this summer sale sucks tbh

Jojo Manning

Proton
Nebulae
does anybody else find this steam summer sale stale? like idk, it might just be me, but i can't find a single game that really appeals to me. i was so hyped because i wanted to buy more games, but i guess i should of done some planning out before i was hyped, because i literally have no interest in any games. anybody else feel this way? btw i could use some good recommendations. the only game i've been considering is company of heroes 2

Reactions: List

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
personally
i own most of the games that are on sale, that i want, and steam usually shows the newest games on sale; there are a ton more.
https://steamdb.info/sales/
Use this for easy browsing of games on sale.
but yeah, hasn't been much for me to get this year.
And what type of games are you looking for? RTS? FPS?

Jojo Manning

Proton
Nebulae
personally
i own most of the games that are on sale, that i want, and steam usually shows the newest games on sale; there are a ton more.
https://steamdb.info/sales/
Use this for easy browsing of games on sale.
but yeah, hasn't been much for me to get this year.
And what type of games are you looking for? RTS? FPS?
i fuck with RTS and FPS, very fun. but i also like creative games like prison architect or gmod, and RPG's as well. no triple a rpg games btw. also i dont know what genre papers please would be but god damn i loved that game

Mendel

Aboriginal Indigenous American
Nebulae
idk ive spent $60 and might spend some more

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
I bought Pillars of Eternity, Rainbow Six Siege, MGS5, highly considering Stardew Valley and XCOM 2, but then it's like, when the fuck am I going to have all the time to play those games, and I might as well get some of them next summer sale.

Pillars of Eternity is like Baldur's Gate and DND made by the people who made Fallout 1 and 2. Great start so far. It's kind of like Divinity Original Sin, but unique in it's own way.

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Woah woah.

Pac Man is better than The Last Of Us.
You compare video games from a completely different era of gaming to a modern cinematic experience of a video game. Whilst The Last of Us is an incredible cinematic and story driven game with some interesting gameplay aspects it is sadly mostly bland and repetitive. You chose a bad example my friend.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You compare video games from a completely different era of gaming to a modern cinematic experience of a video game. Whilst The Last of Us is an incredible cinematic and story driven game with some interesting gameplay aspects it is sadly mostly bland and repetitive. You chose a bad example my friend.

I chose the same example Game Theory chose, and they ended up with the same argument.

Gameplay

Story

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I chose the same example Game Theory chose, and they ended up with the same argument.

Gameplay

Story
Same argument can be had with movies, personal preference is what you enjoy most at the end of the day. Personally I enjoy a good story driven movie or video game; I would consider Reservoir Dogs a great mix but at it's best for it's great storytelling in a 1st person narrative. But you can enjoy gameplay over story if you wish good sir, as I said, personal preference.