Should I get overwatch

Peter Green

Good People, Good Times
Nebulae
Definitely worth it, all heroes have unique abilities and it's a great game overall. My best purchase of 2016 so far we could say.

Reactions: List

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Na'. Blizzard showed their true money grubbing intent with the new microtransaction stuff.
Don't you argue back that they're purely cosmetic
While I'll admit that I enjoyed Overwatch and it's a fun game, If I were you, I'd go for an equally good class based shooter, Team Fortress 2. The new competitive mode is fantastic and the amount of community gamemodes is jaw dropping. Oh and did I mention, IT'S FREE!

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
tbh while i haven played it, i believe i can say this
from the look of it, it does seem like its gonna get very repetative after a while, similar to how tf2 has the same issue

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
It's a well designed and fun game but it is lacking content at the moment. Although we are getting free updates in the coming future that doesn't justify the lack of content on launch.

My main issue is the lack of maps/gamemodes at the moment, there's only a few and I can see them getting repetitive after being played constantly. I'd recommend playing it with friends/not playing it day after day to prevent boredom.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Played it a few times before, had a good amount of fun with it. I'd say it's an alright buy, but probably the most fun when you got friends around.

Na'. Blizzard showed their true money grubbing intent with the new microtransaction stuff.

While I agree that the new microtransactions are frankly a big ol' pile of shit, it doesn't really make the game any less fun to play on a mechanical and skill based level.

The new competitive mode is fantastic

the amount of community gamemodes

Ah yes... Like trade. And trade. And idle. And trade. And pony fortress.

mfw people compare Overwatch to TF2

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Ah yes... Like trade. And trade. And idle. And trade. And pony fortress.

• Jailbreak
  • Deathrun
  • Prop Hunt
  • VSH
  • X10
  • Dodgeball
  • Minigames
  • Surf
  • Rocket Jump
  • Trade
  • Casual
  • Randomizer
Sorry, what were you saying?
[doublepost=1470923764][/doublepost]
mfw people compare Overwatch to TF2
Sure. They're different games, and how was I comparing them? I was simply putting out my recommendation.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Jailbreak

Cancer

• Deathrun
  • Prop Hunt

Ok those are good

what is this

tbh one of my favorite things to ever grace the face of the Earth. Is it still a thing?

• Rocket Jump

Also good

Randomizer

Also pretty good

That isn't really a community game mode though? Like really.

• Dodgeball
  • Minigames
  • Surf

Makes me want to shoot myself

Makes me wish I contract terminal cancer

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
tbh GMOD/CS does those better than TF2 does.

I miss TF2-Ware

Sure, however that's because Gmod has a lot more freedom in creating gamemodes. Just pointing out TF2 has them as well.

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
Ummm mhm I decided to get it!
@Redhunter I don't really mind it is a lot of money I literally had my birthday got a lot of money from that, and I got paid for work, So I can throw the money and say "MAKE IT RAIN BITCH" So that isn't a issue, and the idea of it being repetitive is meh, mainly because I play CS:GO and dead by daylight which are pretty much only online, and I find them fun because of the challenge, So yeah, I would like to thank you all helping me make a choice

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
It's not criticism lmao

if i wanted to give criticism I'd go to the creators of the gamemodes.
''the analysis and judgement of the merits and faults of a literary or artistic work.''
You were just stating ''Cancer. I want to kill myself.'' etc, this is practically shitposting.

stop

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Cancer

Ok those are good

what is this

tbh one of my favorite things to ever grace the face of the Earth. Is it still a thing?

Also good

Also pretty good

That isn't really a community game mode though? Like really.

Makes me want to shoot myself

Makes me wish I contract terminal cancer

Surf's great fun.

But my favourite TF2 custom mode is called Uber Upgrades.

Basically a normal TF2 game but with cash gained on kills which you can spend upgrading your weapons and class to absurd amounts.

You can get 10,000% damage boosts, 90% damage reductions, 400% jump height, insane amounts of HP and still get insta-killed by one guy with a fully automatic 5,000% damage boost on headshot sniper rifle.

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
Surf's great fun.

But my favourite TF2 custom mode is called Uber Upgrades.

Basically a normal TF2 game but with cash gained on kills which you can spend upgrading your weapons and class to absurd amounts.

You can get 10,000% damage boosts, 90% damage reductions, 400% jump height, insane amounts of HP and still get insta-killed by one guy with a fully automatic 5,000% damage boost on headshot sniper rifle.
you mean MvM x10?

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
you mean MvM x10?

Nope.

It's PvP.

There is an MvM variant of it where the bots are insanely OP to match the players.