Tar's Photos

Gimmie

QNZBGCVQXDQZOWP
Nebulae
I wish I was not heavily farsighted and have a crooked right eye that turns 12° to the left which basically ruins everything
unless I am to see exactly 5 metres distance, then I see crystal clear

Green-red here o/

But that aside, wonderful pictures. keep it up!
And farewell Boo.

go to an eyedoctor to get your astigmatism measured then get an eye test done, go to glasses place buy glasses with eye doctors receipt done

Tarannus

Some of the time takes pictures
Nebulae
Nearly four months since I last posted, and another loss in our family.
Sadie the "permakitten" - a 16 year-old tabby with dwarfism - passed away about 12 hours ago.

I remember the first time I saw her. It was 2006. My sister was working on her Masters in Geology at Oregon State University. She and her fiance had intended to adopt an older all black cat. However, by the time they committed, the cat of their dreams had found another family. Sadie reached out of her cage and gently pressed her nose against my soon to be brother-in-law. And that was that.

Sadie was every bit of a sadist when I first met her, and had a habit of patrolling at 3-5 in the morning and lunging for soft parts of the face. Her claws were extremely precise - hooking in just the right fold of the ear or the nostril for maximum effect. All the while she purred and purred to no end. It would be a year and a half before I saw her again.

It wouldn't be until the spring of 2008 that we would be reacquainted. She hadn't mellowed out quite yet, but she knew better than to completely wreck you in the middle of the night. We had a new weapon in our arsenal, and she soon learned that she couldn't escape the "kissy tickle machine", where she'd get a loving hug and lots of kisses on her forehead until she was sick of the sweetness. Within a year, she and I had an understanding. Any time I came over to housesit, I'd give her ample space and plenty of food - and she'd crawl into my lap whenever she felt bored.

This was also the time I started picking up a camera. At this point, she'd become so familiar with me that sticking the lens of a DSLR in her face was just another nuisance which was annoying, but ultimately harmless. She quickly became a muse, regardless of what camera I had.

Over the years, Sadie mellowed out quite a bit. She spent more time enjoying the couch and taking in the sun. When she was introduced to my parents' cats, she quickly asserted her dominance. Yet with people she became far more tolerant - especially my nephew as he learned how to take care and respect the boundaries of other creatures. She became a very patient teacher, even near the end.

zMOjnfL.jpg

bwHTmu6.jpg

GDMGvMB.jpg

aETPgaR.jpg

wDI4ez4.jpg

P0MsPLW.jpg

RFmdwaH.jpg

ejOrLXe.jpg

RcKzEZj.jpg

qX7a4gK.jpg

YU1tUyh.jpg

7ZcKUuC.jpg

FGpnPVg.jpg

eMoyM3M.jpg

5TUuI9l.jpg

brn8RbS.jpg

MCfogOF.jpg

1wn9PNV.jpg

wbkuCMp.jpg

TUiLFF1.jpg

HxwoyFO.jpg

cyTysAH.jpg

2ikHC8B.jpg

nzyy4Vr.jpg

dGG7Q3R.jpg

4Yh4kdV.jpg

Pt5CL5W.jpg

ZykV4cq.jpg

fwXYcwA.jpg

h5xckJO.jpg

3bqMwqq.jpg

yUlHXrk.jpg

ja7oHDC.jpg

ypJNUio.jpg

B5lXAK5.jpg

xGZn8cq.jpg

XadceHd.jpg

Q2JHmyI.jpg

2HUYkC5.jpg

LovT7rq.jpg

sq1NFvV.jpg

fG3LH0J.jpg

ID9pGjT.jpg

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Premium Member
Nebulae
Nearly four months since I last posted, and another loss in our family.
Sadie the "permakitten" - a 16 year-old tabby with dwarfism - passed away about 12 hours ago.

I remember the first time I saw her. It was 2006. My sister was working on her Masters in Geology at Oregon State University. She and her fiance had intended to adopt an older all black cat. However, by the time they committed, the cat of their dreams had found another family. Sadie reached out of her cage and gently pressed her nose against my soon to be brother-in-law. And that was that.

Sadie was every bit of a sadist when I first met her, and had a habit of patrolling at 3-5 in the morning and lunging for soft parts of the face. Her claws were extremely precise - hooking in just the right fold of the ear or the nostril for maximum effect. All the while she purred and purred to no end. It would be a year and a half before I saw her again.

It wouldn't be until the spring of 2008 that we would be reacquainted. She hadn't mellowed out quite yet, but she knew better than to completely wreck you in the middle of the night. We had a new weapon in our arsenal, and she soon learned that she couldn't escape the "kissy tickle machine", where she'd get a loving hug and lots of kisses on her forehead until she was sick of the sweetness. Within a year, she and I had an understanding. Any time I came over to housesit, I'd give her ample space and plenty of food - and she'd crawl into my lap whenever she felt bored.

