Terrible FPs, often screen freezes

• Thread starter Deleted member 1392
  • Start date

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
That's your ram. I'm talking something like this

Not necessarily as chunky, but something really sticking out, connected to the back of the pc inside.

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1392

Not necessarily as chunky, but something really sticking out, connected to the back of the pc inside.

I couldn't find it weirdly enough. I'll continue looking.
[doublepost=1586032052][/doublepost]

It's the first image, the dual red cards. I've read it now, it says dual graphic cards

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
OK - I need to know what it's called specifically as the ones you've put in the photo is RAM.

Again, Go to the display and take a photo of that display window in DXDIAG
[doublepost=1586032464][/doublepost]Just realised you uploaded an album - Its clear you dont have a graphics card

What this means, is that the CPU is running both the CPU element and the display element of the game which makes it easier and harder to figure out whats going on.

What i want you to do is the following

download Core temp. This will give you accurate readings as to what your CPU temperature is. For future, the CPU is the chip housed underneath the big block in the middle, which is your heatsink and fan.

Next, open task manager and go into performance. You're going to want to look at the graph labeled "CPU".

Keep these open, and play the game. Make sure you encounter the issues you had before.

Come back to me with A) the CPU Temperatures DURING play, and AFTER play when the PC is idle
B) The % of your CPU DURING and AFTER play. After play it should sit at 5-20%.

Let me know how it goes.

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I couldn't find it weirdly enough. I'll continue looking.
[doublepost=1586032052][/doublepost]
It's the first image, the dual red cards. I've read it now, it says dual graphic cards
dingus you don't have a graphics card installed

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
dingus you don't have a graphics card installed

Source games im not suprised he can run but im suprised he can run payday well, we'll see. His case is Mini atx and doesn't even look like it can hold a graphic card with the size of the cooler so idk

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Source games im not suprised he can run but im suprised he can run payday well, we'll see. His case is Mini atx and doesn't even look like it can hold a graphic card with the size of the cooler so idk
modern integrated graphics can run payday fine but big gmod servers suck without a dedicated card

D

Deleted member 1392

OK - I need to know what it's called specifically as the ones you've put in the photo is RAM.

Again, Go to the display and take a photo of that display window in DXDIAG
[doublepost=1586032464][/doublepost]Just realised you uploaded an album - Its clear you dont have a graphics card

What this means, is that the CPU is running both the CPU element and the display element of the game which makes it easier and harder to figure out whats going on.

What i want you to do is the following

download Core temp. This will give you accurate readings as to what your CPU temperature is. For future, the CPU is the chip housed underneath the big block in the middle, which is your heatsink and fan.

Next, open task manager and go into performance. You're going to want to look at the graph labeled "CPU".

Keep these open, and play the game. Make sure you encounter the issues you had before.

Come back to me with A) the CPU Temperatures DURING play, and AFTER play when the PC is idle
B) The % of your CPU DURING and AFTER play. After play it should sit at 5-20%.

Let me know how it goes.
c3ggD8S.png

drT16y5.png

M0uZqZU.png

[doublepost=1586033019][/doublepost]
take a top down pic of your open case
I took a picture of everything I could see.

D

Deleted member 1392

ok well your friend never installed a graphics card you should probably do that
In what way will it help? What's the function of one? Because I dont want to throw in money and then waste it up. I've already had to give up all of my cash to someone thanks to covid

Thanks for the help, by the way.

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
In what way will it help? What's the function of one? Because I dont want to throw in money and then waste it up. I've already had to give up all of my cash to someone thanks to covid

Thanks for the help, by tbe way.
in laymens terms:
graphics card make game look good and run fast
instead of relying on the cpu to handle graphics via an integrated chip, a gpu will handle all graphical processes. gpus can inherently handle graphics better and faster than the cpu can due to the way they process information etc etc

D

Deleted member 1392

in laymens terms:
graphics card make game look good and run fast
instead of relying on the cpu to handle graphics via an integrated chip, a gpu will handle all graphical processes. gpus can inherently handle graphics better and faster than the cpu can due to the way they process information etc etc
Someone made a shopping list for me. Do you think its a good set up?
gziGF1L_d.jpg