Terrible FPs, often screen freezes

• Thread starter Deleted member 1392
  • Start date

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I can help you build one, give me a budget

The performance of your CPU indicates that somethings wrong here - there are no temperature pictures so i can't see if temperature is throttling you.

Next time i would advise against buying someones poorly made PC, this evidently isn't a gaming PC and it looks like he sold you an old office/school pc.

If you want an ACTUAL PC dedicated to exactly what you want to do, give me the following

a) your budget
b) your most played games
c) tell me if there are modern titles you would like to play when they come out - eg cyberpunk
d) tell me if you have any other requirements. High resolution? Framerate? etc.

I'll draw you up a build. Make sure to let me know the currency and not just the amount

Last edited:
Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1392

Someone made a shopping list for me. Do you think its a good set up?
gziGF1L_d.jpg
I already have a shopping list @Nova_

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Just do as
I already have a shopping list @Nova_

Who gave you this list? Great CPU but pants graphics card. 4x4 of 2400 ddr4? You are wasting money on those thing. I've made 5 PC's and know a lot about it, i cant help you if you cant help me

D

Deleted member 1392

a) your budget
b) your most played games
c) tell me if there are modern titles you would like to play when they come out - eg cyberpunk
d) tell me if you have any other requirements. High resolution? Framerate? etc.
Budget is small since Im a student without a job, so far, and I dont like asking money to my parents. (As in "Buy me this")

Most played games are really Garry's Mod and TF2 but I also would like to get back into Payday 2 and all of that.

Not really.

I just want it to run a bit better and smoother, to be fair.

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Okay - Do you want to keep the case? What power supply do you have? if i dont know these im going to have to do a build from scratch

D

Deleted member 1392

Okay - Do you want to keep the case? What power supply do you have? if i dont know these im going to have to do a build from scratch
The case is fine and the power supply I THINK I took a photo of.
[doublepost=1586088679][/doublepost]ATX POWER SUPPLY 500W

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Let me explain the build.

Firstly, if you would have gone with your friends list, you wouldn't have been able to use the machine. The motherboard you have is not compatible with the CPU. Please make sure you go to someone who knows a thing or two about PC's before spending hundreds of euros.

The CPU is the 2600. This will last you atleast 5 years playing modern games, let alone the games you play. If you are a student and end up doing video work, this CPU will make it much easier. Ryzen chips also come with their own air cooler.

The Graphics card should always be about a third to a half of the pc's value. It's what does the legwork. The CPU does all the thinking, but the GPU is the eyes of the PC, in a sense. The 1660super will run any modern game you push at it, and is by far the best value card you can get for your money right now.

You can keep your current hard drive. The M.2 SSD is a different form of solid state drive. If you only run those games you listed, run them on an SSD. You will have a much smoother experience, and your load times will be a quarter of what they were.

The ram is 3000mhz ddr4, not as fast as it could be but its way better than 2400, which i didn't even know existed for DDR4. The reason you only buy 2 sticks, is because further on down the line you might want to add more (which i highly doubt you will, but its there.) The benefits of dual channel don't stack up the way your friend probably thinks they do.

The price is a little more than what you gave, but it would be absolutely worth it. This is just a very brief build.

Would i personally buy this? No. If you can get even 200-300 more, you could get something REALLY worth buying that doesn't constrain you so much. If you can scrounge the money, sell what you have or get a summer job in a supermarket, it would make massive difference. If gaming is your main hobby, don't skimp on it.
[doublepost=1586090514][/doublepost]Also i need to point it out that prices for PC parts are inflated right now due to no stock, coronavirus is a bitch. IT might be worth looking at Facebook market, craigslist, or whatever local selling website you have and taking a look. Lots of fantastic deals there.

D

Deleted member 1392

Firstly, if you would have gone with your friends list, you wouldn't have been able to use the machine. The motherboard you have is not compatible with the CPU. Please make sure you go to someone who knows a thing or two about PC's before spending hundreds of euros.

The CPU is the 2600. This will last you atleast 5 years playing modern games, let alone the games you play. If you are a student and end up doing video work, this CPU will make it much easier. Ryzen chips also come with their own air cooler.

The Graphics card should always be about a third to a half of the pc's value. It's what does the legwork. The CPU does all the thinking, but the GPU is the eyes of the PC, in a sense. The 1660super will run any modern game you push at it, and is by far the best value card you can get for your money right now.

You can keep your current hard drive. The M.2 SSD is a different form of solid state drive. If you only run those games you listed, run them on an SSD. You will have a much smoother experience, and your load times will be a quarter of what they were.

The ram is 3000mhz ddr4, not as fast as it could be but its way better than 2400, which i didn't even know existed for DDR4. The reason you only buy 2 sticks, is because further on down the line you might want to add more (which i highly doubt you will, but its there.) The benefits of dual channel don't stack up the way your friend probably thinks they do.

The price is a little more than what you gave, but it would be absolutely worth it. This is just a very brief build.

Would i personally buy this? No. If you can get even 200-300 more, you could get something REALLY worth buying that doesn't constrain you so much. If you can scrounge the money, sell what you have or get a summer job in a supermarket, it would make massive difference. If gaming is your main hobby, don't skimp on it.
[doublepost=1586090514][/doublepost]Also i need to point it out that prices for PC parts are inflated right now due to no stock, coronavirus is a bitch. IT might be worth looking at Facebook market, craigslist, or whatever local selling website you have and taking a look. Lots of fantastic deals there.

