Serious Significant events in nebulous history?

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
What events/incidents/updates/milestones had a significant positive impact on nebulous.cloud and when did they happen?

Potentially this could be a section in community archive pages.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
wasteland 3, dystopia, utopia alongside things like toride and bitter lake come to mind - they're all the heavy hitters imo but that's probably due to bias due to my parts in each of them

anything big dallas made acts as a significant event

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
Why are they important? What impact did they have on the community?

keiiou

I asked to be banned
B A N N E D
Nebulae
rabid and ronald resigning from SD

the creation of fakelands, making rebelrp very stale for around half a year

the closure of CW and the birth of helix during revolution

But most importantly (in my eyes), the time we're currently in.
Helix is still very much in a adolescent state, everything we do right now will impact the server and how it operates in the future.
Who knows? That citizen or rebel you've played a little on and off will become some big-shot name that'll be remembered as 'one of the greats' up there with the legends.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
rabid and ronald resigning from SD
I'd rather focus on stuff other than me resigning given it was when Neb was relatively young (like six or seven months) personally.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
the creation of fakelands, making rebelrp very stale for around half a year

simply calling it stale doesn’t provide anything to look back upon when someone might get interested in nebs history

fakelands was essentially a outlands made out of props that provided prop buildings, shacks for people to rp in and was mostly in control by big boy UF or Lambda who instilled laws late CW HL2RP

rebelrp was seen as to provide a challenge, but apparently that said people thought fakelands removes it with a safezone area even though passive rp safezones like camp deliverance and legitimate hidden bases existed prior

I disagree as I had plenty of fun rping in it cause hell, I prefer passive

it made the city to empty in comparison cause no one wants to rp getting bullied by a perma virgin cop

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
WI vs CWU/King vs Willard

City 24 Teaser & reveal

RUIN event

gaming chair

CWs ending

pilsudski booting leary

empire delegation meeting an advisor/breen

WI Senior Researchers/Leads being executed infront of breen

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
c24 was pretty divisive at the time but it didn’t really have any long-term effects on the server/community. just a map that didn’t work out tbh

the string of events made by @Dallas (utopia, wasteland, toride, etc) set a standard for events and solidified the notion that events and player agency can and should affect the server in terms of lore and direction

perhaps i’m a bit biased with this one, but i think @bjfgpkqkdmtnspwndsjt ’s hl2rp poses started a bit of a counterculture in terms of hl2rp. 2016, people started arguing for a more lax, less stringent approach to hl2rp that included concepts like cps operating more like a traditional police force, a human dispatch, more corrupt/self-centered cops, more drugs, fewer restrictions on narcotics and food, etc.

the end of the cw era was pretty big too. despite the countless times hl2rp communities have died in the past, very few had proper endings to wrap up their storylines and instead just shut down without any closure. red letter day showed that the story of hl2rp can indeed have an endpoint and can be influenced by the players.

just a few off the top of my head.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
but it didn’t really have any long-term effects on the server/community. just a map that didn’t work out tbh
Lemme tell ya

There's a reason why I jokingly call C24 a cursed map, because it was never-ending drama day in day out almost from day 1

It was also where the big cab reforms got started

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
Lemme tell ya

There's a reason why I jokingly call C24 a cursed map, because it was never-ending drama day in day out almost from day 1

oh

yeah take my post with a grain of salt. i wasn’t super involved during 2017 and may very well be talking out of my ass

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
Lemme tell ya

the best we got out of it was the war between tea and coffee and the rogue RLs

unironically the best