Accepted Trump Ahead By 1% In Latest Poll

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
He has always been leading in the polls for the last month.
Trump2k16
It's happening.
From personal experience, the only signs I see are Trump signs and I live in a democratic state.
bill-clinton.jpg

Reactions: List
Nebulae
FROM your own article: "ABC noted that Mitt Romney was one point ahead of Barack Obama in a comparable tracking poll in 2012, while John Kerry held an identical advantage over George Bush a week out in 2004."

Basically this shit is often pointless, and it triggers me when people use it as a flag to wave, especially since Trump has been trailing Hillary constantly

Reactions: List

utobithe

Neutrino
Nebulae
majority vote is pointless

it all boils down to the electoral vote

Some states have a law where all the electorals have to vote for what the majority voted for so majority is p important

( I think this is a law )

Carrion

Proton
Nebulae
Polls are pretty much worthless when it comes to predicting outcomes this close, and the amount of polls which are done and have wildly different results just proves that there's basically no point in relying on/panicking about the outcome based on them unless it's like a 70/30 split on every single one.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Polls are pretty much worthless when it comes to predicting outcomes this close, and the amount of polls which are done and have wildly different results just proves that there's basically no point in relying on/panicking about the outcome based on them unless it's like a 70/30 split on every single one.
Supposedly polls are used to try and influence the result rather than predict it.

I mean if the polls told the entire truth there'd be no point in an election in the first place I guess.

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
Supposedly polls are used to try and influence the result rather than predict it.

I mean if the polls told the entire truth there'd be no point in an election in the first place I guess.
Maybe polls in your country and the US.

I don't remember the last poll which predicted wrong.

Carrion

Proton
Nebulae

Because of the nature of polls, it's nigh impossible for it to come out as accurate, particularly in countries with high populations or population density. Besides 'official' polls, a lot of them are highly ideologically driven. Pretty obvious, hence why Fox News polls comes out sharply on the side of far-right Republicans every time, whereas left-wing news outlets come out as the opposite.

I don't doubt some people are influenced by polls as well.

Kirshbia

Music Junkie
Nebulae
Can we have 2020 already. I'm done with this election cycle.

Edit: @Toasty is actually correct. But the electoral vote USUALLY followed majority vote. As for @otobithe. There isn't any law that binds them to popular vote it just looks shitty if they don't follow suit.

Last edited:

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
TBH I think trump might win, he's been getting a lot of support lately and it's entirely possible people who votes Hillary in the polls could well change their minds when it comes to it