Serious Suicide Prevention Help

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I thought it may be against the rules
Necroposting is against the rules if you bump an old/dead thread for no reason, with a shitpost or something that isn't relevant to the discussion or doesn't add anything

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Necroposting is against the rules if you bump an old/dead thread for no reason, with a shitpost or something that isn't relevant to the discussion or doesn't add anything
Oh, gotcha.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
hey @Blackquill since the topic of depression and self harm seems to be an active and prevelent topic in this community I don't suppose you could pin this thread?
That would be a good idea

Benjideaula

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Bumping this thread because it seems like a very good idea.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Bumping this again, would appreciate some people to send more Suicide Prevention Website Links here.

Reactions: List

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
A bump once again. It‘s a important subject after all.

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
I'm all for suicide prevention, and I'm in no way against this thread existing. However making this thread pinned would make it seem so out of place. I can imagine it wouldn't look good for a newcomer to browse the forums and one of the threads at the top of General is a suicide prevention thread. That's just my opinion on it though, you can do what you want with the thread. I still think it's a helpful thread.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
kinda unneeded to be pinned on neb. we all deal with it and we all hang about here chatting and shit but it's like

unnecessary?

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Little bump again

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae

Satirical

Electron
Nebulae
It's nice to know that people care.

The internet can be such a dark place at times, but posts like these are refreshing reminders that empathy still exists.

On another note, I understand that for many contacting hotlines can be difficult. You don't want the attention, you don't want to be sectioned and sent to a hospital, you don't want to be a "loony" or a "kook" or a "schizo" and you certainly don't want some stranger knowing what you're going through. But I can tell you one thing: it helps.

In my experiences both as a patient and working in and out of young adult clinics in my area, I can tell you that seeking help very rarely leaves you worse off than where you started. There is no shame in getting help. Even most psychologists, therapists, etc have their own systems and resources in place. We all carry baggage. We are all entitled to carry that baggage, and to once in a while be able to set it down, or to have the aid and empathy of others in doing so. There's no reason anyone should be dehumanized because of a struggle beyond their control.

Mental health is no joke. And certainly with the boom in the internet and social media we've seen things get worse. But there are always those among us -- and sometimes the most empathetic are the ones you least expected to be -- that are willing to extend help and to offer you a kind source of kinship, understanding, and optimism.

Thank you for this thread. I really mean it.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
If anyone feels the need to be guilt'ed/shamed out of suicide, feel free to consult me on Steam. It's been working wonders for me.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Due to very recent IRL events, I‘ve decided to once again put this thread out there