Source engine: NVIDIA or AMD?

pepsi fish

Electron
Nebulae
I'm thinking for a good time now, that either NVIDIA or AMD video cards are more 'compatible' for games using the Source engine. I'm not talking about exact drivers, just is it either NVIDIA, AMD, or rather independent-sided?
Aka Frostbite 3 engine supports AMD iirc, etc, etc.

ecchikawaii

A NIM E D U D E
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Most valve game are kinda old, and they're well optimized if you're playing them as intended (gmod isn't the way it's intended) Also both companies are both limiting themselves to a limit where there is almost no difference between the comparibilty to the said game

Also most graphic cards that aren't from the medivel can run source games

Reactions: List

Entora

Proton
Nebulae
intel integrated can get you 60 fps on csgo it doesnt really matter

Nicrobe

Lord of Ineptitude
Nebulae
I might be the saddest sod here.

My VRAM is 64MB'S. Just imagine my pain, having 10-20 fps with evrything turned to the lowest end of low.

Can't even play terraria ;__;

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
Uh, whichevers cheapest. People seem to hate AMD-anything. I have a full £350 AMD rig and I can run everything I want at like 30-60 fps on high so uh, yeah. You don't need a fancy 980TIXTREMEEDITION2017prerelease12gb video card to run a game well. If you're tight for cash and on a budget build, I really REALLY recommend a second hand R280X or a 960 2GB version, I picked up some old model 280x for £20 in a hardware spare parts area so just look around there for cheap deals and such. as for processors - everyone's gona tell you to get an I5 or I7 - if you're like me and have no money, buy an AMD FX4300 first or second hand for about £30 and you're set for pretty much anything.

Kinda rambled on but, yeah! Hope this helped I guess.

None of this really matters though, you could have two titans strapped together with an octa-core processor and you'd still never get above 30fps on clockwork.

Reactions: List