The fuck just happend.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
That's cool but I'd imagine the average rebel joe with a gun to shoot a combean if he saw one run at him with a lol rifle
most people know that doing that means certain death

obviously, i say most not all because some people got pk’d tonight

GothTrad

Spooky scary skeleton
Nebulae
That's cool but I'd imagine the average rebel joe with a gun to shoot a combean if he saw one run at him with a lol rifle
Well then what do you expect as an answer if you shoot someone, of course he's gonna fire back

Daniels

Proton
Nebulae
Well then what do you expect as an answer if you shoot someone, of course he's gonna fire back

I expect that my new character johnny won't take a few weeks of running around town begging people to sell me a suitcase while I farm tokens like some MMO Rpg game so I can buy more and more breens can just to smelt them into metal and buy a new gun

Nothing wrong with pks
Nothing wrong with sweeps
Everything wrong with how disgustingly hard it is to establish yourself as a basic rebel that has at least one firearm, some kind of protective clothing and maybe a group that will allow you to work with them.

Reactions: List

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae

Well gladly most of them decided opening fire against 10+ soldiers was pointless so they took the fact they weren't shot on sight as a good enough status quo they didn't feel like breaching.

GothTrad

Spooky scary skeleton
Nebulae
I expect that my new character johnny won't take a few weeks of running around town begging people to sell me a suitcase while I farm tokens like some MMO Rpg game so I can buy more and more breens can just to smelt them into metal and buy a new gun

Nothing wrong with pks
Nothing wrong with sweeps
Everything wrong with how disgustingly hard it is to establish yourself as a basic rebel that has at least one firearm, some kind of protective clothing and maybe a group that will allow you to work with them.
I don't get what you are blaming here, or who are you blaming on that
After all the economy is created by the players themselve, while yes I vouch for more guns into the rebels hands I believe there is an appropriate thread for it

https://nebulous.cloud/threads/rebel-rp-and-your-problems.45971/

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
But a policy explained, or am I wrong on this one?
the headstaff control the flow of scripts into the server (flags and event drops/expeditions) - they control supply

the other alternative is taking down cops, but if rebels are scarce on resources already then this is far too risky a strat

GothTrad

Spooky scary skeleton
Nebulae
the headstaff control the flow of scripts into the server (flags and event drops/expeditions) - they control supply

the other alternative is taking down cops, but if rebels are scarce on resources already then this is far too risky a strat
According to what I've read lately, there is actually a certain amount of scripts around the map and I'm guessing scripts are specifically handed out
Last I heard, rebels had weapons but no ammos, so how it is going from that point of view? Now, is there also a possibility that a group of people, grinding the most actually hold most of the resources necessary but ultimately don't use them nonetheless, resulting in a massive lack of resources into the other rebel hands?
Because I still believe as much as you that the other alternative is not really possible unless rebels are ready to face the consequences, which is not the case lately

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
i still think script spawns are a bad thing for an economy to rely on, worse still for actual roleplay
run around the sewers looking for scripts or actually do something challenging and developing

one is punished, the other is not

GothTrad

Spooky scary skeleton
Nebulae
i still think script spawns are a bad thing for an economy to rely on, worse still for actual roleplay
It is, but isn't the reason why staffs are holding the caravan and the fact there are crafters?

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
It is, but isn't the reason why staffs are holding the caravan and the fact there are crafters?
again, these are both staff interventions

an economy needs to be self-sustaining, it needs a big supply that gets fought over ans traded around, not staff that magic things in and out of the ether

GothTrad

Spooky scary skeleton
Nebulae
how are either of those a solution
What would be yours when it comes to a Roleplay approach of the situation?
again, these are both staff interventions

an economy needs to be self-sustaining, it needs a big supply that gets fought over ans traded around, not staff that magic things in and out of the ether

Yes I get it, the economy shouldn't rely on the staff intervention otherwise it could drop the moment staff is focused on something else, but are the crafters independant or do they actually have to get auth each time they craft a script?

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
What would be yours when it comes to a Roleplay approach of the situation?
have all weapons, ammunition and armor be craftable, outside of AR2s and SPAS-12s

have all crafting requirements trace back to common materials obtainable either through the CWU, rations, vendors, farming or 'rebel workshifts'

give flags out based on character knowledge, get rid of the roster and fac requirements

ideally, that's what would happen, but something something city population goes down, rebel population go brrrrr, server health goes kaput

GothTrad

Spooky scary skeleton
Nebulae
have all weapons, ammunition and armor be craftable, outside of AR2s and SPAS-12s

have all crafting requirements trace back to common materials obtainable either through the CWU, rations, vendors, farming or 'rebel workshifts'

give flags out based on character knowledge, get rid of the roster and fac requirements

ideally, that's what would happen, but something something city population goes down, rebel population go brrrrr, server health goes kaput
That seems fair

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
I just think its a bit ridiculous that it costs twice as much metal to manufacture a USP-M than it does to repair a SPAS-12.

I honestly would settle for being able to craft USP-Ms, if only it wasn't so outrageously expensive.

Not sure if anything has changed since I was a merchant last though, maybe they tweaked it, I don't know.

70-90 scrap metal for a glock/USP-M seems more fair to me, but hey, call me a dreamer.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I just think its a bit ridiculous that it costs twice as much metal to manufacture a USP-M than it does to repair a SPAS-12.

I honestly would settle for being able to craft USP-Ms, if only it wasn't so outrageously expensive.

Not sure if anything has changed since I was a merchant last though, maybe they tweaked it, I don't know.

70-90 scrap metal for a glock/USP-M seems more fair to me, but hey, call me a dreamer.
To be fair you arent making a weapon from scratch when repairing a spas-12, I think the requirements for guns could be lowered a bit, maybe around 90 metal for a glock and 120 for a usp

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
giphy.gif