Status
Not open for further replies.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
Im glad you guys dated it so I can join in right after my exams
i ToO liKe mOcK eXaM wEeK

As much as I outright value C24 for the amazing work and things you can do, the life essence of rp itself is gone

With the loss of just some random joining and having fun comes the loss of actualyl witnessing or being a part of it, things like short-lived cults and things like that don't happen anymore because of the large map disparity between uu and rebel

there's no zone that's a midway between the two, only either 100% uu or 100% rebel, alongside a small area that can't house anything more than a small clubhouse

I just miss being able to hunt anticitizens and not actual rebels, since rebels could just be in the sewers but AC's were amongst you

on C24 you can just leave to rebel area and never come back, barring events and the like

honestly I've experienced more fun rebel rp on this map than I ever did on i17 or c8
the map would probably have a better 50/50 zone if not for cp's being on a chain and getting all pumped up to holocaust everyone in d1 on a regular basic just to make up for the fact that they couldn't sweep d2 for the umpteenth time

Reactions: List

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Zak goes for practicality and a decent map
Atle goes for looks and lots of features but way too big and flawed

I like the look of this

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Zak goes for practicality and a decent map
Atle goes for looks and lots of features but way too big and flawed

I like the look of this
Last time zak went for practicality it was empty and incoherent

No offense but in a roleplay server I rather have a nice and immersive map than a map that is mechanically fun

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Last time zak went for practicality it was empty and incoherent

No offense but in a roleplay server I rather have a nice and immersive map than a map that is mechanically fun
Oh yeah true but like if it’s so big that you virtually never see anyone else unless you’re meeting up with them or you’re in the rebel zone, you’d need a somewhat more practical map yeah?

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Oh yeah true but like if it’s so big that you virtually never see anyone else unless you’re meeting up with them or you’re in the rebel zone, you’d need a somewhat more practical map yeah?
Idk, people seem to want verticality to which I'd suggest just removing the d2 underground as its almost always unused anyway and instead use the ressources to work on acessible rooftops and parkour-esque routes above d2, but I don't know how many brushes the bunker actually occupies

It's also not really hard to find people, every map always has hotspots, some closer to eachother than others. I, for once, appreciate being able to roleplay alone every now and then, which you cannot in cramped maps

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

D17 as it stands is not a practical map for anyone aside from standard Citizenry and Units.

Load the map up in singleplayer and glance at the fuck-all space available to underground elements, then look at the amount of above-ground hovels that will never be used at all. I can guarantee that the majority of the rooms will be squandered or never used, while outcast elements will find themselves quashed into a quagmire of a clusterfuck.

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
C24 offered a nice balance of room for both, pro-Union and anti-Union portions of the city without it feeling too out-of-place and without having to once again squeeze outlands and city into one map. The map was made for fluxuating control between the factions but I guess people just hate change

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I can guarantee that the majority of the rooms will be squandered or never used, while outcast elements will find themselves quashed into a quagmire of a clusterfuck.
So... literally I17?

People praise I17's underground but 90% of the sewers never got used, the beach never got used, the only two things that got used were hidden bases and the main camp. Most maps we've been on have better undergrounds for rebels than I17 ever did.

All you'd need to do in this case would be some prop work to block up some of the broken ways in (like the crumbled wall into the big underground space that was the hub last time we were on the map), make the rebel camp an OOC safe zone like on I17 and gas one or two areas.

Or god forbid people maybe try using those above-ground hovels...

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
So... literally I17?

People praise I17's underground but 90% of the sewers never got used, the beach never got used, the only two things that got used were hidden bases and the main camp. Most maps we've been on have better undergrounds for rebels than I17 ever did.

All you'd need to do in this case would be some prop work to block up some of the broken ways in (like the crumbled wall into the big underground space that was the hub last time we were on the map), make the rebel camp an OOC safe zone like on I17 and gas one or two areas.

Or god forbid people maybe try using those above-ground hovels...

nobody takes those risks when it's their shit at stake for no return

sticking with others is objectively the better idea

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
nobody takes those risks when it's their shit at stake for no return

sticking with others is objectively the better idea
Oh, I know and agree.

It just makes picking maps even harder because not many of them were designed with 40-50 rebels who were 100% underground all the time in mind, so they're only large and complex enough to support smaller groups capable of mixing in as needed.

In an ideal world it'd be a mix of above and below, but obviously Neb's population makes that difficult. I17 only works because of the hidden bases, for example.

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Oh, I know.

It just makes picking maps even harder because not many of them were designed with 40-50 rebels who were 100% underground all the time in mind, so they're only large and complex enough to support smaller groups capable of mixing in. In an ideal world it'd be a mix of above and below, but obviously Neb's population makes that difficult. I17 only works because of the hidden bases, for example.

everybody needs to stop being an entitled shit about maps then it wouldn't be a problem lol

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
everybody needs to stop being an entitled shit about maps then it wouldn't be a problem lol
CVq9UeVUYAAEBT-.jpg

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to this map. It should be a good change, with Zak's edits.

Status
Not open for further replies.