The Wasteland Depot - OPENING EVENT & MAP

Numbers

ok
Nebulae

depot.png

No newspeak, no breencasts, no loyalty

Subsequent to the uprising, many rioters across Europe have been subdued, many would-be-dissenters in the Combine's eyes, abducted. All redirected to prison systems not unlike this one. Here there are no delusions of grandeur, no propaganda to be fed alongside your ration - the Combine couldn't afford exclusively rewarding loyalty in a place like this. So long as you do the work, you get your food. You might even add a few more days before you're "put to the pods" - a slang for the stalkerized.

Still, rumors brew word of an escape plan backed by distant partisans. Bide your time and wait for it to hit, or make an early one yourself.

Civil Protection auxiliaries have been sent here, overseen by a detachment of Overwatch soldiers that look outwards more often than they do discipline the interior. The officers themselves are not native to the region either.

prison_soviet.png

7PM GMT, JAN 7
The server will be opening at the aforementioned time. If it wasn't obvious, we're opening in a prison setting. This will extend to a minimum of one day and a maximum of three days, but I'm willing to extend the prison setting before we jump into the main server if people enjoy it that much.

Feel free to contact staff if you want to set up any kind of RP hub during your time in the prison, we will accommodate for it if it's decent.

Breakouts prior to the climax of this event will have PK risk.

We will be staying on this map (a slightly tweaked rp_depot) for a good amount of time after the event.

The content is here:

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
everyone should just boost eachother over the walls and run for the nearest rebel outpost at the start of the event before the Combine gets organised and leave the fewest people to die, we can't stop all of you

Reactions: List

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
fun little thought

in 2016, nebulous started with a prison event. this is a screenshot from it and it's the only one i have;
6REXKw3.jpg

and now, in 2023, a new iteration starts with a prison event

itll be interesting to see how the two differ and if this iteration shares any of the original's longevity

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
fun little thought

in 2016, nebulous started with a prison event. this is a screenshot from it and it's the only one i have;
6REXKw3.jpg

itll be interesting to see how the two differ and if this iteration shares any of the original's longevity
fuck me, i remember that.
i also got a screenshot of that same pond, actually.
A8DA9A4598AD8DD3C07CCF74A6615F7EC0CE8209

dont think i took this at launch day but maybe a day or two after.
some people were organizing exercises and then turning it into a riot.

anyway yeah, lets hope this iteration last long. dunno if ill be able to attend the event but we'll see.

jamEs

fqjdlkmsbvqfgkhpoiuaeazer
Nebulae
fun little thought

6REXKw3.jpg

cRaIJEp.jpg
Kt4WSzh.jpg
j8jAyE9.jpg
daUAaWb.jpg
Jpd9wvB.jpg
9WY9kVw.jpg
8ZVrEDm.jpg
7RqmE2A.jpg
KUQQFUu.jpg
An78HBf.jpg
9ScHyh0.jpg

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
The one thing I remember the most from that event was seeing some OTA miscalculate the height of a drop, causing them to take some fall damage with audible leg crunch and pain sound effects. Probably the first and only time I've ever seen OTA get hurt in front of my very own eyes.