shitpost thread - fuck blackquill

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Your opinion on JoJo is as shite as your opinion on religion.
...Jojo's bizarre adventure should have ended after Joseph as everything that has been animated so far is just stretching out Dio as a villain as much as possible instead of writing new interesting villains like the pillar men.

Reactions: List

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Every episode in the Jotaro arc after all the main characters are introduced right up until they get into Dio's house is exactly the same and might as well be skipped.

You can't change my mind.

wMm7TIJ.jpg

counterpoint: Both D'Arby fights, Pet Shop, Alessi and Mariah

and the fact that you miss out on:

• Avdol's ''death'' and subsequent re-entry into the story
  • The entire point of Polnareff's motivation
  • Missing the introduction of Iggy and N'Doul's fight
  • Missing both D'Arby fights
  • Missing the Oingo Boingo brothers and their comedy episodes

...Jojo's bizarre adventure should have ended after Joseph as everything that has been animated so far is just stretching out Dio as a villain as much as possible instead of writing new interesting villains like the pillar men.

you know there exists parts with completely new villains after part 3 that are all better than the first 3 right

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
  • Avdol's ''death'' and subsequent re-entry into the story
  • The entire point of Polnareff's motivation
  • Missing the introduction of Iggy and N'Doul's fight
  • Missing both D'Arby fights
  • Missing the Oingo Boingo brothers and their comedy episodes
Advol's death and re-entry was fucking terrible and literally took the only meaningful thing that happened in the entirety of the journey to Egypt away. He should have stayed dead like Caesar Zeppeli and been something of actual meaning, like Kakyoin's death at the hands of Dio. On this same point, I fucking hate the fact that Joseph "dies" and then Jotaro just fucking revives him at the end. So many really meaningful moments where you actually have emotion for the characters is just robbed from you because of stupid fucking shit like "oh he isnt really dead lol" and "i'll just start his heart again".

Polnareff was basically a footnote and not important.

Iggy was an interesting character and his death - like Kakyoin - had meaning and was one of the very few good parts of Stardust Crusaders but the N'Doul fight was utterly fucking pointless, just like literally every fight in Stardust Crusaders. It's literally just "my stand is the most powerful stand and no one will ever be able to stop me" right up until Jotaro right at the end figures out the weakness and beats them, it might as fucking well be scooby doo.

The D'Arby fights fall into the exact same thing I said with N'Doul. They don't have any meaning, impact or purpose and offer zero development. They're basically filler, as is every single antagonist up to Dio.

The Oingo Boingo brothers were fucking cringy as hell and I fucking hated the few minutes I endured before skipping.

you know there exists parts with completely new villains after part 3 that are all better than the first 3 right
You'll have to be more specific.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
You'll have to be more specific.

I'm saying that everything that comes after part 3 is better than the first 3 parts

except for maybe Stone Ocean but I'd still say it's much better than part 1 2 and 3

Advol's death and re-entry was fucking terrible and literally took the only meaningful thing that happened in the entirety of the journey to Egypt away. He should have stayed dead like Caesar Zeppeli and been something of actual meaning, like Kakyoin's death at the hands of Dio. On this same point, I fucking hate the fact that Joseph "dies" and then Jotaro just fucking revives him at the end. So many really meaningful moments where you actually have emotion for the characters is just robbed from you because of stupid fucking shit like "oh he isnt really dead lol" and "i'll just start his heart again".

idk, i thought Joseph coming back was fine, and i do agree that Avdol's revival was iffy at best

but hey, agree to disagree

Polnareff was basically a footnote and not important.

:wink:

Iggy was an interesting character and his death - like Kakyoin - had meaning and was one of the very few good parts of Stardust Crusaders but the N'Doul fight was utterly fucking pointless, just like literally every fight in Stardust Crusaders. It's literally just "my stand is the most powerful stand and no one will ever be able to stop me" right up until Jotaro right at the end figures out the weakness and beats them, it might as fucking well be scooby doo.

When I referred to N'Doul, it was mostly because of the dialogue him and Jotaro have at the end of the battle, characterizing Dio as more of a ''Dark savior'' which is later reflected in people like Vanilla Ice and [spoiler that I won't mention]

The D'Arby fights fall into the exact same thing I said with N'Doul. They don't have any meaning, impact or purpose and offer zero development. They're basically filler, as is every single antagonist up to Dio.

The Oingo Boingo brothers were fucking cringy as hell and I fucking hated the few minutes I endured before skipping.

Fair enough. I was mostly just referring to them being different fights/episodes that provide something that isn't just ''Jotaro punches the problem until it goes away''

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
'm saying that everything that comes after part 3 is better than the first 3 parts

except for maybe Stone Ocean but I'd still say it's much better than part 1 2 and 3
If you're referring to the chapters, I've only seen what's been animated so far. Personally I only really care for the first chapter Jonathan/Joseph but I'd be interested to see what comes next.

idk, i thought Joseph coming back was fine, and i do agree that Avdol's revival was iffy at best

but hey, agree to disagree
I mean Joseph literally had Dio throw a knife at his throat, which proceeded to embed all the way into his throat due to Dio's strength. Along with the fact that Dio literally proceeded to drain him of some of his blood via stabbing him in the throat with two of his fingers, leaving Joseph with literally three holes in his throat, and then proceeded to drain him of literally ALL his blood by stabbing him in the chest with his entire right hand, it really shouldn't have been as easy as "I'll just restart his heart".

When I referred to N'Doul, it was mostly because of the dialogue him and Jotaro have at the end of the battle, characterizing Dio as more of a ''Dark savior'' which is later reflected in people like Vanilla Ice and [spoiler that I won't mention]
Fair enough, but it just seemed more like flavour tbh over anything meaningful.

Fair enough. I was mostly just referring to them being different fights/episodes that provide something that isn't just ''Jotaro punches the problem until it goes away''
But that's my point though. 99% of the fights is just him being the ultimate mary sue where he's either a genius or he just punches it till it goes away. Dio's fight was pretty much the only really meaningful fight and that's why it bothers me so much.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
If you're referring to the chapters, I've only seen what's been animated so far. Personally I only really care for the first chapter Jonathan/Joseph but I'd be interested to see what comes next.

> Not caring for best boy Josuke and the Duwang Gang

boo get off stage

But that's my point though. 99% of the fights is just him being the ultimate mary sue where he's either a genius or he just punches it till it goes away. Dio's fight was pretty much the only really meaningful fight and that's why it bothers me so much.

I mean I'm a sucker for Jotaro punching stuff but I agree

He was much better as a supporting character in part 4

Reactions: List

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
> Not caring for best boy Josuke and the Duwang Gang

boo get off stage

I mean I'm a sucker for Jotaro punching stuff but I agree

He was much better as a supporting character in part 4

I think what @Aether is forgetting that if every fight had the impact like the fight with DIO did Mr. Joe star and Kakyoin wouldve of even made it into Egypt. Sure some of them feel like filler episodes, but they're still fun, the Hol Horse and Mondatta episode I really enjoyed, even the fact they took the time to make a different exit song for them

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I think what @Aether is forgetting that if every fight had the impact like the fight with DIO did Mr. Joe star and Kakyoin wouldve of even made it into Egypt. Sure some of them feel like filler episodes, but they're still fun, the Hol Horse and Mondatta episode I really enjoyed, even the fact they took the time to make a different exit song for them

yeah ikr

i have nothing against ''filler'' or meaningless fights as long as the episodes are good