Should I get Windows 10?

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
Now, this has been something on my mind for a little while now, mostly because I don't want to be left behind with Windows 7. However, I'm honestly not sure if Windows 10 is truly worth getting, or is just-as-shitty as Windows 8 (Mostly because I've not been able to have any hands-on experience with it). Anybody here able to Recommend it to me or shall I stick with Windows 7?

Gr4Ss

Proton
Nebulae
Windows 8.1 really isn't that shit (just the start menu sucks if you don't put your own tiles on it). IMHO at this point windows 10 is worth it, especially if you come from 7. I'm likely going to upgrade my laptop to it as well so... (laptop's running 8.1 though).

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
I use 7 on my desktop and 10 on my laptop. All I can say is that 7 still feels like the better option to me. It's more logical IMO. Stuff is easy to find, it's powerful. 10 has a few added features that I like, but it looks ugly and still messes with some of my older games that I enjoy playing. If you really want some of the new features 10 has, go for it. Otherwise I recommend sticking with 7.

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
The free windows 10 thing expires on the 29th for me.
I'll get it then

D

Deleted member 225

from what i've seen most people have issues with upgrading to 10 because their computer specs arn't compatible with the system. I got a new computer with 10 already on so it works fine and i'd say is better than 7 in terms of design and user interface. so i'd just make sure your pc is compatible with 10 first and then do it.

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 225

Turn away from the false promise of a better experience, Stick with what you know best.
as long as your computer is compatible with 10 it should work fine with it and windows 10 is all around just better and i think it makes your computer faster as well so...

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
as long as your computer is compatible with 10 it should work fine with it and windows 10 is all around just better and i think it makes your computer faster as well so...

Elaborate on how it makes your computer /faster/

D

Deleted member 225

Elaborate on how it makes your computer /faster/
i dont know exactly but ive been working with an IT company for a bit now and thats what i've heard. I think it's to do with technical shit like better fragmentation or something but i might be wrong

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i dont know exactly but ive been working with an IT company for a bit now and thats what i've heard. I think it's to do with technical shit like better fragmentation or something but i might be wrong

Okay Dokay, Had to google fragmentation just to make sure ya weren't spewing bullshit, this is the internet afterall ;D, But sure, fragmentation improvement is always welcome

bolxevic

Quark
Nebulae
fragmentation is actually bad for your fucking computer's space rofl

you want defragmentation so that hard drive space is more efficiently used

D

Deleted member 225

even if it doesn't make it faster which i think it does. It's still just better in terms of interface and sleek design.
[doublepost=1469051748][/doublepost]
fragmentation is actually bad for your fucking computer's space rofl

you want defragmentation so that hard drive space is more efficiently used
yeah what i meant

LykosNychi

Nucleus
Nebulae
The only issue I have with Win10 is the amount of older, and even newer, games that quite simply cease to function.