News Singularity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wash

Nucleus
Nebulae
I seriously feel sorry for the Civil Authority as they lose their offices again.

Worse yet, I looked at the map and they now share the same building as with the Civil Protection and Overwatch forces, and we share the same singular elevator.
[doublepost=1510661380][/doublepost]Oh, and I did look at the map, I loved it, can't wait to see it being fully used too.

Reactions: List

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
"I want to remember the guys I PKed"

Are the 4 bluesuits made by the same ooc guy not knowing the gamemode truly worth it

Wash

Nucleus
Nebulae
"I want to remember the guys I PKed"

Are the 4 bluesuits made by the same ooc guy not knowing the gamemode truly worth it

Not exactly my goal, more of a kill count. Plus some of the names are just laughable.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I seriously feel sorry for the Civil Authority as they lose their offices again.

Worse yet, I looked at the map and they now share the same building as with the Civil Protection and Overwatch forces, and we share the same singular elevator.
This is the same as most maps tbh. C24 is literally the only map we've been on that they don't share space, Nexus wise. And C8 I guess but you were still both 'in the Nexus'.

Wash

Nucleus
Nebulae
Whatever, it's my inventory space.

As I was saying, I do love the map and what's been done with it, I'll definitely be more confused than before with regards to the Nexus when I get there, but hey, I actually love seeing that place.

Oh and the fact that the Dispatch Room is probably the single most exposed room in the whole nexus from what I've seen.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'll definitely be more confused than before with regards to the Nexus when I get there, but hey, I actually love seeing that place.
Fun fact actually, the first version of this map we used on Lemonpunch was a fucking mess, Nexus/coding wise.

The Nexus wasn't signposted and was so hard to navigate that you had units literally refusing to flag up cause they didn't know how to get out, there was a random Nova-Prospekt ripped prison section just inside the main gateway off to one side and the doors hadn't been coded properly in the Nexus so literally anyone of any faction could open them, and this couldn't be fixed.

Including the main doors.

In the end most of the ways into the Nexus got propblocked off to cope.

AmyCat

Proton
Nebulae
Fun fact actually, the first version of this map we used on Lemonpunch was a fucking mess, Nexus/coding wise.

The Nexus wasn't signposted and was so hard to navigate that you had units literally refusing to flag up cause they didn't know how to get out, there was a random Nova-Prospekt ripped prison section just inside the main gateway off to one side and the doors hadn't been coded properly in the Nexus so literally anyone of any faction could open them, and this couldn't be fixed.

Including the main doors.

In the end most of the ways into the Nexus got propblocked off to cope.
I still remember the random Judgement Waivers at 2am before admins caught on to where people were sneaking in...

Wash

Nucleus
Nebulae
c2c8c29e3023b0de12eed3438009e72e.png

maxresdefault.jpg
[doublepost=1510663628][/doublepost]
Well, I was hype for a change at first, but...

Looked over the map on Single Player and there are so many issues with textures and dead ends and all this REALLY cramped up feeling, visuals are really meh compared to C24 and generally I don't understand the appeal.

Why do people want to go back to 17 again? This is so disconnected and not really established. A lot of rooms are REALLY empty and seem downright unfinished.

Mostly just attempted criticism on my part. :/

Nothing will ever look as good as City 24 currently, but this map is currently just to have players be able to run the server. And I agree when you say it's cramped.

By comparison to C24, I'd develop claustrophobia just playing this map. As for how this feels to me is more of an urban setting, where you can try to use these tight urban areas to escape or find yourself in a dead end. This feels more for a CP's vs. Rebels kind of map, to me, well...I'm a CP so I don't really mind too much.

As for people saying "But there's no underground!" There are many a secret spot around here from what I can tell to make a sort of Rebel zone and the like, if you get what I mean. It doesn't have to be underground, just detatched from the rest of the City.

.:BurningFox:.

Professional cynic
Nebulae
People keep saying that mechanics wise this map is better but I don't even see THAT at all. There's so many dead ends, so many places that lead to nothingness, all kinds of confusing routes that lead nowhere (or doors that don't even WORK at all and are just textures, which I don't believe ANY are present in C24) or an unpassable wall that actually is frustratingly enough connected to another path. A lot of areas are just awkward skybox and generally the map is a confusing mess. Explain how it's mechanically better???

I'm all for promoting a middle ground between rebels and citizens but is this /really/ going to do that, because I hardly see it.

Also as stated earlier by someone else, I'd rather take a beautiful and immersive big map than a cramped as fuck secluded one that looks like someone's first Hammer map. The uniqueness of C24 is pretty much gone here, and that really does bother me. Either way, assuming this map is legit and is here to stay, guess I'll have to cope somehow and see how it actually plays in an RP standpoint.

