Serious Staff Appreciation

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
hey man I'll be honest, the point of not saying the n word is not to offend people over the implications of the word in the first place, but if someone who is black or mixed or whatever says it and they get punished, is that not defeating the whole point in the first place?

at the end of the day, it's an rp server, game, whatever but things like that are a big thonk

basically what @bubblegum said, we can't control who is and who isn't a POC, we can't really policy who can say it and who can't either, because it gives people the idea anyone can say it

whether you think POCs can or can't say it, or you advocate for everyone being allowed to say it, the reality is that the word is recorded as a slur, and thus by the book we can't allow it, and we can't discriminate so we can't allow anyone to say it, whether Caucasian, Asian, African, Middle-Eastern or whatever, simply no-one can say it

I guess, at the end of the day it is a game, but people just usually don't work like that.

Then again, it's easy to say "who cares what folk say" but eh, it affects different folk differently.

Still, words are words, they got meaning if you give 'em meaning, personally I just think it's silly to ban people over, especially if y'know

you think it's silly because you see it from the POV of an individual, member of the community

but we can't officially condone slurs as the staff, simple as

Reactions: List

Damned Husky

Proton
Nebulae
don't butcher me for tagging, admins.
(this is the only time I ever tag you outside bios so have mercy!!)

@Blackquill you've been here forever, and always helpful (when you respond to my PMs goddamnit!!!)

@Chezburger is the coolest admin ever, and also my IC boss... and also has fun RP ideas and gimmicks.

@MaelRadecs is great, he doesn't know me at all but he has been a kind person and accepted my friend request, so thx for that! (Or she's, idk)

@dee pixel You helped with Chez's event and you were uber cool then so I'm guessing you're still uber-cool and that's why I included you too!

D

Deleted member 4425

don't butcher me for tagging, admins.
(this is the only time I ever tag you outside bios so have mercy!!)

@Blackquill you've been here forever, and always helpful (when you respond to my PMs goddamnit!!!)

@Chezburger is the coolest admin ever, and also my IC boss... and also has fun RP ideas and gimmicks.

@MaelRadecs is great, he doesn't know me at all but he has been a kind person and accepted my friend request, so thx for that! (Or she's, idk)

@dee pixel You helped with Chez's event and you were uber cool then so I'm guessing you're still uber-cool and that's why I included you too!
I am a simple man

I see a post praising chez, I dumb

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
slurs = gamers gulag'ed
unironic racism on the forums = *crickets*
yeah lmao

we've literally had people talk about race realism and how specific kinds of people are literal subhumans but thats okay as long as you dont say the gamerword

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
saying a bad word should not incur a ban with the same level of severity as mass RDM, whether or not someone gets offended

but thats just a hot take

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae

I remember saying that Muslim people weren't more dangerous than European men and got called a liberal or something and no one did anything. Nuke CA.

bubblegum

Nebulae
yeah lmao

we've literally had people talk about race realism and how specific kinds of people are literal subhumans but thats okay as long as you dont say the gamerword

What annoys me is that certain bigotry is bannable but other types don't seem to be punished that much.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
slurs = gamers gulag'ed
yeah lmao

uh i've banned people for that shit/outright deleted and locked threads that devolved into that garbage

stop trying to act like there's a double standard with it

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
slurs = gamers gulag'ed
I mean not entirely true, people have been perma'd over that for going too far. And in fact when bans for racism have dropped people complained about it (like when @Dalekfodder got someone banned for the cockroach comment).

"It was just a joke bro" was the instant defence.

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
yeah lmao

i feel like im on fucking reddit

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
but we can't officially condone slurs as the staff, simple as
yeah I get that, but it just seems circular to me, damned if you do damned if you don't type deal

no real point kicking up a fuss over it though

bubblegum

Nebulae
uh i've banned people for that shit/outright deleted and locked threads that devolved into that garbage

We had a conversation about the merits of using the word "trap", where an actual transgender person in this community was saying how she was offended, and everyone just mocked her for being mad.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
(like when @Dalekfodder got someone banned for the cockroach comment)

oh yeah you mean when I banned Havok over a reported racist "meme" and all of a sudden he went from community antagonist to free speech martyr?

just so the community could return to shitting on him when they got what they wanted, even if nobody was involved at all with the ban nor had anything to do with it?

over a reported, actually racist post, without the N-word?

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

deleting and locking threads + banning people for a few days/a week or two isnt the same as permabanning people