This was also the time I started picking up a camera. At this point, she'd become so familiar with me that sticking the lens of a DSLR in her face was just another nuisance which was annoying, but ultimately harmless. She quickly became a muse, regardless of what camera I had.

Over the years, Sadie mellowed out quite a bit. She spent more time enjoying the couch and taking in the sun. When she was introduced to my parents' cats, she quickly asserted her dominance. Yet with people she became far more tolerant - especially my nephew as he learned how to take care and respect the boundaries of other creatures. She became a very patient teacher, even near the end.

zMOjnfL.jpg

bwHTmu6.jpg

GDMGvMB.jpg

aETPgaR.jpg

wDI4ez4.jpg

P0MsPLW.jpg

RFmdwaH.jpg

ejOrLXe.jpg

RcKzEZj.jpg

qX7a4gK.jpg

YU1tUyh.jpg

7ZcKUuC.jpg

FGpnPVg.jpg

eMoyM3M.jpg

5TUuI9l.jpg

brn8RbS.jpg

MCfogOF.jpg

1wn9PNV.jpg

wbkuCMp.jpg

TUiLFF1.jpg

HxwoyFO.jpg

cyTysAH.jpg

2ikHC8B.jpg

nzyy4Vr.jpg

dGG7Q3R.jpg

4Yh4kdV.jpg

Pt5CL5W.jpg

ZykV4cq.jpg

fwXYcwA.jpg

h5xckJO.jpg

3bqMwqq.jpg

yUlHXrk.jpg

ja7oHDC.jpg

ypJNUio.jpg

B5lXAK5.jpg

xGZn8cq.jpg

XadceHd.jpg

Q2JHmyI.jpg

2HUYkC5.jpg

LovT7rq.jpg

sq1NFvV.jpg

fG3LH0J.jpg

ID9pGjT.jpg

Poor thing, but well it lived a happy life and that's what matters :)

Reactions: List

Tarannus

Nebulae
It was warm. I had the windows open. Spring is finally coming to the foothills of the Jemez Mountains. And I had some motivation to break out the big cameras. I really have to get out and photograph more often than once every five months - but even the smallest amount of production is a good teaching tool.

0l8Z01d.jpg

Z79zoXH.jpg

qWSmwfq.jpg

56T0R6Q.jpg

dlfECLN.jpg

rY7d40i.jpg

IP5apuM.jpg

Tarannus

Nebulae
Early last week, I received a series of texts from my sister asking me if I'd be willing to tend to her house over the Memorial Day weekend. I said yes, but thought it was kind of curious that she'd ask me at all. Since Sadie's passing, there hasn't been a reason for me to actually housesit. Their other cat, the 95% feral Mister, has essentially adopted my parents as his house in all but name. That was, until I met their new house guest.

He's a rescue from Tennessee. Little guy must have had a rough childhood, because you can feel very distinct lumps of birdshot in his face. He doesn't have a name yet, but I'm sure he'll grow into one. He's slightly bigger than Sadie, about 80% the size of an average cat, but at one and a half years old he's full grown. He likes digging in the dirt of potted plants and sleeping on people's stomachs. Also has a thing for nibbling fingers.

lrLwlU6.jpg

CVvAOQa.jpg

WBoRetd.jpg

0kBw6Fw.jpg

SQ9PB80.jpg

DmrxIer.jpg

bUK4609.jpg

qjzyRPT.jpg

0oZU3HP.jpg

UtKN83u.jpg

wjP2gTl.jpg

7t5Zv7M.jpg

M42gucD.jpg

Tarannus

Nebulae
Hello everyone! It's been nearly three months, and... well... work's been in the way of me getting a chance to get out and take photos. However, I have dabbled a little bit over the past couple weeks - enjoy!

YnkJTI6.jpg

9HCNQAm.jpg

5laU400.jpg

5hSNC24.jpg

TIdYVlZ.jpg

cxiPuYS.jpg

W5iti0b.jpg

plar7fe.jpg

RIK7zUI.jpg

QwAkZ25.jpg

zcM8Cti.jpg

Vkw8kMI.jpg

ZLfGYR6.jpg

pHNoYtd.jpg

fpt8K1E.jpg

PegBuxQ.jpg

T7MC43a.jpg

u8MeUny.jpg

A3pqtgC.jpg

fETkhi8.jpg

BfUraFF.jpg

1PQKGKG.jpg

uFlJO3y.jpg

WkyO9lL.jpg

sCzFCii.jpg

tUwi4q7.jpg

YWzIjoj.jpg

wugThrn.jpg

k6XN3OS.jpg

Vd0jbfE.jpg

2Ytg8dy.jpg

Last edited:

Tarannus

Nebulae
Blows a healthy amount of dust and pine pollen off the thread. Good god it's been eleven months since I touched this.

An extended drought, COVID-19, and security restrictions have made it a bit difficult to get out and photograph. Unfortunately, there won't be any fireworks pictures this year. However, since @Blackquill tagged me on @bubblegum 's awesome work with film I consider it a chance to see what I can do. I've rummaged around in my files to pull out a couple items in reserve - however I'm really out of practice with pretty much everything - from framing to shot selection and processing.

