The Wasteland Depot - OPENING EVENT & MAP

Nebulae
why do you encourage that, which time after time, killed all previous iterations of every server this community has had?

you guys have had the chance to experience what it feels but i didn’t, thats why im looking at it in a different perspective

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
you guys have had the chance to experience what it feels but i didn’t, thats why im looking at it in a different perspective
why would you want to experience the server growing stale

you get different experiences from variety, not staring at the exact same place for weeks on end

Reactions: List

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
also regarding "stalker" aesthetic maps previously used by ww3 (or any for the matter), u are forgetting that ww3 really limited what you could do with the map
cant do zombie swarms, antlion dens, xenian nests, combine structures and rebel outposts with reverse engineered tech etc etc
ww3rp had no gms that weren't setting up purely competitive s2k events, no diversity of character/enemy typeZ

all of these heavily impact map aesthetic

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
main map?
confused-cat-me-looking-for-who-asked.gif

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
Eli and his team stayed at white forest even tho they got attacked multiple times

and yet when you pass by you're there for like 30 minutes b4 leaving to another setting in the area, when you come back its not the same rooms but new rooms with new enemies and stuff to do: it's a game, a video game, whilst some games take one location and give it CRAZY fucking depth and character and can make a game out of one building in its entirety, when you have 50 people vying for space and unveiling everything and taking up room and playing the same undetailed shitty hammer-made setting that wasn't intended for u to have any depth but just sort of walk through, and then u sit there for months, yeah people get fucking bored lol

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Main maps work better for longer when your server isn't conflict heavy.

Also White Forest doesn't work bc they only got attacked the once, which was at the end of Episode 2. That's how they could build literal superweapons there.

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Not to mention we realized the map has a built in system that'll unload anything you aren't looking at or in just out of sight in the thick fog which means despite the size performance will (hopefully) be much better.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
we have declared

rp apocalypse.....

next map.. . .
I took the liberty of checking this map in singleplayer in advance, and O W the synapses in my brain have been firing off nonstop for the last five minutes with all the pattern recognition going on. Never considered myself immune to nostalgia, but the sheer volume of memories from the old days of HL2RP and FTRP I've got on this map flooding back to my mind are legit giving me a headache.
More likely because I've been awake for way too long but hot dangit there's still so much shit for my head to unpack that it's unreal.

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
I took the liberty of checking this map in singleplayer in advance, and O W the synapses in my brain have been firing off nonstop for the last five minutes with all the pattern recognition going on. Never considered myself immune to nostalgia, but the sheer volume of memories from the old days of HL2RP and FTRP I've got on this map flooding back to my mind are legit giving me a headache.
More likely because I've been awake for way too long but hot dangit there's still so much shit for my head to unpack that it's unreal.
dude this map was the first ever 100 slot non city event ive been on my cop, infantile 14-15 year old numbers