Wash

Nucleus
Nebulae
People keep saying that mechanics wise this map is better but I don't even see THAT at all. There's so many dead ends, so many places that lead to nothingness, all kinds of confusing routes that lead nowhere (or doors that don't even WORK at all and are just textures, which I don't believe ANY are present in C24) or an unpassable wall that actually is frustratingly enough connected to another path. A lot of areas are just awkward skybox and generally the map is a confusing mess. Explain how it's mechanically better???

I'm all for promoting a middle ground between rebels and citizens but is this /really/ going to do that, because I hardly see it.

Also as stated earlier by someone else, I'd rather take a beautiful and immersive big map than a cramped as fuck secluded one that looks like someone's first Hammer map. The uniqueness of C24 is pretty much gone here, and that really does bother me. Either way, assuming this map is legit and is here to stay, guess I'll have to cope somehow and see how it actually plays in an RP standpoint.

Let's just give it a bit of time to see how the tightness plays out in scenarios involving CPs and Rebels or Citizens trying to evade, personally I would think it'd make the chase more exciting in my view whereas in C24 it's mainly giant streets that show a target on the back of your head when you try to run.

I mean, I understand how you feel it's a bit cramped, C24 definitely had the unique aspect I'll surely miss (plus the Announcer had emotion in announcing) but it was too widescape in my view, I mean, the APC we're going to miss, that's surely to get the axe because of the narrow streets, but with C24, it was so widescape, you can have a full server and I only see four-six people on the streets.

Professional cynic
Nebulae
with C24, it was so widescape, you can have a full server and I only see four-six people on the streets.
That's not the fault of the map, that's the fault of the playerbase being 70% rebels, 25% CP and 5% citizens most of the time. The rebel area, wherever it gets established, will be filled to the brim again, and you'll have to search through a cramped city to find any life whatsoever. The problem remains, though arguably a billion times more frustrating.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
you'll have to search through a cramped city to find any life whatsoever. The problem remains, though arguably a billion times more frustrating.
Not really, imo?

Look at I17. The map was closer so you saw loads more people topside. C24 didn't have that. It was a gorgeous map but was honestly far too widespread for its own good. You could see someone and literally have to cut them off to RP with them by taking the other way, cause you'd never catch them.

There's a lot more citizens than you think there are, you just never saw them because they could get to the rebel area easy.

Professional cynic
Nebulae
There's a lot more citizens than you think there are, you just never saw them because they could get to the rebel area easy.
You're essentially backing up my point. Thanks.

But in all seriousness, yeah, there's a lot more citizens than you think. But a massive chunk of them are rebels. And I mean, a massive chunk. And they're mostly the kind that are either BOL, or off grid for good, so you never see them in the city. That's why it feels so empty.

Also I literally haven't had an issue with RPing with people to begin with. Cutting them off implies running to catch them, if everyone walks like they should be in the city with CPs watching them at all moments, then I don't see how that's an issue to begin with.

Yesterday was pretty good anyway because there was a massive crowd of citizens, workshifts galore, everything. Generally a good day for the city itself. A pretty rare sight I'm sure, and that was all without forcing a 'new' old map down our throats.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Because sewers were shit and boring
-.-

My point was that the map wasn't so spread out it took 10 mins of walking to find someone. You could step into the plaza and find RP, or go to D4.
[doublepost=1510667622][/doublepost]
You're essentially backing up my point. Thanks.
Again; not really?

You can't compare C24 to I17 because if you tried to run off to join the rebels on I17 you'd die in the gas. This encouraged more people to stay topside for longer and populate the city for longer. You could walk around I17 no matter the district and find people to RP within, at max, 5 mins.

C24 is a good map but it has a fair few big flaws, including sheer size. You could run around D1 and barely see anyone.

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
-.-

My point was that the map wasn't so spread out it took 10 mins of walking to find someone. You could step into the plaza and find RP, or go to D4.
Then we should do something that encourages people to play on their citizen that isn't discouraging rebelRP via sudden walls. Everytime I was on my citizen idly walking through the city I had no issue finding people on the streets - it's just that rebelRP is much more rewarding than boring citizenRP in terms of RP capabilities and amount.
[doublepost=1510667755][/doublepost]Also @RabidMaggot93 ur fake and gay

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Then we should do something that encourages people to play on their citizen that isn't discouraging rebelRP via sudden walls.
Let me tell you from experience; if you offer someone the chance to be a rebel without a paywall/literal wall or stay a citizen, maybe 1/10 people will stay a citizen, guaranteed. You'd bleed citizen population by the bucketful.

Nothing you can give a citizen will, unless they stick to their character religiously, make them want to stay as one if you say "here, you can go join the rebels."

Status
Not open for further replies.