i was gonna factory reset computer and hope it does something
but i believe its about hardware, not software
so, im thinkin

should i get a new processor

if so, should i get an Intel i7 7700 skylake or whatever

Hosterss

Electron
Nebulae
Are you sure that it's placed in the right orientation and that all the pins have successfully been placed in their slot?

Reactions: List

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Go into your BIOS mode and check temperatures and fan speed there

lostlk

Neutrino
Nebulae
Chance its a virus, i'd check bios to make sure everything is OK, assuming a hard wipe doesn't work.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
make sure your fans are plugged in and working, and properly attached to the heatsinks

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
@Andrew thanks, everything is attached we checked

@lostik will do a factory reset (wipe) of the computer
to see if it works

@Juicy will check BIOS before the above ^^

@Hosterss yeah it is

WolfSyndrome

Proton
Nebulae
Pre-built, and i didnt do it this weekend
forgot to :/
Right, if it is pre-build then my idea will probably be wrong (Perhaps you installed the fans backwards, meaning they'd keep blowing the hot air around in your system without venting it out and bringing in new, fresh air.)

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
right, so im not sure if i should factory reset the computer
because it might be a hardware issue
so it might not help
should i factory reset the computer?

nash

slimaaconroy-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Hello, technician here to help.

Factory resetting your computer will only reset the Software to the state when bought, that means that any applications and shit like that will just vanish unless they are part of the computer when it comes to your door. The most probable reason for your CPU overloading and heating up is either one of these three:

1) Too many applications on your computer are CPU dependant and are giving the CPU a hard time, causing it to shut down as there are not enough threads and cores to deal with all the processes at once.

2) Your thermal paste wasn't installed correctly, or in some instances one of your CPU pins are not connecting into the socket which can be a problem if you have a ZIF or sorts.

3) Your CPU is fucked.

Anyway, i'm here to help so come find me bby.

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
Hello, technician here to help.

Factory resetting your computer will only reset the Software to the state when bought, that means that any applications and shit like that will just vanish unless they are part of the computer when it comes to your door. The most probable reason for your CPU overloading and heating up is either one of these three:

1) Too many applications on your computer are CPU dependant and are giving the CPU a hard time, causing it to shut down as there are not enough threads and cores to deal with all the processes at once.

2) Your thermal paste wasn't installed correctly, or in some instances one of your CPU pins are not connecting into the socket which can be a problem if you have a ZIF or sorts.

3) Your CPU is fucked.

Anyway, i'm here to help so come find me bby.
Ay, sounds good. Aight. Lemme break it down.

I can play gmod and such games for hours upon hours, no heating issues
However, when it comes to games such as Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, Rust, Grand Theft Auto V, etc, that I was able to play for hours, flawlessly just a few months ago, my computer fails. After 20 minutes of Rust, on lowest quality with lowest processing settings etc, my computer starts smelling... "burnt" and shut down due to heat issues in the CPU

Is the CPU fucked? Cuz, I just raised about 700-800 euros that I can buy a new CPU with, but if its NOT the CPU, and its motherboard/ apps then i'd like to know so i dont get fucked over by buying a new CPU

My cpu is, according to my computer an AMD FX 6300 Six-Core processor?? so ye, MSI motherboard and shit, didnt get the specific model, could try to open up computer and get all models straight off their labels inside of the computer

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
thats the thing
dxdiag tells me its "AMD Radeon R9 200 Series" 2GB of video memory or whatever so im guessing its an R9 285?
I had a problem with extreme overheating and being able to play games I previously had no problem playing on max

The issue resolved itself when I upgraded my CPU more so my GPU

new specs
06411e1ab0.jpg

gpu is a msi 1070 with 8gb vram
old specs was an i3 with a 670

if you get an i7 you'll be good for the next couple of years so it is a worthy investment