thesarus descriptions

florek

Electron
Nebulae
so i'm sure during the existence of HL2RP, people came up with some extremely inordinate ways of describing their character.

from using terms not even the most noble of english professors at renowned universities have ever heard of to inconceivable monstrosities

not sure if we made a thread like this before, but post your memories here

i'll start with the only thing I still have and its from willard lol

ongW3NP.png

Last edited:

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Who was the origin for 'dons a gait'?

maxi

maxiboy
Nebulae
avant garde descriptions go hard when theyre done right, but look fkn ridiculous when done wrong

“the embodiment of xyz” or smth comes to mind like bro I can’t describe you as the dude that looks like the embodiment of for example a sad man

Reactions: List

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
civil protection officers really be referring to their armour as a "raiment" like they gotta head down to Windhelm to pick up a new Steel Greatsword

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
I have a screenshot I stole of one of those really edgy 1940s roleplay servers of an SS commander who would probably be driven over the edge that I didn't use whatever confusing German translation actually exists for his rank on a Church podium with an actual honest to god SCREENS WORTH OF TEXT because NS apparently didn't have any restrictions on showing your description

I sadly cannot find it. Does someone else have it?

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
highly detailed rebel physdescs on bluesuits waiting in line at the ration kiosk
Eg_W-uVXYAAxvvm.png

this was the case for me at least on one occassion, a CP player quietly DM'd me about it and I scampered back underground in shame.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
so i'm sure during the existence of HL2RP, people came up with some extremely inordinate ways of describing their character.

from using terms not even the most noble of english professors at renowned universities have ever heard of to inconceivable monstrosities

not sure if we made a thread like this before, but post your memories here

i'll start with the only thing I still have and its from willard lol

ongW3NP.png

this is how i, as a native english speaker, set my self apart from the ever increasing english standard of continental europeans. i must remain... superior.

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
tQoNp2S.jpg

gonna be completely truthful
i have no idea what mesomorphic means
it's 1 google search away to find out, but i don't feel like doing that
so i'll live in ignorance for now.

bring back descriptions made up of short 1 word descriptors separated by |'s
nqqNvJJ.jpg

n3AdVLd.jpg

i also respect descriptions detailing someone's backstory, very cool!
30 minutes NLR wtf were they smoking in LP

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Mine reduced as time went by because overly descriptive shit is boring and its funnier coming up with something else

My last one was literally something like “This dude looks like what a cup of black coffee and a cigarette in the morning feels like”

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I use to do overly detailed short descriptions when I was new but now I save it for yknow my detailed description. I just put an [E] at the beginning of my short.

maxi

maxiboy
Nebulae
i hate x | y | z descs whenever i see it i automatically assume someone is a minge idk why

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
i hate x | y | z descs whenever i see it i automatically assume someone is a minge idk why
cause people stopped using them here around 2019/2020 so the only people that used them were new players that came from other communities (before eventually adopting the new standard which was "A x'y" person wearing z") or people that were around long enough to have seen them in use to have them ironically when actually minging