In Progress the alyx weapons but good

Brandon_

Now in a relationship with Sectus
Nebulae
easily done, I've already got a plugin for that but integrating it is another question

Needs his own classification slotted into the OTA Faction for it to work that shares the same equipment permissions as P2

Grunt>Phase 2, Suppressor>Ordinal> Elite. Don't know how easy that is to do however, probably a lot harder than it sounds.

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Needs his own classification slotted into the OTA Faction for it to work that shares the same equipment permissions as P2

Grunt>Phase 2, Suppressor>Ordinal> Elite. Don't know how easy that is to do however, probably a lot harder than it sounds.
Classes are the easiest way to do it, in fact thats kinda how it's already done with a check for the # in the character's name for what Phase they are, or a check for 'ORD' etc., this is how models and voiceline sets etc. are automatically done for you

For Suppressors, Chargers if we wanted those too? Can run a check on the model that takes priority over the others, the only change that would be needed on-server would be ticking a box in the vendor edit menu.

I might get working on this if I find the time and get certain things resolved with management regarding its integration.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
as some may be aware we've recently acquired a new weapon pack that intended to add some more alyx-themed weapons to the server for scombine players and sfm short enjoyers alike, unfortunately, they were copy-paste coded and weren't all that good so over the last few days i've fucked around with them to make them a little bit better, detailed below

starting with the pulse shotgun, the wallhammer blaster, etc whatever you wanna call it

while the stats aren't final this is intended more for the vibe of the weapons in general, there's some really cool mechanics that are gonna be introduced soon that will hopefully make combine players more comfortable actually using these things without panicking about them falling into rebel player hands while also not cucking the rebel playerbase completely either

you'd siphon off parts of your soul and edit your genes to wield a cool dropped OCIPR, right?

ubv4l0.png
it's sexy but it doesn't sound meaty enough

it needs to sound like the one in this, i will not fear the synth keyboard shotgun blast, but i will fear the raw hunk of pulse energy powered shrapnel sound of the one in parrygod's vid.

Nebulae
yea i can change the sounds whenever lol
i know i don't even play the server anymore but i was fearful that some new rebel fighter would come face to face with a wallhammer shotgun that didn't sound like a hyper-industrial alien hellscape in the form of a round of buckshot and it made me upset.

Brandon_

Nebulae
@Pyromancer
Don't know where else to put this but its weapon feedback so eh
The weird pre-burst fire bug is still there along with the annoying instant charge-up before the gun actually begins firing along with no tracers

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
@Pyromancer
Don't know where else to put this but its weapon feedback so eh
The weird pre-burst fire bug is still there along with the annoying instant charge-up before the gun actually begins firing along with no tracers
the firing issues don't happen in singleplayer and on my end, seems to be a problem with helicks

also lol crosshair is still enabled woops will fix that @Gary

as for the tracers being missing, try uninstalling the alyx weapons and instead install this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2978797462

this is supposed to be in the content but isn't atm, it's the same content as the alyx weapon pack but it might refresh it because gmod workshop is terrible at downloading particles and having them work for whatever reason, it's why the rpg particles don't work for like half the playerbase for no reason

if push comes to shove, decompile the addon above and place it in your garrysmod/garrysmod/addons folder like so
oqmgik.png

this will force gmod to load the addon as a legacy addon and therefore you bypass the workshop's autism and it should hopefully actually work

this also works with this addon https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2209334720 and will fix the lack of ar2 muzzleflash + rpg particles if you're missing them also

Brandon_

Nebulae
the firing issues don't happen in singleplayer and on my end, seems to be a problem with helicks

also lol crosshair is still enabled woops will fix that @Gary

as for the tracers being missing, try uninstalling the alyx weapons and instead install this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2978797462

this is supposed to be in the content but isn't atm, it's the same content as the alyx weapon pack but it might refresh it because gmod workshop is terrible at downloading particles and having them work for whatever reason, it's why the rpg particles don't work for like half the playerbase for no reason

if push comes to shove, decompile the addon above and place it in your garrysmod/garrysmod/addons folder like so
oqmgik.png

this will force gmod to load the addon as a legacy addon and therefore you bypass the workshop's autism and it should hopefully actually work

this also works with this addon https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2209334720 and will fix the lack of ar2 muzzleflash + rpg particles if you're missing them also
Unfortunately, the decompile way did not work either,

BUEfRSY.png

AmkQmYr.png

Ron

Developer
Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
Some feedback I gathered from usage up to this point on the various guns

Pulse LMG:
Tracers are broke and the firing spin-up is still bugged, but the rest of the gun feels balanced. Maybe a bit too slow when moving.

Pulse Carbine:
The firerate being as low as it is makes it very hard to use in low tick-rate situations, but outside of that the gun feels OK to use. I would suggest lowering the damage slightly and upping the rounds per minute to compensate but keep the total damage output the same since it does feel balanced.

Pulse SMG:
Feels good except the muzzle flash is a bit annoying to some people since I've heard it covers your view quite a bit.

Pulse shotgun:
Pretty underwhelming on all fronts. I would suggest tightening the spread slightly to make it more viable at a slightly longer range. But, all shotguns right now are pretty underwhelming unfortunately.

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
Some feedback I gathered from usage up to this point on the various guns

Pulse LMG:
Tracers are broke and the firing spin-up is still bugged, but the rest of the gun feels balanced. Maybe a bit too slow when moving.

Pulse Carbine:
The firerate being as low as it is makes it very hard to use in low tick-rate situations, but outside of that the gun feels OK to use. I would suggest lowering the damage slightly and upping the rounds per minute to compensate but keep the total damage output the same since it does feel balanced.

Pulse SMG:
Feels good except the muzzle flash is a bit annoying to some people since I've heard it covers your view quite a bit.

Pulse shotgun:
Pretty underwhelming on all fronts. I would suggest tightening the spread slightly to make it more viable at a slightly longer range. But, all shotguns right now are pretty underwhelming unfortunately.
I can only really speak on the carbine, but yeah, it’s in sort of a rough spot at the moment. Minding that its supposed to be the (overall) functional equivalent of the FAL/AK ‘tier’ of weapons, the bizarre discrepancy in its overall damage output in practice makes it sort of a no-sell.

If it’s gonna have a slower, thumpier ROF, the damage needs to be nudged up a hair. If it’s gonna do less per shot, then the firerate needs upped considerably.