this shit again

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
I had a problem with extreme overheating and being able to play games I previously had no problem playing on max

The issue resolved itself when I upgraded my CPU more so my GPU

new specs
06411e1ab0.jpg

gpu is a msi 1070 with 8gb vram
old specs was an i3 with a 670

if you get an i7 you'll be good for the next couple of years so it is a worthy investment
yes but if i want to get an i7 7700 then ill be fucked since i read on my current CPU that it is an AM3 socket, meaning my motherboard must have AM3 socket, and an i7 7700 uses an LGA1151 socket, so ill need a new motherboard which will need a new PSU which will need A NEW FUCKING EVERYTHING IM FUCKED I DONT HAVE THAT KINDA MONEY HELP

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
yes but if i want to get an i7 7700 then ill be fucked since i read on my current CPU that it is an AM3 socket, meaning my motherboard must have AM3 socket, and an i7 7700 uses an LGA1151 socket, so ill need a new motherboard which will need a new PSU which will need A NEW FUCKING EVERYTHING IM FUCKED I DONT HAVE THAT KINDA MONEY HELP
start saving up man

that's the only way I can see you fix this issue

if you can get a can of compressed air use it to clean out your pc if it has been ages since you last did that too

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
start saving up man

that's the only way I can see you fix this issue

if you can get a can of compressed air use it to clean out your pc if it has been ages since you last did that too
cleaned it out 3 weeks ago when we replaced thermal paste
i have 800 euros already but that isnt even gonna be enough

Nicrobe

Lord of Ineptitude
Nebulae
Are you Still keeping your computer next to the wall where it blocks air passage from one side?

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
Are you Still keeping your computer next to the wall where it blocks air passage from one side?
there's nowhere else to put it
also its not exactly next to a wall, here's some photos i had on my phone
wIZ8BIK.jpg

hHXQeKz.jpg
sKUxNTy.jpg

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
mmmmmmmmmmmmm organized wires

and bruh you need to upgrade your motherboard ASAP

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
because ASUS is way better, ROG series can be highly recommended unless you bought that very recently and is adamant on not spending money yet
right, i've decided
im either buying an ASUS all in one, gathering some money before doing so
or im buying following parts and installing them myself at home with the risk of breaking / it not working:
Intel i7 7700K - Processor
ROG STRIX Z270H - Motherboard
Asus GeForce GTX 1070 - Graphics card
????? - New power supply (will probs be needed cuz of new better parts up above?? ^) @Evil

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
a 450w psu should do you fine, just make sure not to try to be a cheapskate when it comes to a good PSU seeing as if it melts down/breaks it can take your entire rig with you

if you are getting GPU can you specify what card it is specifically as there are different varients of the 1070 from ASUS' side and from many other companies

personally I bought this card when i was hunting for a GPU
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_1070_Gaming_X/

and i forgot to ask, what is your current gpu? (if you already answered this just quote the post)

Reactions: List

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
a 450w psu should do you fine, just make sure not to try to be a cheapskate when it comes to a good PSU seeing as if it melts down/breaks it can take your entire rig with you

if you are getting GPU can you specify what card it is specifically as there are different varients of the 1070 from ASUS' side and from many other companies

personally I bought this card when i was hunting for a GPU
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_1070_Gaming_X/

and i forgot to ask, what is your current gpu? (if you already answered this just quote the post)
thats the thing
dxdiag tells me its "AMD Radeon R9 200 Series" 2GB of video memory or whatever so im guessing its an R9 285?