So any tips for playing England In EU4?

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
Well, you see I kinda suck on EU4 last time I played England I got wrecked by the french and their allies so I was wondering anyone got any tips to help me?
that's your first mistake, going to war with france when it has allies and you don't
here's a tip

play hearts of iron 4 instead
also yeah, dane boy is right

Reactions: List

ruben slikk

Nebulae
m8 I'm here to discuss EU4 not to hear some guy with his mum credit card.
yeah well you shouldn't go to war with france unless you have a substantial alliance because you're gonna get shafted the moment you land your troops in a port

Joe Thompson

Electron
Nebulae
yeah well you shouldn't go to war with france unless you have a substantial alliance because you're gonna get shafted the moment you land your troops in a port
Here the problem you see my Allies don't join me that is well one of the main problems i have.

ruben slikk

Nebulae
Here the problem you see my Allies don't join me that is well one of the main problems i have.
your allies don't join you because you're picking a fight with france

who was france allied with?

Joe Thompson

Electron
Nebulae
your allies don't join you because you're picking a fight with france

who was france allied with?
Austria Portugal Scotland and couple of other smaller dukes and all that, Castile joined though they barely helped since they lost half of their men fighting Portugal and when they did finally come to assist me my army was well weakened with me fighting Austria and France though somehow I was able to beat those two fairly easily early in the war, however, they kept coming with soldiers again and again and my army was extremely weakened which left me to lose since they were able to get togeather with me trying my best to kill as many of their small stacks as I could.

ruben slikk

Nebulae
Austria Portugal Scotland and couple of other smaller dukes and all that, Castile joined though they barely helped since they lost half of their men fighting Portugal and when they did finally come to assist me my army was well weakened with me fighting Austria and France though somehow I was able to beat those two fairly easily early in the war, however, they kept coming with soldiers again and again and my army was extremely weakened which left me to lose since they were able to get togeather with me trying my best to kill as many of their small stacks as I could.
france was allied with austria and portugal and you decided to attack them? fucking hell lol

Joe Thompson

Electron
Nebulae
france was allied with austria and portugal and you decided to attack them? fucking hell lol
Well yeah, I was a bit more of a noob when I played that since before that I only played Portugal and a little bit of the Ottomans.

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
Well, you see I kinda suck on EU4 last time I played England I got wrecked by the french and their allies so I was wondering anyone got any tips to help me?
get defensive ideas first to get that morale bonus to counter their 20% they get from ideas and BEGIN YOUR CONQUEST OF FRANCE ANYWAY
literally my fav thing to do as england

Joe Thompson

Electron
Nebulae
get defensive ideas first to get that morale bonus to counter their 20% they get from ideas and BEGIN YOUR CONQUEST OF FRANCE ANYWAY
literally my fav thing to do as england
10/10 tip I will suicide my nation again

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
10/10 tip I will suicide my nation again
"suicide"
39BB6C1408BE3B8ACEE419F0B5C02B3DC5521D04

C9A9B2AD69D4E150A56E5134C5BFB09774092E2B
all u have to do is declare war on Brittany, beat back burgundy at the same time, and then begin your conquest of france my friend

Last edited:

Teoras

Proton
Nebulae
Heres some early game tips:
Irish nations dont really affect you that much whether they are friends or foes. Dont depend on them to help you win wars.

France is /really/ strong at the start of the game compared to you. Dont try to win wars against them by yourself.

Austria usually is strong af and can help you keep the baguettes at bay. Ally them asap!

Get colonozing fairly quick to get the extra merchants, in my playtrough that was the main profit of the uk, had like 8 merchants and was making 200 gold with a 100 ship strong navy.

Hope this helps but you can google this too :D

Bandit

Nucleus
Nebulae
honhonhonhonhonhon lets us make a bagguete eifel tower

Joe Thompson

Electron
Nebulae
So I'm currently in 1668 Or something along those lines and well I've done good and bad, I've colonized the front of America with the thirteen colonies owning most of it, I also colonized most of the south Africa with small portions of the east south Africa as well with a couple of islands east of Africa. Now with wars I've done mostly shit with me losing all of my french provinces due to France and Burgandy French Cunts, however, I'm currently at war with India with it being a standstill currently with me taking the southern island with the royal fleet blocking the filthy Indians.

Edit: Forgot to add this I've conquered all of Ireland and Scotland and formed Great Britain.

Nebulae
So I'm currently in 1668 Or something along those lines and well I've done good and bad, I've colonized the front of America with the thirteen colonies owning most of it, I also colonized most of the south Africa with small portions of the east south Africa as well with a couple of islands east of Africa. Now with wars I've done mostly shit with me losing all of my french provinces due to France and Burgandy French Cunts, however, I'm currently at war with India with it being a standstill currently with me taking the southern island with the royal fleet blocking the filthy Indians.

Edit: Forgot to add this I've conquered all of Ireland and Scotland and formed Great Britain.
it's normal that france and burgundy is taking your mainland europe stuff but good job. Have you already taken orkney island (north of british island) because if norway is free, you can claim orkney and attack norway and possibly conquer all of scandinaviaaa but aside from that good job.

Joe Thompson

Electron
Nebulae
it's normal that france and burgundy is taking your mainland europe stuff but good job. Have you already taken orkney island (north of british island) because if norway is free, you can claim orkney and attack norway and possibly conquer all of scandinaviaaa but aside from that good job.
I would do that, however, my only allies are Norway and Sweden and other than that everyone either hates me or doesn't want to royal marriage or form an alliance despite me throwing money at them and Improving relation.