Nebulae
is squid game worth giving a watch?
asking for a friend
may not be the best show that’s ever been made but it’s still a good watch

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
one thing I had the hardest time understanding was the detective looking for that homie. he won the game like 5 years ago or something but they're only looking for him as missing as of like a week. theres no shot he got bumped to front man just randomly after 5 years so it really doesnt make sense that he got reported now rather than yknow like years back

Reactions: List

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
one thing I had the hardest time understanding was the detective looking for that homie. he won the game like 5 years ago or something but they're only looking for him as missing as of like a week. theres no shot he got bumped to front man just randomly after 5 years so it really doesnt make sense that he got reported now rather than yknow like years back
I was a bit confused with him having to check the different years, maybe I just understood it wrong but surely he would've known which year his brother entered - not too sure what I misunderstood since it seemed like quite a plot hole

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
Could be that his brother had frequently visited the mainland to avoid completely vanishing from sight. Perhaps it was only recently that he took up the role and disappeared entirely.

Last edited:

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Could be that his brother had frequently visited the mainland to avoid completely vanishing from sight. Perhaps it was only recently that he took up the role and disappeared entirely.
I was a bit confused with him having to check the different years, maybe I just understood it wrong but surely he would've known which year his brother entered - not too sure what I misunderstood since it seemed like quite a plot hole
yeah I can see that, he seemed pretty nervous around the VIPs but then again I just assumed that was because they had a rogue murderer somewhere in their crew. I also wondered why they had such an insane amount of records kept since at least 1999 and the cops acted as if they've never ever heard it get reported before. I guess they want us to assume that clause 3 is new or nobody remembered it but thats 456 people across 20 years. nearly 10,000 people missing out of the country.

also that husband and wife team might be the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet. they join the game together, see literally 200 people get mowed down like it's d-day and then they come back to the game together like one wont die. the detective was also kinda stupid too. at the beginning he beat the shit out of that guard in the van and killed him. then he swapped clothes, then for some reason had his ID out of his pockets when he changed then put it on the body of the corpse? if he gets caught hes already fucked so having the ID really doesnt matter, and then the body with his ID ends up washing on shore so all the bad guys know who he is. on top of that he didnt even bother letting anyone know where he was even going. this mfer told the chief 'yo I cant come in today' via text instead of yknow taking some pictures for human trafficking evidence and shit before stowing away

the detective was the biggest disappointment to me too. he had the best build-up through the episodes for me and actual, solid motivations despite how idiotic he was. they went through all of that for a completely meaningless, zero explanation reveal that his brother is the front man. they shoot the dude and then just end his story as if it never even happened in the first place[/SPOILER

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
got it chief
while this is a good watch so far, the plot of gathering every man in debt is a bit... one-toned.
besides, what is even the old-man's debt? Does he partake for the thrill of it?
Kinda didn't quite catch that and I am afraid to look it up, and I kinda hope it later is revealed or something.

It especially confused me given that usually people without debts aren't invited.

D

Deleted member 243

watched it with my girl and got really sad at the part where the MC fleeced the old geezer because i liked the old geezer. the game with the marbles was executed superbly, a great twist. they took a big shit on you, telling you that someone's gonna eat lead and you might like that someone.

it was kind of predictable who would make it out but still, the fact the game was against the guy you chose and the annoying woman didn't get merked were overall good twists for that game

btw 10000 Won is like 6 quid lmao

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
watched it with my girl and got really sad at the part where the MC fleeced the old geezer because i liked the old geezer. the game with the marbles was executed superbly, a great twist. they took a big shit on you, telling you that someone's gonna eat lead and you might like that someone.

it was kind of predictable who would make it out but still, the fact the game was against the guy you chose and the annoying woman didn't get merked were overall good twists for that game

btw 10000 Won is like 6 quid lmao
image0.png

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
didnt like the ending. why df did mc even get red hair lmao that was probably the weirdest turn i've seen... besides mc turning into off-brand john wick lmfao. i'm surprised mc didnt even go for the child tbh, but i can understand - ur mom's dead n shit, yeah fair enough u gotta think abotu sit, but idk.

the whole brother vs brother plot felt really forced and honestly shouldn't have went.
the old man being the leader was predictable and foreshadowed in the marbles episode where they shoot but you dont hear the body falling - the golden rule is that if you dont see a character die on screen, they are not dead. the show has also had the bodies fall before when shot with the audio, so subtle hint there.

though idk the cast felt really really weird

the true mc is the north korean chick dont @ me bro holy shit

i wanna see the red-head john wick take on the secret organization that can gather hundreds of automatic guns for it's members in a country with gun laws stricter than China's one child policy though, so, there's that

Not worth the hype but still a good watch (dub is good too, i couldn't stand the korean original for some reason and had more pleasure on the eng dub)

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
I haven't reached the final episode yet but I must say
they killed it with korean (of course given that the show originates from Korea), even if I had to rely on the subtitles I could clearly read based on tone alone how the mood was set
I like it

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
the only redeeming part about the final episode was the mgs4 fight at the beginning otherwise it was absolute shit fuck netflix not everything needs 2 seasons

41RY.gif

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
Well. Everything leading up to this point was very exciting.
In my personal opinion it was a great first season, but goddamn
that ending was confusing.
It appears to me that Oh-ilnam or otherwise 001 had a crystal-clear motive given the ending.
That was the least confusing part.

What really confused me were two things:
The Front Man and 456, Gi-hun.

In-ho, otherwise known as The Front Man is presented to us as the quasi-director of the untitled games, only to be revealed later that he did previously participate in the game himself. As the Front Man confronts the Officer, who was his brother, he mercilessly guns him down and off the cliff.
Why? Why did he do both of these things?

And no I don't think Jun-ho will return.

Was In-ho coerced by Oh-ilnam in a similar fashion as he tried with Gi-hun after the games?
There are many open ended questions

including why Gi-hun out of all people suddenly wants to return to the games, and not as a player out of all things.
Hell he even didn't state his birthday, which is needed for entry. He explicitly states that he no longer is a "horse" but a person.
Does that imply that Gi-hun wants to experience these things from the perspective of the staff?
What is his grander scheme, and why does he want to go back?

What the fuck?