Serious TF2 & CSGO Source Code Leaked

D

Deleted member 1381

But yeah keep away from CS:GO and TF2.
fetchimage

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Both those games could've been upgraded to Source 2 by now which would've migitated a lot of the issues
Tf2 wont be updated to source 2 mainly because of the way a lot of the physics work, rocketjumping/stickyjumping wouldn’t work, at least thats what they said

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Tf2 wont be updated to source 2 mainly because of the way a lot of the physics work, rocketjumping/stickyjumping wouldn’t work, at least thats what they said
that's some pure bullshit they've been spewing lol

Dalekfodder

Proton
Nebulae
lol the code for the engine GMod uses was leaked literally 10+ years ago because it uses Source 2007
[doublepost=1587579743][/doublepost]@MaXenzie you can literally find most of it on github :laughing:
[doublepost=1587579813][/doublepost]it's also worth remembering that although the code being leaked makes it easier to find exploits, the vulnerable code was always there

thank god someone said it...

All these doomers thinking that a source code leak is the end of the world, don't worry you are fine. Nothing will harm you.

You are being baited into the only trap of proprietary software developers, they want you to think that sources being open is a threat but it's a well known fact that open-source software is safer than closed source in many ways.

This will only speed up the fixes of the exploits.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Also, Valve could've done what Epic has done for 6+ years and open sourced the Source engine so anyone could've improved/fixed things if they actually gave a shit about the games they put out or the community around them; it's worked incredibly well for UE4 and Valve have all but abandoned Source anyway.

Reactions: List

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Also, Valve could've done what Epic has done for 6+ years and open sourced the Source engine so anyone could've improved/fixed things if they actually gave a shit about the games they put out or the community around them; it's worked incredibly well for UE4 and Valve have all but abandoned Source anyway.
yeah but

shopping cart.

your argument is now invalid.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

bu-b-but but but anti-consumer hostageware!!! epic bad!!!

Mist

Proton
Nebulae
The guy in that video just told us to watch out for cheaters and hackers? How the fuck does that have anything to do with a source leak. Fair if malicious code can be injected, but if he is talking about cheaters and hackers in-game he got me fucked up:new_moon_with_face:

Exogen

Neutrino
B A N N E D
Nebulae
You fools actually falling for the biggest shitpost. There is no 'Remote Code Execution' most of the vidoes posted are there to provoke chaos and relying on people having almost zero knowledge about the game. There was a video of a 'TF2 BOT' joining a local server and began to 'patch kernel' which shouldn't be possible. The day people start patching the kernel from a process that's not even elevated we will have more things to worry about than a "rce" in tf2.

Saw people posting this previously and saying 'TF2 is fucked'

I do realise there could be a risk regarding you downloading stuff but most of the game were already reversed previously, seeing how there's people creating software for the game for how many years now.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
have we really got gotted

from a fucking

shitpost

metropaun

hass ist keine emotion sondern ein zustand
Nebulae
giC5ZfE.png

Checkmate.

i dont wanna buy a burned dead forest biome for 175 money
i want to add games to my shopping cart in the epic games launcher
(which doesnt have a shopping cart)

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
You fools actually falling for the biggest shitpost. There is no 'Remote Code Execution' most of the vidoes posted are there to provoke chaos and relying on people having almost zero knowledge about the game. There was a video of a 'TF2 BOT' joining a local server and began to 'patch kernel' which shouldn't be possible. The day people start patching the kernel from a process that's not even elevated we will have more things to worry about than a "rce" in tf2.

Saw people posting this previously and saying 'TF2 is fucked'
Honestly if they make any changes to windows kernel it'll probably be an improvement over the dogshit state it's been in for years anyway.

In all seriousness, this dude knows what's up.
[doublepost=1587596198][/doublepost]
i dont wanna buy a burned dead forest biome for 175 money
i want to add games to my shopping cart in the epic games launcher
(which doesnt have a shopping cart)
Okay my post was clearly a joke because the UE marketplace has one but either way a shopping cart isn't a necessary function for a game store where most buy a game 1 at a time.
[doublepost=1587596386][/doublepost]
have we really got gotted

from a fucking

shitpost
Not entirely. There's reason to be cautious because the code for TF2 and CSGO weren't previously public so vulnerabilities took much more effort to find but that doesn't mean Source games are magically infected with a super virus that'll set your house on fire.

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
TF2 wont be updated to Source 2 because it isnt financially justifiable enough for Valve to do it and thats the only reason
if we're lucky, we might even get a 64 bit update but even that i doubt as Valve are busy pouring their resources in CSGO and Gabe's RPG wank fantasy and are probably actively discouraged from doing anything TF2 related because they probably wont even make back enough money to justify the effort
atleast with the Source code leak (kill me) making a "modern" TF2 community version with community updates might be a bit easier considering Valve have all but abandoned the game outside of bug fixes and localization