Solo [Spoiler Thread]

Discussion in 'Film and TV' started by Tzula, May 25, 2018.

1. ye man

ye man Nucleus

Nebulae:
    the problem with rogue one was the first one hour and a half of the movie was the worst character development ever and it had way too many characters without development(oh look i met this asian dude and at first i hated him and now im crying when he died one hour later), also if you think the protagonist of rogue one had more personality than a rock you're probably high as a kite. when i came from the cinema in that movie i was super happy with it and i loved it, but part of it was how hyped the vader scenes and action scenes made me, then on a second watch i was almost falling asleep with all the boring character arcs. solo was safe but it was a much better movie imo, not that that's saying much lmao, i'd probably give rogue one a 6/10 and solo a 7/10. both of these movies are gigantic fanservice movies, moreso rogue one cause it's literally there to explain the biggest criticism people have had about ANH for 40 years (why would they put that hole there on the death star?) and of course, the vader scene.
    oh yeah im also obviously exaggerating about the 'worst ch dev'

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ramsgater

ramsgater `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    it's nice to see, but to his character it's completely pointless - he's already a main character in the movies, meaning that his story is already expansive enough - in other words, him saying 'yo i did the kessel run in 12 parsecs' is completely fine without making a movie and showing it as 'le amazing action scene'. just character arc overload with unnecessary stuff

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Plankster

Plankster `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    You saying it like this makes me think that the whole aspect of this is pretty subjective since I liked the fact that we got explained to us as to why his name is Solo, since I've always thought that it was his real last name. Pretty neat to find out that it wasn't imo.

I mean there is a lot of films that does this and if I was to take a wild guess it would be that maybe he learned it back at the planet he was raised on for some reason. Maybe involving dealing with Wookies?

Probably since he was hungry and blinded by rage. The guards said that they hadn't fed him in three days after all and Han just seemed like another victim that pissed off the empire (plus we already know chewie hates the empire since they took his family/tribe).
    Merged:
    But don't you think it's rather nice to dig deeper into story arcs and actually show how it all played out? I know i've always liked it when things go deeper into the story.

4. Legolas

Legolas Atom
    Media Developer

Nebulae:
    no literally bro
    i went in hyped, but it now rests as one of the only movies i slept in for a bit, alongside need for speed movie.
    watching the death scenes didn't mean anything to me
    the vader scene saved me from completely disliking the movie.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice