Resolved Severely Limit combine deployments in Bucharest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
It doesn't help that the bulk of Xenians used for Infestation Zone have pitiful aggro range (thank you Half Life Renaissance, very cool), so they need to be handheld by admins to actually do something - which pairs poorly with the open sightlines of the suburbs, where people can tapfire NPCs halfway across the map. Maybe if there were more obstructions to block sightlines, but that's just me making guesses.

Reactions: List

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
also, it legit isn't our fault that 80% of the server banded up with national guard (the faction designed to be hit by OTA among other factions) in a map this fucking giant and then start demanding restrictions on our deployments as a whole because theyre behaving as de-facto nat guard themselves

you have the option to just not assist nat guard

Nebulae
Ngl I don't blame OTA for wanting to poke out and try and do things on the sly in the QZ, and I also (mostly) don't blame people for teaming up if they hear transhumans are out and about. That is absolutely a choice that can be made.

But I think its fair to say there's also a history of both sides pushing their luck, and in this case I legitimately don't really think it was the OTA's fault.

If you chase the Combine back to their base and seige them for an entire hour what do you expect them to do?
Expect them to take the loss and move on, Not pull a 5hour arma op where they do nothing but sit on the roof that we cant get on and then punch through us like butter with P2's and so on.

The ota/combine should be weak out here CPs shouldn't be uniformed they should be part of the rebel faction that'll make them far more dangerous - Uniformed guerillas blending in with the rebels .

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
As much as we'd love to enforce the rule, it would be absolute WAR and a massive mess if we started shooting all the rebels that were present.
Nonetheless, the rule exists for a reason.
[...] there's also a history of both sides pushing their luck [...]
Beat me to it. Y'all need to stop acting like any one side is a paragon or a pariah on this and realize that your choices are gonna have consequences regardless of if you're a rebel, NG, or CMB. This is exactly the kind of mentality that gave C24 such a fucking non-identity as a setting despite what was laid out to begin with. Both sides decided to throw it all out the window, saw the other side doing exactly that, and started pointing fingers.

NG and rebels, disregarding the questionable integrity of the 'team-up' in spite of their own faction lore and rules, you can't get pissy every time you fuck around and find out by trying to gank the CMB.

CMB, learn some Goddamn moderation in how you respond to these things. Even if they shouldn't have happened to begin with.
also, it legit isn't our fault that 80% of the server banded up with national guard (the faction designed to be hit by OTA among other factions) in a map this fucking giant and then start demanding restrictions on our deployments as a whole because theyre behaving as de-facto nat guard themselves

you have the option to just not assist nat guard
In so many words, this is pretty much exactly what I'm trying to get at with the NG.

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
imagine when blue street happened there was too much shotcopping so we impose a limit to only 2 shotcops a day, even though cops are designed to respond to shotcops

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
One day of excessive combat that was caused by an assault on a Combine outpost does not necessitate the suggested restrictions being imposed.
i like balancing
i always liked balancing
i like talking about things and ahving people bounce ideas back
i like to balance i like to change mechanics i like to talk to devs

if the problem continue i simply continue suggesting balance, but problem is not problem until it last 3+ days
as of now it is simply
one day of war. that is ok.

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
My man do you literally not seen the Xen shit on the road
That street is in use by civilians nearly every time of the day, there are no KOS rules regarding that street, which is *outside* of the supposed danger zone IZ covered by very evident fencing and barricading that marks the divide between what is IZ and what isn't.

Blitz0012

Proton
Nebulae
I think OTA raids should just be smaller, if it's that much of an issue to space them out more. Also means you don't get spotted every fifteen minutes.

I can't say anyone has really done anything bad - both sides have played their roles as their supposed to. It's just the S2K is beginning to outshine the RP potential, which sucks. It's arguably the same thing on the other end NG should shoot people in KOS area, sure, but sometimes it's nicer to RP with the random civilian than just gun them down.

If they really want the same amount of stealth and raids leave it as it is but maybe make the roofs a PK risk for Combine. Increases risk if OTA are spotted - so they can use more tactics to negate it. I'd like to see a CP spy discretely update OTA on NG movements so they can avoid them. I'd say it also balances out the fact Overwatch can grapple all over the place (hard).

Brandon_

Now in a relationship with Sectus
Nebulae
That street is in use by civilians nearly every time of the day, there are no KOS rules regarding that street, which is *outside* of the supposed danger zone IZ covered by very evident fencing and barricading that marks the divide between what is IZ and what isn't.
Throwing all your hopes on the technicality that while the guard may not see you if you don't cross the line in the sand that guerrilla force won't walk out a few meters and as it was stated this was before the safe house was set up and so the only way to and from the QZ for combine players was to literally cross that street.

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
Also means you don't get spotted every fifteen minutes.
we physically can't, because our options are either:

move slow, get spotted by man who moves fast

move fast, trigger jackboot noises which gets us spotted

we have genuinely no tactics to avoid getting spotted, and if we come out, it's gonna be loud no matter what we do due to how mobile regular players can be

people also have the tendency to hug our deployment routes

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Here's an idea too:

Respect a squad trying to break off rather than chasing them back to their base, spending an hour trying to kill them then getting mad because you instantly jumped back to roleplay on your terms and didn't expect to get slapped in the nuts.

Swap the factions to where OTA pushed the NG base and killed everyone there after the NG tried to break off and you'd see a much different tone surrounding this.

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
people also have the tendency to hug our deployment routes
They've been doing this since the beginning of the iteration and yet still seem so surprised when CMB players of all stripes get tired of it and decide to turn it from 'find out' to 'found out'.

Like, yeah, it's a clusterfuck whenever it happens (which it definitely shouldn't) but at this point I dunno what else anyone expects.

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
one of our deployment routes has a rebel base literally right on top of it

another one has a merchant's shop nearby

the rest are like, right open in the middle of the street

shad

Nucleus
Nebulae
one of our deployment routes has a rebel base literally right on top of it

another one has a merchant's shop nearby

the rest are like, right open in the middle of the street
doesn't help that 2/3 of those are mined by rebels lol

yeah thats kinda aids ngl

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Might be worth rejuggling things a little to give OTA a little more room to patrol without instantly getting spotted and swarmed.

Brandon_

Now in a relationship with Sectus
Nebulae
That safe house was the safest edition that provided the least pain to both sides of getting mag dumped and it had to be destroyed in under 24 hours and it is so fucking sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.