Information TF2 Competitive Team

slick

give this guy his adm*n back
Nebulae
Hi, I'm recruiting for a team in TF2 Competitive Team, if you are interested add me on Steam.

hy0n

Aesthetics
Nebulae
I'm talking about the new official competitive that was added in TF2 by Valve.

Oh, they added that now? I used to play when UGC was all they had. Used to play 6s and Highlander like a madman.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Would do competitive if I had a fucking phone.

We could just do Highlander.

slick

give this guy his adm*n back
Nebulae
Would do competitive if I had a fucking phone.

We could just do Highlander.
Kind of only really into the official one, as it isn't on a schedule, also I think that kind of stuff is done for?

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Kind of only really into the official one, as it isn't on a schedule, also I think that kind of stuff is done for?

Community servers don't die.

Communities do, but server browser will live on.

And Valve will add quick play and pubs back, I think they said.

hy0n

Aesthetics
Nebulae
honestly the fact that such a pay-for-items game is being played competitively horrifies me.
You can usually get weapons for 1:1 on some sites. I think scrap.TF is one of them so weapons aren't really an issue.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
The competitive sucks major donkey dick.

Literally the community made competitive is 100x better than the competitive.

And competitive has been in development for YEARS by a PROFESSIONAL TEAM of DEVELOPERS.

Community competitive, aka TF2Center and places like it, were all MADE BY THE COMMUNITY. None of them got payed at the start to make it and now they might make money off add revenue / different channels but still most of it at the start was all made due to the love and care of the players aka community.

And they still made a better fucking competitive than Valve did.

/rant

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
honestly the fact that such a pay-for-items game is being played competitively horrifies me.
could you possibly be any more clueless?

I mean, you showed that in the discussion for military police in WW3RP, but I didn't think your ignorance stretched to other subjects.

Reactions: List

REDACTED

Proton
Nebulae
could you possibly be any more clueless?

I mean, you showed that in the discussion for military police in WW3RP, but I didn't think your ignorance stretched to other subjects.
the decision to make him faction leader proved worth while

also complaining about pay-for-items when its been like that for years
you can earn them via trade, achievements or whatever else

its not mandatory that you buy

Last edited:

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
I wouldn't make a team for competitive matchmaking itself. Use that as a quick game finder.

Make a team for leagues like UGC, ETF2L, OzFortress, AsiaFortress.

Pay for weapons or wait long enough to get them all so by the time you achieve them through either means, you may become well interested in the game, maybe enough so that you will delve into the competitive side of the game and enjoy it.

You don't have to pay for weapons in TF2. You can get them all through both achievement and actually playing the game. If you invest money or invest time, you're likely to be more interested in the competitive side or at least TF2 itself, and you're likely to play it more.

EDIT: I don't like comparing TF2 to Overwatch mainly because it's a saturated topic and they have very big differences, but Overwatch is also a 'pay-for-items' game that is played competitively. You can pay for loot crates so you get items, or you can level up and get the items that way. Hardly a difference.

Reactions: List

Mendel

Aboriginal Indigenous American
Nebulae
I wouldn't make a team for competitive matchmaking itself. Use that as a quick game finder.

Make a team for leagues like UGC, ETF2L, OzFortress, AsiaFortress.

Pay for weapons or wait long enough to get them all so by the time you achieve them through either means, you may become well interested in the game, maybe enough so that you will delve into the competitive side of the game and enjoy it.

You don't have to pay for weapons in TF2. You can get them all through both achievement and actually playing the game. If you invest money or invest time, you're likely to be more interested in the competitive side or at least TF2 itself, and you're likely to play it more.

EDIT: I don't like comparing TF2 to Overwatch mainly because it's a saturated topic and they have very big differences, but Overwatch is also a 'pay-for-items' game that is played competitively. You can pay for loot crates so you get items, or you can level up and get the items that way. Hardly a difference.
i think he meant that it's more than just "pay for" cosmetics, and actually modifies the gun

but i see the appeal, tf2 isnt my thing tho

Xyz

afk
Nebulae
If you're looking for a medic then I'm really good at it

Although I'm not that active on it, don't hesitate to ask