All in due time I guess.

J7wxVeL.jpg

1X7hDza.jpg

PnkMmFx.jpg

ilw0VrT.jpg

hfcVKfi.jpg

6b3Bqbm.jpg

cUqV4wq.jpg

TE0HCWp.jpg

f9FFFc0.jpg

ymSJjiJ.jpg

A2exqnx.jpg

GzK0GoS.jpg

gjhCpjT.jpg

8RnxFpQ.jpg

8KyAAvp.jpg

xMhKVcE.jpg

KJz9E2P.jpg

pHLtNi1.jpg

bbqCxJ7.jpg

w64I0xf.jpg

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
Blows a healthy amount of dust and pine pollen off the thread. Good god it's been eleven months since I touched this.

An extended drought, COVID-19, and security restrictions have made it a bit difficult to get out and photograph. Unfortunately, there won't be any fireworks pictures this year. However, since @Blackquill tagged me on @bubblegum 's awesome work with film I consider it a chance to see what I can do. I've rummaged around in my files to pull out a couple items in reserve - however I'm really out of practice with pretty much everything - from framing to shot selection and processing.

All in due time I guess.

J7wxVeL.jpg

1X7hDza.jpg

PnkMmFx.jpg

ilw0VrT.jpg

hfcVKfi.jpg

6b3Bqbm.jpg

cUqV4wq.jpg

TE0HCWp.jpg

f9FFFc0.jpg

ymSJjiJ.jpg

A2exqnx.jpg

GzK0GoS.jpg

gjhCpjT.jpg

8RnxFpQ.jpg

8KyAAvp.jpg

xMhKVcE.jpg

KJz9E2P.jpg

pHLtNi1.jpg

bbqCxJ7.jpg

w64I0xf.jpg
Did you enjoy your stay in Vienna?

Tarannus

Nebulae
Did you enjoy your stay in Vienna?

My only complaint was that it was all too short. Between recuperating from jet lag and a quick work-related meeting at the International Center, I only had enough time to do a little walking and visit the MAK because it was a few blocks from my hotel. However, for anyone interested in modernist design, I highly recommend going because it's awesome.

I'll parse through the photos of the next phase of my trip soon. I was invited to meet with the staff of Bletchley Park and my counterparts at the Atomic Weapons Establishment. All in all it was a very entertaining, but very densely packed, trip.

I had planned to return this Autumn when my sister would be in the city for the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organization. Unfortunately, due to a substantial portion of the United States conflating selfishness with liberty concerning a deadly serious virus, it doesn't look all that feasible now.

Tarannus

Nebulae

Well! Didn't expect that I'd hang up my camera for three years - but that's what happens when work, pandemic, and a hell of a sea-change in life circumstances all roll into one.

However, things have swung back over the past few weeks. Due to difficulties in hiring photographers, my team just recently bought an absurdly expensive camera platform (they had suggested getting a medium-format monster, like a Leica or a Hasselblad, but I managed to talk them off that ledge). After we got the thing, there was a bit of an issue... Most people in the office can take cell phone pictures, but apparently I'm the only one with any sort of background in photography. So, last Thursday, I was able to test drive an absolute monster of a camera, and a plethora of lenses the team has had in storage for decades, but seldom had the time or the energy to experiment with.

It's the first time since 2017 that I'd been able to take pictures at work. And have I ever missed it.

It inspired me to pull my stuff out of storage and experiment over the weekend.

I'm way out of practice, but damn it was fun to be behind the lens.

0PMuqXW.jpg

6Nr7G47.jpg

ex38Vrn.jpg

6oe2YCm.jpg

C9cDgoa.jpg

vo35bjc.jpg

BbxiBtP.jpg

EdsdGHl.jpg

Exaag9A.jpg

wzjgig7.jpg

T0e2C5g.jpg

z0iOXck.jpg

M2krydS.jpg

JQyBXRb.jpg

TsJMANh.jpg

uvcYqKR.jpg

mTNiIbz.jpg

LRjvOlY.jpg

FeN1Y1m.jpg

hhuuR0f.jpg

GcOShfN.jpg

NPYMvaB.jpg

zcaR2d4.jpg

vVLp7md.jpg

95YgvgD.jpg

0i2KPrl.jpg

hs0xvDn.jpg

eKM94Vj.jpg

6gKdezf.jpg

oV8HHD2.jpg

mb7QCnQ.jpg

ICn1ghn.jpg

RlyCFTA.jpg

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
What would you say your favourite camera (if you can pick one) has been over the years?

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
i vividly recall coming to you like over 2 years ago n asking photography questions cus i randomly had a 'damn maybe i should be photographer' brain fart

2 years down the line im pursuing it as an actual career and am half way through a diploma course

thank you for your help back then tarannus