Serious Signatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
Please restrict media and pictures IF this gets accepted.

I've had a hellish experience with people setting their signature as FUNNY MEMES AND COMMUNIST PICTURES.

Satirical

Electron
Nebulae
Please restrict media and pictures IF this gets accepted.

I've had a hellish experience with people setting their signature as FUNNY MEMES AND COMMUNIST PICTURES.

If it's just text it's obsolete.

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
This point is moot, again, because you can regulate resolutions literally as a mechanic in Xenforo.

I'm running on a six-year-old ASUS Laptop atm, and I've never had a problem running web pages with that much embedded media on a Xenforo forums site. It's either I haven't, or I did but it was so trivial that I couldn't notice. In either case this seems futile, so I'm going to leave it to whoever needs to evaluate this. It's not urgent enough that it requires me battling to defend it.
you can set maximum sizes for content, but you still have to download the full size image in order to display it at all -- wasted bandwidth
not everyone has a sane internet connection; I only had 5 mbps download until recently which absolutely SUCKED when browsing anything other than text and a few images

let's not forget mobile users that are usually handicapped in terms of available resources and network usage limitations. I find it hard to believe that you haven't experienced any browser freezing/hitching when browsing a thread full of youtube videos or other heavy content - this happens on my desktop, even

in any case, signatures aren't going to be happening so everyone's going to have to make do with tiny avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.