the boys

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I lol'd when Homelander got laser'd by Butcher and he staggers up with a soft bewildered "what the fuck".

Genuinely wonder how they're gonna have things end, given its nothing like the direction the comics went in.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
late watcher here

something about the russian song triggering soldier boy's trauma hits me in such a visceral place

same with hughie realizing he wants to wear pants in his relationship (with a supe ability that makes him literally lose them, lol)

a train death was just a long time coming

MM has to be one of the only black characters i have ever witnessed who was able to portray the race politics of america ("why do you white people get to go berserk but i can't" etc.) without coming across as forced, excessive or ideologically motivated from the writers' pov. i guess the last episode did this to some extent too but i love the fact this stuff is done tastefully and has absolutely never spoiled the show's quality

there's so many things to say about this episode, a lot of it has been said here already, and a lot more remains to be said. its just so overwhelming in the best way, they really didn't waste a single scene on this

cant wait for the next one

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
late watcher here

something about the russian song triggering soldier boy's trauma hits me in such a visceral place

same with hughie realizing he wants to wear pants in his relationship (with a supe ability that makes him literally lose them, lol)

a train death was just a long time coming

MM has to be one of the only black characters i have ever witnessed who was able to portray the race politics of america ("why do you white people get to go berserk but i can't" etc.) without coming across as forced, excessive or ideologically motivated from the writers' pov. i guess the last episode did this to some extent too but i love the fact this stuff is done tastefully and has absolutely never spoiled the show's quality

there's so many things to say about this episode, a lot of it has been said here already, and a lot more remains to be said. its just so overwhelming in the best way, they really didn't waste a single scene on this

cant wait for the next one
Def agree with you about MM he's an amazing character, his actor is perfectly able to both be emotional when it comes to the serious shit but he's also really funny when the more humourous moments happen.

The part where he revealed that he blames himself for his family's death at the hands of Soldier Boy hit pretty deep and I really like how there's a running theme of characters being motivated by revenge but they go about it in different ways

Fokk Weekender

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Def agree with you about MM he's an amazing character, his actor is perfectly able to both be emotional when it comes to the serious shit but he's also really funny when the more humourous moments happen.

The part where he revealed that he blames himself for his family's death at the hands of Soldier Boy hit pretty deep and I really like how there's a running theme of characters being motivated by revenge but they go about it in different ways
I'd let soldier boy smash me, he's so fit. Great job casting Jensen.

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
0e8g4ytcxu891.jpg

fofa

Atom
Nebulae
fucking hell they can never win can they its incredible how something goes down the shitter every season its become a reoccuring theme now

also thought butcher would do some good for once and tell hughie to not take temp v but now it seems like that wouldn't help with anything considering the circumstance

i reckon they'll all get back together again though since soldier boy will most likely be teaming up with homelander

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
i hope that they don't just have butcher act like nothing happened after the lenny nightmare, i'm not expecting a full 180 in character but some amount of concern for hughie should be expected.

also the father-son thing with homelander and soldier boy seems a little forced, like some justification to keep the show going for another season or two rather than a reasonable plot arc but that's just my opinion. i hope this doesn't eventually end up with walking dead syndrome

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
whats interesting is that they have somehow diverted exactly back onto the comics, but with 2 of the characters swapped around

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
I personally think Butcher is going to act like nothing has changed until he gets to the lab and takes just regular compound V instead of the temp stuff

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I personally think Butcher is going to act like nothing has changed until he gets to the lab and takes just regular compound V instead of the temp stuff
i think they're going for a misdirect. butcher isn't going to ignore his visions, he wont let Hughie take any more temp V. if he does, he'll save compound V to bail his ass out

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
i think they're going for a misdirect. butcher isn't going to ignore his visions, he wont let Hughie take any more temp V. if he does, he'll save compound V to bail his ass out
That's what I'm trying to say. I think they will end up taking regular Compound V to save themselves from swiss cheese brain. Temporary compound V was a good way to build this up for them.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
That's what I'm trying to say. I think they will end up taking regular Compound V to save themselves from swiss cheese brain. Temporary compound V was a good way to build this up for them.
I get serious comic vibes from this

It feels as though they will take Compound V, then after defeating Homelander/Soldier Boy Butcher will go back to his rhetoric of 'only good supe is a dead supe' and create some scheme to genocide the supe population like his comic counterpart did.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
watching homelander vaporize that guy's head and having the crowd cheer him on is unsettling as fuck

I think my earlier guess about a homelander-lead uprising is probable, with the stormchaser / "true patriot" nutcases cheering him on

Last edited:

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
watching homelander vaporize that guy's head and having the crowd cheer him on is unsettling as fuck

I think my earlier guess about a homelander-lead uprising is probable, with the stormchaser / "true patriot" nutcases cheering him on
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F160125114628-donald-trump-quote-shoot-somebody.jpg

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
with maeve abroad (and powerless) & soldier boy taken by the CIA for who knows what, it's going to be interesting to see how they plan to kill homelander now

maybe they'll try to cut a deal with the head-exploder VP?