I'll try to get a job myself and see if I can gather up cash on the way from my parents too. If you could tell me the 200-300€+ build, that would be nice.

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Sure thing. It wouldn't be a whole lot different, but it would have a slightly better mobo, the CPU would be the 2600x and not just 2600 (auto overclocking and higher tdp) and i personally would move some components to have a little RGB so you can be proud of your build.

Secondary priorities would be a new power supply as they only usually last 8-10 years, and a new large hard drive.

D

Deleted member 1392

Sure thing. It wouldn't be a whole lot different, but it would have a slightly better mobo, the CPU would be the 2600x and not just 2600 (auto overclocking and higher tdp) and i personally would move some components to have a little RGB so you can be proud of your build.

Secondary priorities would be a new power supply as they only usually last 8-10 years, and a new large hard drive.
Im actually pretty fine with my space. I have 160GB left to use. It may not seem much, but I barely play any games.

spalius

Nucleus
Nebulae

I'd say the RX580 is also worth it now, if you don't mind the power usage. It costs like 200 euros for the 4gb version, and at the moment no games require 8gb of vram anyways.

As for the ram, I'd suggest Crucial instead of Corsair, as they tend to be cheaper while being pretty much the same but rgb-less.

I'm not sure if EVGA is a good manufacturer for nvidia, as I don't use nvidia gpu's anymore, but in the past Zotac has served me very well and my gtx 1050 ti ran at 50*C on heavy load, and that graphic's card is also some sort of backup for me, if mine dies now. It works just as well as the day I bought it.

Now, regarding visual quality AMD has satisfied me more than nvidia. With Nvidia, the general visual quality appeared to be worse than with AMD, but if really want nvidia, you can go for it.

And I would think about choosing the ryzen 5 1600 instead of the 2600. 2600 is slightly faster but it depends if 30 euros is worth it for the slightly faster speed.

I think you can save some money by buying AMD and Crucial instead of Nvidia and Corsair, but it's just my opinion.
Im actually pretty fine with my space. I have 160GB left to use. It may not seem much, but I barely play any games.
If you want a new monitor as well, check out LG. They make insanely good monitors for dirt cheap with things that usually cost hundreds (like ultrawide), however they support freesync and not gsync, which might be a problem if you want nvidia.
I bought my ultrawide monitor from LG for 120 euros. It's a steal, really.

And regarding the specs, you can wait a bit for when amd releases their new stuff, too.

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'd say the RX580 is also worth it now, if you don't mind the power usage. It costs like 200 euros for the 4gb version, and at the moment no games require 8gb of vram anyways.

As for the ram, I'd suggest Crucial instead of Corsair, as they tend to be cheaper while being pretty much the same but rgb-less.

I'm not sure if EVGA is a good manufacturer for nvidia, as I don't use nvidia gpu's anymore, but in the past Zotac has served me very well and my gtx 1050 ti ran at 50*C on heavy load, and that graphic's card is also some sort of backup for me, if mine dies now. It works just as well as the day I bought it.

Now, regarding visual quality AMD has satisfied me more than nvidia. With Nvidia, the general visual quality appeared to be worse than with AMD, but if really want nvidia, you can go for it.

And I would think about choosing the ryzen 5 1600 instead of the 2600. 2600 is slightly faster but it depends if 30 euros is worth it for the slightly faster speed.

I think you can save some money by buying AMD and Crucial instead of Nvidia and Corsair, but it's just my opinion.

If you want a new monitor as well, check out LG. They make insanely good monitors for dirt cheap with things that usually cost hundreds (like ultrawide), however they support freesync and not gsync, which might be a problem if you want nvidia.
I bought my ultrawide monitor from LG for 120 euros. It's a steal, really.

And regarding the specs, you can wait a bit for when amd releases their new stuff, too.

Gotta disagree with a lot of stuff here.

Nvidia are the king of graphics cards. There isn't any competition between them and AMD when it comes to technology, consistency and drivers. Amd drivers especially in this year's cards are so bad people are refunding them the moment they get them.

EVGA cards are okay, people usually buy them because they are a middle price point brand and have the best refund and RMA policy. Zotac isnt great. It's not as bad as pallit, but they aren't great. The brand's that should be priorities are founders edition cards, gigabyte, most Asus Rog and some regular Asus, and nearly every MSI card.

Lots of games are really starting to use more than 4gb of vram, and as games like cyberpunk and star starcitizen and tarkov come out they will churn graphics memory especially when dealing with 2k and 4k textures. Its not necessary in his situation though, it seems like he is uninterested in newer titles.

I do agree with the 1600 however the 2600 does have better single clock and for a very insignificant price increase he will have last generations CPU instead of 2 generations ago. The 1600 Will however be a little harder to find right now due to peroni virus.

Doesn't really matter what brand he goes when it comes to ram, because it's all preference as long as specs are there. I personally prefer RGB, it's not even that much more expensive most of the time.

I am really confused as to why you think amd provide a much better image quality than Nvidia, so much so that I'd say it's near misinformation. Happy to accept I'm wrong if I find evidence of this tho so I'll do some research of my own. I would still stay far away from current graphics cards from AMD. The best value GPU is still the 1660 or 1660 ti/super ( same thing really )