Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
8e6f57984793830f6f9fed0957e5ea02.png

Reactions: List

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
unreal seems like a bit of a weird choice since they've got their own game engine?
maybe its easier/more fit to remaster it there than on rage without making major changes? They said its gonna be a mix of old/new so im just expecting bug fixes, increased render distance and crap like that, they’re also planning to release it on switch so maybe the switch isn’t capable of running their engine?

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
GTA 6 will release soon COPIUM

Online can't keep going forever COPIUM
hope they do a gta 4 or rdr2 type of thing again where they focus on an individual in a sort of realistic setting instead of trying to top themselves with the next most wacky thing they can. i didnt like the submarines and super crazy wacky shit you constantly did in gta 5 honestly.

i get that gta always have been wacky and rdr is a far more mood franchise and gta is the FUNNY franchise but im still hoping. nothing wrong with an attempt at a more serious approach of the 21st century

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
hope they do a gta 4 or rdr2 type of thing again where they focus on an individual in a sort of realistic setting instead of trying to top themselves with the next most wacky thing they can. i didnt like the submarines and super crazy wacky shit you constantly did in gta 5 honestly.

i get that gta always have been wacky and rdr is a far more mood franchise and gta is the FUNNY franchise but im still hoping. nothing wrong with an attempt at a more serious approach of the 21st century

i find it funny how Geetz 5 leans super heavily into the funny wacky satire but the main story still ends up being an unfun snoozefest

The game feels like it has a split personality: It wants to be a tribute to super crazy over the top heist movies, while at the same time trying to be a satirical critique of 21st century US, while also being a fun and wacky kill everyone open world, and also being a "life simulator" (most of the minigames are mundane, buying property, stocks, building your character's "skills")

Ultimately it ends up doing these things from badly to decently

I wish they would just end up focusing instead of trying to have their hand in every conceivable pie they can

Imagine a GTA that's focused on the heists with super cool set pieces that's more linear so they can tell a tighter story

or a classic rise through the criminal underworld, buying up properties, fighting for territory, etc where story progression is tied more to the players interaction with the open world and the mechanics rather than driving to letters on the map and going "follow this 12 page instruction manual precisely or "MISSION FAILED" kid"

Rockstar can make great and fun open worlds and they can tell great stories, but GTA 5 fails at both because it really doesn't commit to one over the other and thus both things suffer in the proccess

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
i find it funny how Geetz 5 leans super heavily into the funny wacky satire but the main story still ends up being an unfun snoozefest

The game feels like it has a split personality: It wants to be a tribute to super crazy over the top heist movies, while at the same time trying to be a satirical critique of 21st century US, while also being a fun and wacky kill everyone open world, and also being a "life simulator" (most of the minigames are mundane, buying property, stocks, building your character's "skills")

Ultimately it ends up doing these things from badly to decently

I wish they would just end up focusing instead of trying to have their hand in every conceivable pie they can

Imagine a GTA that's focused on the heists with super cool set pieces that's more linear so they can tell a tighter story

or a classic rise through the criminal underworld, buying up properties, fighting for territory, etc where story progression is tied more to the players interaction with the open world and the mechanics rather than driving to letters on the map and going "follow this 12 page instruction manual precisely or "MISSION FAILED" kid"

Rockstar can make great and fun open worlds and they can tell great stories, but GTA 5 fails at both because it really doesn't commit to one over the other and thus both things suffer in the proccess
i think its most major flaw is that its impossible to be sympathetic towards any of the characters but franklin. his dialogue is basically constructed to be marvin from pulp fiction going "man i dont even have an opinion", which is basically just the lens of the player. i think the game would've been better if you were just franklin. but instead he loses his entire identity and just helps michael along. the only good part of that i guess is some "son i never had" dynamic but its hard pressed to be developed, the characters dont have near enough breathing room before they start going wacky.

the story is snooze but its still a really fun game. any sequence you have to play as michael is braindead because his family is just written like a bad sitcom and even though its satire its painful satire. i actually liked the intro too, that first heist they did was alright. but it just never gets better, it doesn't - it really just makes you dislike the characters. they're not irredeemable because they've been written to be irredeemeable, they're irredeemable because they never ever actually have a serious engagement of any kind. just trevor going "ah you lied to me!" while screaming in his underwear.

at least with niko in gta 4 we as the player are about as lost as him, some random retard asks him for a ride, he asks for money, he puts up with them - we as the player put up with the random retard asking us for a ride too; we peer through the lens of niko. the actual climax of shooting the guy who murdered your friends is unsatisfying, leaving him or killing him. he killed your friends for like 20 bucks or something. there's some kind of moral to the story.

i guess its just catered to a very different audience, i have a hard time believing gta 6 would actually be any different given the amount of cash they're still raking in with online and a million fun gadgets. if anything gta 6 is very likely to be an absolute gadget simulator for the express purpose of doing the same thing again. even if the story turns out to be really good, corporate is going to mold the gameplay accordingly.

also gta 5 literally has no real antagonists

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
also gta 5 literally has no real antagonists

remember when they dealt with the """antagonists""" of GTA 5 (one of which is never on screen and is relevant to like 5 missions, and another one that's last seen in mission 10 or smth and wants to kill Lamar and Franklin because ????) in one of the endings in one fell swoop

Not with like any planning or anything, literally just "yea i'll go kill this guy i guess", and not even going to the one that has an attachment to their storyline

And also Devin Weston shows up to Franklin's house and demands he kills either Michael or Trevor because the writers are out of ideas since they've done the big heist so they like "uhhh quick lets make this unlikeable guy do this because we dont have a proper antagonist and then we can also have cool ending options :)"

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
remember when they dealt with the """antagonists""" of GTA 5 (one of which is never on screen and is relevant to like 5 missions, and another one that's last seen in mission 10 or smth and wants to kill Lamar and Franklin because ????) in one of the endings in one fell swoop

Not with like any planning or anything, literally just "yea i'll go kill this guy i guess", and not even going to the one that has an attachment to their storyline

And also Devin Weston shows up to Franklin's house and demands he kills either Michael or Trevor because the writers are out of ideas since they've done the big heist so they like "uhhh quick lets make this unlikeable guy do this because we dont have a proper antagonist and then we can also have cool ending options :grinning:"
Wish they committed to the death wish actually being a suicide mission. rather than make all but 1 ending fundamentally diminish the replay value in the post-story sandbox.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Wish they committed to the death wish actually being a suicide mission. rather than make all but 1 ending fundamentally diminish the replay value in the post-story sandbox.

still a baffling decision tbh

it looks like they had all the set up for it too but they made the decision at like 99% to be "nah lets make franklin survive"

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I main em all what does this mean

scout mains are cunts

soldier mains are braindead (hurr durr i shoot rocket)

pyro mains are furries

demoman mains are tryhards

heavy mains are CHADS.

engineer mains are suffering from backbreaking depression due to having to deal with their teammate's shit constantly and never getting any thanks for being the spine of the team and singlehandedly winning a game via a well-placed teleporter

medics are subs

snipers are soy boys

spies are bronies and anime nerds

COMBINE THEM ALL AND YOU ARE...

indecisive and need to pick a main