Information Steam Hijacking Virus - [Important]

Deadpool

A turtle made it to the water
Nebulae
It's eerie in a way

Your account gets hijacked, spreads the link to the site to your entire friendlist until one person is dumb enough to do whatever, then it spreads through that person's friendlist

Had a run in with someone who's account was obviously hijacked (@Soldato Joker to be exact)

Shit's horrible.
this has been a method for ages hell it's been a thing since people used skype as their main voip program

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
this has been a method for ages hell it's been a thing since people used skype as their main voip program
It's hard to think people still fall for it

But not everyone is as used to shit like this I suppose or are naive about the internet

Reactions: List

Deadpool

Nebulae
It's hard to think people still fall for it

But not everyone is as used to shit like this I suppose or are naive about the internet
people still fall for steam admins asking them their passwords

Deleted member 3713

My dick way too small to have y’all on it.
Nebulae
It's eerie in a way

Your account gets hijacked, spreads the link to the site to your entire friendlist until one person is dumb enough to do whatever, then it spreads through that person's friendlist

Had a run in with someone who's account was obviously hijacked (@Soldato Joker to be exact)

Shit's horrible.
did you get a link to spin-games by him aswell?

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
parents need to do a better job of teaching their kids the dangers of the internet

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
parents need to do a better job of teaching their kids the dangers of the internet
This implies current parents know much about the internet

A lot of them don't. I reckon that'll change in, what - 10, 20 or so years maybe? Who knows.

Depends on a lotta things

Uranio

Atom
Nebulae
I'm really fucking curious to click that link.
But I know that I will fuck up my steam friends list and most likely my entire computer.

WHAT'S BEHIND THE LINK, I WANT TO SEEEE - WHAT'S THE SECRET OF THOSE FREE GAMES!?!

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
But I know that I will fuck up my steam friends list and most likely my entire computer.

WHAT'S BEHIND THE LINK, I WANT TO SEEEE - WHAT'S THE SECRET OF THOSE FREE GAMES!?!
ask Joel to do a steam account destruction stream

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae

Curiosity killed the cat

Besides, it's obviously either some infected site or one of those 'input your steam details for x' sites (Which basically stores it, gives it to a bot who then logs into your account and does shit like transfer items to a diff account, spread the site to other users and other crap)

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
also apparently the link wont just take your info and stuff
its one of those login scams where you think its legit but you willingly input your information
phishing 101 like come on

Deadpool

Nebulae

just use a vm then

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Everyone should have the Steam authenticator btw, very important. No one can get into your account if you've got one set up.

Uranio

Atom
Nebulae
a bot who then logs into your account and does shit like transfer items to a diff account, spread the site to other users and other crap)
Fucking SKYNET is real

pogo-remixes-terminator-2-to-cre.jpg

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Everyone should have the Steam authenticator btw, very important. No one can get into your account if you've got one set up.
I'm sitting behind 9 proxies.........................................................................