[SPOILERS] AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
As someone who doesn't really read the comics but generally enjoys the Marvel movies, I felt a bit dissatisfied with Thanos as the villain here. For several past movies he's portrayed as this ultimate all-powerful guy behind every major catastrophe, and then all of a sudden he's some dude walking around taking care of his own business.

Anyways, I liked the movie but it wasn't great. Some critical parts were very rushed, while others dragged on for ages only to end in what is supposed to be some sort of super emotional climax only for the characters to appear as if they don't really care their lifelong friends perish before their eyes.

Also, I've noticed for several movies now (not just Marvel) that they try to cram in as much 'easy comedy' as possible. I mean, for something that's supposed to be a rather dark, gritty movie there's constant joking around and being a wiseass while literally half the universe is about to die.
When I saw that the movie was going to be 2,5 hours I was hyped, not so much when I realized they're not afraid of wasting a full 5 minutes on a dude slowly eating peanuts for a cheap laugh or Thor cracking a joke in the same conversation as discussing how his world is destroyed and everyone he loves is dead.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
As someone who doesn't really read the comics but generally enjoys the Marvel movies, I felt a bit dissatisfied with Thanos as the villain here. For several past movies he's portrayed as this ultimate all-powerful guy behind every major catastrophe, and then all of a sudden he's some dude walking around taking care of his own business.
i thought every previous film with thanos hinted in it was implying more and more that he was considering getting the job done, especially after gotg

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
i like the way he was done, the mcu has had killer villans recently with thanos, hela, killmonger (i hear he good, not seen it yet) and whoever that is in homecoming

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
MCU really needs to learn to not kill off a villain in the movie he appears in, Ultron is a shining example. Hopefully they take a note out of Infinity War's playbook and keep it up with future movies.

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
MCU really needs to learn to not kill off a villain in the movie he appears in, Ultron is a shining example. Hopefully they take a note out of Infinity War's playbook and keep it up with future movies.
I just hope Thanos will live like in the comics

he's just living on a ranch thinking out what he's done

Anyways, I liked the movie but it wasn't great. Some critical parts were very rushed, while others dragged on for ages only to end in what is supposed to be some sort of super emotional climax only for the characters to appear as if they don't really care their lifelong friends perish before their eyes.

Also, I've noticed for several movies now (not just Marvel) that they try to cram in as much 'easy comedy' as possible. I mean, for something that's supposed to be a rather dark, gritty movie there's constant joking around and being a wiseass while literally half the universe is about to die.
When I saw that the movie was going to be 2,5 hours I was hyped, not so much when I realized they're not afraid of wasting a full 5 minutes on a dude slowly eating peanuts for a cheap laugh or Thor cracking a joke in the same conversation as discussing how his world is destroyed and everyone he loves is dead.
not exactly sure why you'd think a marvel movie would be dark and gritty, that's more like DC's """movies"""

and in the past movies Thanos has been trying to get the stones. As he mentioned in the movie, he sent out Gamora to find the soul stone. In Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 1 he's trying to get the power stone. At the end of age of ultron he gets the infinity gauntlet. This movie was just Thanos finally enacting his plans after locating 4 out of the 5 stones

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
mr stark... i dont feel so good....
p6zmxzx.jpg

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae
An interesting way they could rectify the death of Ultron is that the components of Vision's mind that Shuri ends up taking and replicating (Vision's body didn't vanish) back into the body of Vision would be 100% Ultron. Probably won't happen, but hey, it could do.

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
dc films blow absolute hard cock even though i don’t really like marvel either