Serious The Steam Deck - WTF where did this come from and what is it?!?!

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
You weren't kidding; it took literally 5 minutes for the transaction to register.
Steam's servers are probably on meltdown atm, i got damn lucky with my reservation 10 minutes in, only a few minutes before the reservations filled on the 512 especially because i used Steam wallet funds for it to instantly pass rather than waiting for the transaction to stop pending
ive never been so anxious in my life waiting for the order to process with Steam's constantly erroring out, even considered just waiting an hour or two to see if itd work later, damn glad i stayed now

D

Deleted member 7099

cant wait to go out in public, look over someone's shoulder and see they're roleplaying on gmod
think that'd just register an immediate fight or flight

Reactions: List

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
where the fuck do you fuckers get the money and confidence to spend 600 dollars on a portable steam screen
i was a few weeks off paying for a desktop anyway so ive had the spare dosh for a while
as for confidence, my last pc was an FX-6350 with a GTX 630 and my current craptop is an i3-2350M with Intel HD 3000, for the price itll blow the dust off my shelves compared to what i've had in the past and to what i've got

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
i was a few weeks off paying for a desktop anyway so ive had the spare dosh for a while
as for confidence, my last pc was an FX-6350 with a GTX 630 and my current craptop is an i3-2350M with Intel HD 3000, for the price itll blow the dust off my shelves compared to what i've had in the past and to what i've got
Wait, you don't have a proper PC and you're blowing your money on some experiment?
That's, uhhh, a bold move, to say the least

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
Wait, you don't have a proper PC and you're blowing your money on some experiment?
That's, uhhh, a bold move, to say the least
i dont care anymore, literally anything is better than this
plus im a sucker for portable consoles and the like, i mentioned earlier ive still got my old PSP and Vita that i play daily
even if its an experiment, it's an experiment thatll mean i'll have a better vidya experience

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
where the fuck do you fuckers get the money and confidence to spend 600 dollars on a portable steam screen
Eh I grew up with portable handhelds and I'd like something a little more substantial. The ability to be able to play any of my steam games wherever when I'm bored is a big plus to me.

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
3f6f8a5cdf95b241725a4270ed79912a.png

:^)

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
updated the specs again
unknown.png

quad channel for the DDR5, the jump from DDR5 was gonna be a great boost in performance anyway but even more bandwidth is definitely gonna help elevate its performance even more so on those

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
second rko bump thru the table, the proper review embargo is lifted on the 25th but the hardware reviews already speak very well of the Deck

there's dozens more channels that have covered it including LTT and the likes but the page would crash if i listed them all so i'll just stick to GN's videos