HL2RP 'The new metro map is terrible' Thread| Agree/Disagree , and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
is fun tho
mapper
eww-god-no.gif

Nebulae
it can feel like the ideal, but the time commitment for a custom map or an edit is quite a lot,
although I'm not sure this approach would massively be useful quite yet as the server dynamic is still in a bit of a discovery phase, we've got ideas of what can work and what can struggle, but I wouldn't say we've got a clear idea on what that is yet. one for the future I'd reckon.

I know that creating a map takes time and it's not easy, but when we've been before on a map for 3 (maybe more) months, I believe that even now we can endure, or if staff choose a map, they can edit it so that it's as close as possible to community preferences.
personally I don't mind any map except for Asheville, which was not that good, but nevertheless I always try to find good things in a map and not immediately complain in forums.

Reggie

fresh prince of baghdad
Nebulae
I don't like the current map because I'm claustrophobic and have a fear of tight spaces please fix

Reactions: List
Nebulae
tbh
its really pointless discussing maps in details, and taking them apart. it doesnt matter at all.
especially if the whole concept of switching them here and there, is the norm
any change is good, if the change gives a purpose to some refreshing gameplay rp.

If its the same bland rp, that REQUIRES EXTERNAL EVENTS, to show something refreshing
u can give 100000000000 maps, it'll still be the same, ol', experience.

to really have fun, u must have SOMETHING that can passively give YOU(the player) rp and mini human goals to do, without needing to have any crazy rp desires to not get bored, and disconnect, shit like
to build empires, murder this, or plot on this, just so you wont find yourself staring at walls.

like previously mentioned, revamped taking care of character needs
basic stuff, like hunger at least being a thing. (and not 4 irl days to have it at 50%)

im in an underground map?
COOL, now HOW are we going to sustain ourselves and our group? how shall we feed ourselves?
who's gonna be on cooking duty? surely u cant eat raw food
Same stuff, applies to CP side, cuz they too must eat underground.

you will think of this, and will have rp coming from this, when it becomes an actual thing
u cant imagine yourself being hungry, if the game doesnt remind you.

you wont go seek medrp if your red bar of health, wont be low, you wont even think about it
and if your screen becomes blurry from low hp, oh, you WILL go seek medrp, and think of nothing else.

so that's just
FREE RP, FREE STUFF TO DO, just from this simple concept
u dont need any event staff to entertain you
even a 1 staff member that can push food obtaining (aka spawning food once someone's rp is finished), is sufficient
no one needs to break their heads and plan grand events.

its the little things that matter

its COOL if we have a new map, and we gotta think how we handle this in that NEW environment

THEN every map switch is = gold

at the moment, it's like dayz 0.63, unfun stale bland gameplay, completely no taking care of CHARACTER human needs
which means every map is just, well, a new gmod map. But what new fun does it offer if I play the same game, with the same lack of worries.

but in the modern dayz, where gameplay is fun, and human needs exist in a fun manner,
which give u natural goals that pop in ur mind
every new map, is awesome, cuz GAMEPLAY IS FUN, which incentivizes imagination, which incentivizes rp.

its basic stuff
and we dont have em

Last edited:

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I have nonspecific feelings which will remain undetermined about this map and undefined in the event of a map change.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
tbh
its really pointless discussing maps in details, and taking them apart. it doesnt matter at all.
especially if the whole concept of switching them here and there, is the norm
any change is good, if the change gives a purpose to some refreshing gameplay rp.

If its the same bland rp, that REQUIRES EXTERNAL EVENTS, to show something refreshing
u can give 100000000000 maps, it'll still be the same, ol', experience.

to really have fun, u must have SOMETHING that can passively give YOU(the player) rp and mini human goals to do, without needing to have any crazy rp desires to not get bored, and disconnect, shit like
to build empires, murder this, or plot on this, just so you wont find yourself staring at walls.

like previously mentioned, revamped taking care of character needs
basic stuff, like hunger at least being a thing. (and not 4 irl days to have it at 50%)

im in an underground map?
COOL, now HOW are we going to sustain ourselves and our group? how shall we feed ourselves?
who's gonna be on cooking duty? surely u cant eat raw food
Same stuff, applies to CP side, cuz they too must eat underground.

you will think of this, and will have rp coming from this, when it becomes an actual thing
u cant imagine yourself being hungry, if the game doesnt remind you.

you wont go seek medrp if your red bar of health, wont be low, you wont even think about it
and if your screen becomes blurry from low hp, oh, you WILL go seek medrp, and think of nothing else.

so that's just
FREE RP, FREE STUFF TO DO, just from this simple concept
u dont need any event staff to entertain you
even a 1 staff member that can push food obtaining (aka spawning food once someone's rp is finished), is sufficient
no one needs to break their heads and plan grand events.

its the little things that matter

its COOL if we have a new map, and we gotta think how we handle this in that NEW environment

THEN every map switch is = gold

at the moment, it's like dayz 0.63, unfun stale bland gameplay, completely no taking care of CHARACTER human needs
which means every map is just, well, a new gmod map. But what new fun does it offer if I play the same game, with the same lack of worries.

but in the modern dayz, where gameplay is fun, and human needs exist in a fun manner,
which give u natural goals that pop in ur mind
every new map, is awesome, cuz GAMEPLAY IS FUN, which incentivizes imagination, which incentivizes rp.

its basic stuff
and we dont have em
i will say i thought it was kinda lame that water sources and shit popped up immediately, very easy chance to starve everyone for food/drink and have it make sense, and have both sides fight over supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.