News The next voyage of nebulous

Jaf

Thanks, I hate it
Nebulae
Surprised that you decided to go with voice instead of text-based considering the history of the community.
Wishing you the best of luck.

Reactions: List

FMDev

Funny SCP Lady
Nebulae
We all know this is really only happening because @Blackquill saw the Valley of the Pagans video

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
image0.jpg

Can‘t wait for the Willy Wonka GTA Server

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
I'd suggest watching GTA RP such as NoPixel streamers on Twitch, it'll get you a good understanding of how VOIP RP is done.
modelling your voicerp server after and expecting it to work even remotely similar to voice rp servers filled with literal professional entertainers and improv-ers with high quality microphones who are let into the server solely because of their qualities as professional entertainers and improv-ers sounds like a like a recipe for disaster for a server supposed to be filled with random regular people

those servers are funny and great and what not for people watching and playing, but it's not like your server filled with regular schmucks is going or give you an even remotely similar experience

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
modelling your voicerp server after and expecting it to work even remotely similar to voice rp servers filled with literal professional entertainers and improv-ers with high quality microphones who are let into the server solely because of their qualities as professional entertainers and improv-ers sounds like a like a recipe for disaster for a server supposed to be filled with random regular people

those servers are funny and great and what not for people watching and playing, but it's not like your server filled with regular schmucks is going or give you an even remotely similar experience
I think you’re both overestimating streamers and underestimating regular people

a lot of those “famous” players were literally nobodies until a few years ago, and a lot the streamers that play right now have no history of shit like improv or roleplaying

like yeah maybe NoPixel is the apex of this sort of shit cause they have the fame and resources and backlog of great people to pick from that wanna play but a lot of the best characters have come from regular dudes too, not to mention NoPixel was a regular server up until it blew up (I think they did DayZ/Arma roleplay before)

It’s not 100% serious extreme roleplay and alex and co said it themselves, they aren’t expecting HL2RP levels of seriousness or professional voice actors to be playing

Over time roleplayers themselves get better at improv and shit by themselves the more comfortable they become with the setting anyway

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
I think you’re both overestimating streamers and underestimating regular people

a lot of those “famous” players were literally nobodies until a few years ago, and a lot the streamers that play right now have no history of shit like improv or roleplaying

like yeah maybe NoPixel is the apex of this sort of shit cause they have the fame and resources and backlog of great people to pick from that wanna play but a lot of the best characters have come from regular dudes too, not to mention NoPixel was a regular server up until it blew up (I think they did DayZ/Arma roleplay before)

It’s not 100% serious extreme roleplay and alex and co said it themselves, they aren’t expecting HL2RP levels of seriousness or professional voice actors to be playing

Over time roleplayers themselves get better at improv and shit by themselves the more comfortable they become with the setting anyway
i'm not saying that regular people will be dogshit at it and that all the streamers are fantastic rpers and improvers and what not, only that these kinds of streamer servers are probably some of the best type of voice rp content you can get in this medium so modelling your expectations for your own server after that is setting yourself up for disappointment

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
i'm not saying that regular people will be dogshit at it and that all the streamers are fantastic rpers and improvers and what not, only that these kinds of streamer servers are probably some of the best type of voice rp content you can get in this medium so modelling your expectations for your own server after that is setting yourself up for disappointment
I don’t think the difference would be that drastic to be completely honest to base your expectations off as long as the server is whitelisted and quality is controlled through them

It’s mostly a bunch of people playing themselves and sometimes putting on a funny voice unless its a gimmicky character

It’s still entertaining I’m not complaining so don’t get me wrong but it mostly depends on the chemistry between the players, I think a better comparison would be 1.0 or 2.0 rather than the current iteration of the server to more realistically base your expectations off

In the end I suppose it isn’t black and white, I think Jay just used it as a general example cause it’s the only good streamer server and most of the others would be comparable to DarkRP rather than what they’re going for, I don’t expect us to be on NoPixel’s level right off the bat

Zeenz

Atom
Premium Member
Nebulae
i am fucking awful at voice and accent impressions

whenever i try indian i turn scottish
yet whenever i try scottish it turns into south african

Can I hear this next UM meeting?