mentality lol
I'd actually love to hear how it is on the rebel side, but yeah, wholeheartedly agree. This is the exact kind of setting where I actually WANT more weapons on the opposite side to make engagements more fun.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae

sanest CP main ever???

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
why would you join a text rp server if your intention is to sit in a voice chat and neglect any form of text rp
maybe the people upset that youre not in voice chat should explore other gamemodes, darkrp sounds like exactly what theyre looking for

Chiptune

Quark
Nebulae
i would like to tell you with utmost sincerity that you are among the coolest people in the community at this very moment in my view for saying this
Thanks a lot, I've honestly been roleplaying for over 13 years and this is the FIRST TIME I have been OOCly scolded for not sitting in a VC, and also the first time I have been OOCly AND ICly annoyed over and over again for... equipping scripts. All this in a single day lol, did RP evolve backward in Civil Protection or what's going on

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
Thanks a lot, I've honestly been roleplaying for over 13 years and this is the FIRST TIME I have been OOCly scolded for not sitting in a VC, and also the first time I have been OOCly AND ICly annoyed over and over again for... equipping scripts. All this in a single day lol, did RP evolve backward in Civil Protection or what's going on
it never evolved forward is the real thing

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
never evolved past city rp 2016 thanks to a lot of colourful individuals with fringe political ideas

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Script economy in this iteration is a spook

anyone who tries to tell you otherwise can get fucked - rebels literally get supplies spawned in for them "free of charge" for doing a few things here and there, sometimes just because

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
never evolved past city rp 2016 thanks to a lot of colourful individuals with fringe political ideas

The staff of this new iteration are extremely wonderful and I've yet to have an even remotely off encounter with any of them so far that'd make me question their depth of understanding on how to run a server, which is a significant contrast from the general etiquette among some roleplayers in the server that certainly leaves much to be desired.

It genuinely feels like some of them are literal years behind the pack in terms of self-awareness for the kind of server they're playing on.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The staff of this new iteration are extremely wonderful and I've yet to have an even remotely off encounter with any of them so far that'd make me question their depth of understanding on how to run a server, which is a significant contrast from the general etiquette among some roleplayers in the server that certainly leaves much to be desired.

It genuinely feels like some of them are literal years behind the pack in terms of self-awareness for the kind of server they're playing on.
some people change and adjust on their own

others need to be forced to

a lot of those people you mention need forcing

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
um.... mods?? mods???!!! this man is here to roleplay and be immersed in a virutal world instead of doing his utmost to win a meaningless source 2007 gunfight that moves at 10fps and will mean nothing the next day???? please ban him!!!! he is NOT living up to the spirit of the server!!