The Clone Wars: Final Season trailer

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
I’ve got the time and the Disney+ so I think I’ll watch it all, I’ve enjoyed every episode so far especially the Geonosis one that was cool

Reactions: List

Toast Lord

Electron
Nebulae
Clone Wars was cool. Rebels is meh but its vital if you want to see the tidbits of Clone Wars stuff they use. Resistance is cell shaded garbage (I'm aware its meant for a younger audience but still)

Season 5 of Clone Wars is probably the hottest fucking season they put out, and then Disney pulled the trigger. And for a weekly episodic show, it looked amazing up till its final on-tv season.

Toast Lord

Electron
Nebulae
I'm not really going to go into much detail about the final episode, so if you haven't seen it yet everything below is safe to read, minus of course the spoiler tag with a picture that I like:

The link I sent a few days ago has the final episode up a day early, after watching it and watching my favorite series conclude, I have to say: That was a fucking awesome send off. I've been watching this series since I was in the 5th grade, first watching the Movie then the series, and now having watched it finish while I'm in my last semester for my associates degree in college, its rather bonkers how I've kind of grew up with this series. Seeing the show gradually change clothing wise and story wise was pretty nice, as well as seeing the story build up along the way. Not to mention watching the series become so popular, that Disney canceling it couldn't even keep it down: With them releasing season 6 on Netflix, and releasing the arcs they couldn't complete as Comics such as Maul: Son of Dathomir, And Maul: Death Sentence (Fucking extremely recommended reads by the way, they both aren't blocked by a childrens rating, so they get pretty dark for a Star Wars media piece), and even books and comics before Disney canceling it. I'm pretty happy with how it ended and that I got to experience it, as well as knowing that there are others here that actually possibly share the same sentiment about this series

I seriously hope that Dave Filoni ends up taking a higher position within lucasfilm. It may sound cocky of me to say, but I feel he would really benefit Star Wars if he replaced Kathleen Kennedy. The man ended up crafting a series that was pretty fucking awesome to watch, even consulting Lucas himself multiple times with the series (Such as Rex was originally to be Alpha, an ARC Trooper from the original comic books but Lucas felt he should be something else because of some name weirdness, Alpha, Anakin, Ahsoka. Dude even payed tribute to him by utilizing the original LucasFilm logos when Star Wars first came out) Its very clear that this man has a heart for making Star Wars Media, even with Rebels which wasn't as thrilling as Clone Wars but has its moments and is nice to pass the time He somehow crafted this awesome chemistry between characters that are both Important, and characters that are regarded as 'Expendable' (Such as the scene between Wolf Squad and Plo Koon in the third episode of the first season.) And you feel that sense of friendship and completely forget whats going to happen canonically in the Clone Wars, so you fall between this sense of adventurous fun, and bitter sweet dread between episodes because you know what eventually is going to happen. I can't wait to see what this guy makes next, I only hope that he is given more creative freedom.

SPOILER_FUUUUUCK.png

The fucking score during the scene previous to this was awesome, since it was a distorted version of the song you hear after the duel between Ahsoka and Vader in rebels concludes, at least parts of it. The sound track of the show sounded reminiscent of that wei

Have a listen if you guys want. Though I could be wrong. It just sounded very similar to me.

Well thats that. Lets see what comes next

Last edited:

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
fucking turn Lucasfilm into Filonifilm already

ive been crying my ass off during the latest episode holy shit

Elizabeth

Lamb of Columbia
Nebulae
good end to a good series, definately worth the bingewatch.

i really enjoyed this scene, no words really to describe it

D

Deleted member 1381

good end to a good series, definately worth the bingewatch.

i really enjoyed this scene, no words really to describe it

really gets to you when you realise everything they died and fought for was completely pointless

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
I still think the entire 'mind control chip' stuff is absolutely crap. I understand the disney angle of not wanting to upset the kids by having their favorite clones suddenly become evil murderers, but to me it always added much more to the overall dark vibe knowing that they were constantly ready to betray them over a hidden agenda. E.g. the audio diaries from SWBF2

D

Deleted member 1381

I'd love to see a battlefront 3 entirely dedicated to the clone wars

D

Deleted member 1974

I still think the entire 'mind control chip' stuff is absolutely crap. I understand the disney angle of not wanting to upset the kids by having their favorite clones suddenly become evil murderers, but to me it always added much more to the overall dark vibe knowing that they were constantly ready to betray them over a hidden agenda. E.g. the audio diaries from SWBF2
true, i like to mix the legends stuff w/ canon because it feels much better. i dont want to be constrained to either

Toast Lord

Electron
Nebulae

Same honestly. I preferred when clones were so loyal that they were going to carry out the orders, but they were still able to think for themselves. Though what made it interesting is that you had some clones either never enact order 66 because of their situation (The Clone named 'Able' For example being stranded on a planet since the start of the Clone Wars and being found right after the battle of Yavin), or you had some that completely disregarded it because of their own beliefs, or they thought it was actually a separatist trick (Such as Omega squad, or Ion team respectively.) Some clones even retiring or bailing out right after Order 66, like the various clones that were taken in by Kal Skirata. I wish the control chip wasn't a thing, cause it just kinda feels like a plot device for "Nope can't have clones defect unless under super special events that happen to them"

Last edited:

Geeman

Neutrino
Nebulae
honestly, i thought it was the best seasons the clone wars did. Mando vs Mando battle and order 66 and how asoka survived. pretty cool stuff.