Information "Tabletop Central" - Tabletop Gaming Megathread

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I’ve toyed with the idea of running a dnd campaign where each player individually controls their own resistance cell or section of combine arms (hl2 setting OFCOURse)

The idea is rather simple, resistance do their best to destabilise while metro do what they can do control the area, occassionally pitting player against player

Anyone got any kind of interest to take part in it?
Twilight Two Thousand might fit more with a HL setting so I'd recommend giving it a look

twilight-2000-rpg-urban-operations-134836-1-p.jpg

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I’ve toyed with the idea of running a dnd campaign where each player individually controls their own resistance cell or section of combine arms (hl2 setting OFCOURse)

The idea is rather simple, resistance do their best to destabilise while metro do what they can do control the area, occassionally pitting player against player

Anyone got any kind of interest to take part in it?

ever heard of risk

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Twilight Two Thousand might fit more with a HL setting so I'd recommend giving it a look

twilight-2000-rpg-urban-operations-134836-1-p.jpg

Yeah I think this would be the primary system where players get a wedge of territory and a basic amount of supplies to start their cell witj

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Max I’ll fucking gut you I just want to have a fun narrative campaign where multiple players contribute large groups and shape the story
as an aside, GURPS or any generic unisystem TTRPG can be adapted for HL2
Ben Robin's Kingdom system works too
and Reign

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
GURPS would be my go-to. Its a little complex but it has books for absolutely fucking everything you can imagine, as a Unisystem.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
GURPS would be my go-to. Its a little complex but it has books for absolutely fucking everything you can imagine, as a Unisystem.

Yeah I simply want to make a pretty fun game people can drop in and out of and not have to attend every session to be incolved

sots

community bear
Nebulae
image.png

hey guys ive been playing my first consistent game of dnd for the past like 6 months as this stupid fucking gnome called bingles he's pretty fun, gloomstalker/rogue multiclass and it is very NICE

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
nah i play the tabletop

my most recent char actually was a Lasombra who was part of the Camarilla

don't get me wrong i play the tabletop too (it made me stop dnd), but the text novels are great content for the world

who did you kill to get in?

my most recent was a ravnos who ran a courier service for vamps and other super-naturals (the coterie geeked when one of my customers was a kinfolk), their family kept check of slumbering elders

i was listening to interviews from deathrow prisoners stuck in california (right now, they've all been halted but they remain on deathrow) and them talking about the isolation and how every day you're essentially already dead creates an effect of living in eternity, so now im gonna base my next lasombra of a priest who'd visit deathrow inmates who's a member of the cult of shalim

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
don't get me wrong i play the tabletop too (it made me stop dnd), but the text novels are great content for the world

who did you kill to get in?

my most recent was a ravnos who ran a courier service for vamps and other super-naturals (the coterie geeked when one of my customers was a kinfolk), their family kept check of slumbering elders

i was listening to interviews from deathrow prisoners stuck in california (right now, they've all been halted but they remain on deathrow) and them talking about the isolation and how every day you're essentially already dead creates an effect of living in eternity, so now im gonna base my next lasombra of a priest who'd visit deathrow inmates who's a member of the cult of shalim
@MaXenzie i feel like you need to share some of the crazy shit that occurred in Midsummer Stakes, and tell @Goopy about the coterie

Laura

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
text novels are great content for the world

I love those interactive novels.
My guilty pleasure.
The most recent and currently I think the favourite series is the Infinity Saga by Paul Wang
So, Sabres of Infinity Guns of Infinity And Lords of Infinity.
You basically play as a officer part of the Royal Dragoons, a cavalry unit, taking part of a war. And its a mix of line infantry with swords and shields and then musket guns. Its a really good universe. And the books are all around really engaging story.
I also read 'I, the Forgotten One'. Where you lead an army during a Civil War. But its super dark and deals with brutality of war and family trauma etc. But its well written and currently my favourite novel.

Though, only VTM one I've read is 'Out for Blood'. And I have 'Night Road' in my library unread.
I've also played through Coteries of New York.. though I don't think that wasn't really my taste.
I do want to get into VTM too tho.. but I just feel there is too many books to get to start. So I'm just finishing up my current collections.