Serious Script Economy is not my concern

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I’d have faith in it if we had a smaller playercount which wholesale were more dedicated to a non-script/winning attitude but we don’t

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
sorry I’ll say it differently

Its near impossible with the large room temperature IQ majority we have

I still don't think so, having organized some pretty hectic S2RP scenarios among some pretty dense people myself. I can understand that it is daunting and genuinely just a lot to have to take in. There's a system I picked up from a private wow server guild that involves turns, but rather than it being "your turn, person you're shooting at's turn" it's "faction 1's turn, faction 2's turn." and uses admins/DMs/etc. to facilitate the outcomes of actions between turns before passing it onto the next turn, as well as a "keep your emotes short" ruling. While I doubt that could be 1:1 utilized, it goes to say that there are ways to structure S2RP and make it, more or less, stupid proof.

But also I don't want to entirely remove S2K, either. I think both can be used interchangeably depending on situations that would favor one over the other.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I’d have faith in it if we had a smaller playercount which wholesale were more dedicated to a non-script/winning attitude but we don’t
thood getting banned right during alplands for scriptwhoring always comes to mind for me

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I still don't think so, having organized some pretty hectic S2RP scenarios among some pretty dense people myself. I can understand that it is daunting and genuinely just a lot to have to take in. There's a system I picked up from a private wow server guild that involves turns, but rather than it being "your turn, person you're shooting at's turn" it's "faction 1's turn, faction 2's turn." and uses admins/DMs/etc. to facilitate the outcomes of actions between turns before passing it onto the next turn, as well as a "keep your emotes short" ruling. While I doubt that could be 1:1 utilized, it goes to say that there are ways to structure S2RP and make it, more or less, stupid proof.

But also I don't want to entirely remove S2K, either. I think both can be used interchangeably depending on situations that would favor one over the other.
Me and a small team of 9 people have organized S2RP scenarios on servers which had from 10-50 depending on what we were doing

It is a complete nightmare of dedication each time something happens, and thats in projects which people sign up for, with the intent of playing to their best ability

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
I just want to mention that for the upcoming staff meeting we're going to be covering this topic and that I have been reading the thread. It is an issue we have to tackle somehow, and an important one now that things work differently and voicing has a higher impact even if not as much as it did in WW3RP.

I will also try and discuss and find some palliative method for things to not be too unfair during these days, hopefully based on some of these posts.

I know this sounds like the basic PR response but I am really trying to get this thing to work well because I'm happy to see there are people having fun and the event team so invested.

Chiptune

Quark
Nebulae
The voice chat issue has been addressed by making it have less restrictions somehow. I've made a vow to myself that the next time I don't get picked for a deployment because it's VC only or the next time I run into any sort of issue due to people using VC in deployment, I'm going to stop deploying altogether, cause there's no way to stop that from happening currently

Tyrone

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Will never happen with this amount of players

It's impossible to moderate with 50 players
said it before i will say it again

rolls

i point gun at you and fire. i roll a 53 you roll a 98. i miss the shot. you shoot me back and miss the shot. we throw aside our guns, raise fists and duke it out. i roll a 100, punch your head so hard it explodes

i win, you lose

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
said it before i will say it again

rolls

i point gun at you and fire. i roll a 53 you roll a 98. i miss the shot. you shoot me back and miss the shot. we throw aside our guns, raise fists and duke it out. i roll a 100, punch your head so hard it explodes

i win, you lose
annoying and somehow makes it feel more gamey/unfun then s2k honestly.

Small groups / those in full agreement in my opinion

Tyrone

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
annoying and somehow makes it feel more gamey/unfun then s2k honestly.

Small groups / those in full agreement in my opinion
has never been an issue during melee fights. if lady luck doesnt favor you then too bad. it's the end all be all, can't go up against it

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
no. you use weapons. you can miss shots same way you can miss a swing from a bat

how is it different
actually, rephrasing it, it moves away from using Gmod as a medium etc.

Having to read through a chat with a bunch of people /meing is a pain as it is, trying to figure out who's doing what, who's saying what, who's rolled what, etc.

makes it overly gamey, instead of anything roleplay or skill-based it's just pure luck-based. Even S2K has at least some measure of skill behind it (and feels more enjoyable then standing there, shoot once after a /me between yourself and someone across the map, then waiting for them to type out a response, then slowly typing out your /me, pming them or the admin, then repeating it again over and over)

ramen (beck)

the minge
Nebulae
Timescales and S2RP work better with smaller numbers (about 2-6 people)
S2K and such works better with large numbers (10+)
7-9 people depends on the situation, where s2rp and s2k would both work