The fuck just happend.

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
well in this case a dozen OTA stormed the beaches and killed everyone online

I'm pretty sure Chef went out and attacked a cop or something dont know if OTA were involved

Chef and Nina mugged 2 officers, left them alive, and then like 6-8 developed characters got PKed. They would've gone to the beach had they not killed so many.

Reactions: List

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Chef and Nina mugged 2 officers, left them alive, and then like 6-8 developed characters got PKed. They would've gone to the beach had they not killed so many.
there were a shit ton of OTA involved here, it wasnt a regular sweep because someone mugged a cop man

bubblegum

Nebulae
there were a shit ton of OTA involved here, it wasnt a regular sweep because someone mugged a cop man

So the outrage isn't that they got PKed, but that OTA was involved? I don't really see a difference at the end of the day if people are upset they lost their character. Wouldn't a squad of CP's do the same to suited rebels with weapons?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
This wasn't cause of that, someone legit kidnapped a CAB member and OTA jumped the gun I think.
[doublepost=1588023602][/doublepost]
Wouldn't a squad of CP's do the same to suited rebels with weapons?
Not these days generally, no. Not on that scale.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
time for another discussion about the validity of sweep and how "more interesting" reactions should be prioritized

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
So the outrage isn't that they got PKed, but that OTA was involved? I don't really see a difference at the end of the day if people are upset they lost their character. Wouldn't a squad of CP's do the same to suited rebels with weapons?
A CAB member was kidnapped, it wasnt a cop mugging and a lot of uninvolved people all along the beach and sewers got killed as a result from it

While it sucks that good characters got killed in your sweep, comparing them when they're vastly different is stupid, they're different incidents

S35

Quark
Nebulae
It is kinda ok. s2k is cool but... You know, Lower the prices thats all I say, to build a rebel char (group) with a guns lets say, is gonna last fuckin months, but to kill the char (group) is like under 10 min of sweep... It seems hopeless with rebelRP Since the Combine is made to stay the rebels are made to die off..
In some form its how its supposed to be, in some form its stupid, why would anyone even want to be a rebel in these hard times...Its a loss project.

Please make RebelRP easier, stop the capitalism you have been doing in fucking ages, new players get screwed over by desperate rebel groups to maintain, its like come on. This is not how its supposed to be done. I know RebelRP can be better than this. And I have been around for a good time to see that it hasn't been done anything about it. Please for your own sake. Fix the issues.

My char had fun with its group tho
I rate it a solid 6/10 (Fix Rebel RP to get bigger nebulous)
o7 Artie

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
first:

to all the people going "WHY WAS OTA AUTHED TO GO IN AND KILL EVERYONE" direct your attention to this:
G54zKyF.png

second:
i have put a pin in the situation so we can all stop being on pause, a SINGLE appeal will go up and the entire situation will be dealt with there. I'd rather deal with one appeal rather than like eight.

Manio

Mostly Sleepy
Nebulae
OTA went and killed everyone... Except for those that didn't engage the soldiers and had their weapons stowed. Those who got their weapons raised got glacked immediately and they did have them raised. It was first ota sweep in 10 months so also do bear in mind that.

Last edited:

bubblegum

Nebulae
This wasn't cause of that, someone legit kidnapped a CAB member and OTA jumped the gun I think.

I'm referring to how 6 people lost their developed characters over something that at the time seemed small, and comparing it to now. It seems I misunderstood the issue. My mistake, thanks for the people who clarified.

I'm also 99% sure this is all going to get voided because lmao never in my life have I seen 16 OTA get authed to run down and mow down literally every single online rebel and I'm gonna guarantee you BQ wouldn't okay that, even for a CAB kidnapping.

To be fair, I'm literally rebel RPing right now and no OTA has shot at my character.... yet.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
OTA went and killed everyone... Except for those that didn't engage the soldiers and had their weapons stowed. Those who got their weapons raised got lacked immediately and they did have them raised. It was first ota sweep in 10 months so also do bear in mind that.
I don't blame people for reflexively raising their guns when OTA have historically been known to be game-enders tbf. Like shit, I see an OTA storming the beach my first instinct is "well fuck".

Either way I think it would have been much better to drop an ultimatum to return the CAB member. 16 OTA? Nobody is gonna fight that, after all.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
ok but you have to admit 16 ota must be a pretty impressive sight
man i was at the top of the lighthouse and there were so many that I thought it was rebels running around before a sweep

I noticed it was OTA only when i realized the animations looked off lmao