Tunnel Vision | Feedback

NaeNaeFish

String
Nebulae
Was neat, till I dead. I didn't experience much as I joined near the end, I was just a refugee who got dragged into a cave and then got free guns.

Reactions: List

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
I found it enjoyable, but long

Downtime could've been simplified a bit, loot variety was good but I would've expected some random ass living quarters items and a few more storage items given the amount of loot provided, but I cannot truly complain considering I came out with a lot more gear than I came in

It was super cool to use S2K with downtime, but here's my issues

The big one, we need a exception in the rules for medical and armor plates or a void of the rule when it comes to these s2k combat scenarios that are expedition type events, as we are fighting respawned enemies with new gear and 100/100, while we cannot really replace our armor and medical, but the strategic placement of the vests was good to get our armor back up good. I also didn't like some engagements considering it was very tight and it was extremely weird to push, but that's source + chaos and s2k shenanigans combined so it's not really much that could be done.

The end engagement I geniuenly disliked, because we get lit up by an emplacement and if we have any sort of guns and shit and we move behind cover, we get shot very very quickly. The flanking manouver, while cool, should have been announced to the guy holding the flank with an itc or something, as he was paying attention the whole event, and he got blasted in the face if i recall properly, or atleast knocked out the fight, and no one figured it out because we had the combine emplacement firing on us. And also people were rotating in and out I believe, and spread around, so it was a bit of an issue

The monster thing, it should've been ended way quicker imo because it was just a few people smacking it and shooting it and it tanking it

tl;dr, issues with s2k script usage because it was somewhat unfair to us, and event chars going a bit wildy with the respawn waves and whatnot. Tedious engagements, etc.

This was, however, a very good experience all things considered. I enjoyed the experience and as a bonus we had a bunch of ruskies yelling down tunnels which was cool!

3/4 of a large soda, would play again

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
started off rly good with the back and forth fights at the beginning but got messy towards the end, i think thats because random ppl came in and the tunnels were not at all big enough, probably should of blocked off the tp door. i barely realised the flank was happening because i thought it was more rebels coming in - im assuming thats why all the supplies that were left there specifically for after had been cleared out with no warning as well :(

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
we are fighting respawned enemies with new gear and 100/100
came back twice and only in one situation was my armor refreshed

whoever died in the second hallway had their ak103 taken and used until two people rushed me, from then I stuck to a skorpion in semi-auto

A. Vaher

I make events of varying quality
HL2 RP Administrator
Premium Member
Nebulae
started off rly good with the back and forth fights at the beginning but got messy towards the end, i think thats because random ppl came in and the tunnels were not at all big enough, probably should of blocked off the tp door - i barely realised the flank was happening because i thought it was more rebels coming in - im assuming thats why all the supplies that were left there specifically for after had been cleared out with no warning as well :(
Apologies for towards the end, I thought about the door only AFTER I saw people come in, but I should have blocked it, yeah...
I found it enjoyable, but long

Downtime could've been simplified a bit, loot variety was good but I would've expected some random ass living quarters items and a few more storage items given the amount of loot provided, but I cannot truly complain considering I came out with a lot more gear than I came in

It was super cool to use S2K with downtime, but here's my issues

The big one, we need a exception in the rules for medical and armor plates or a void of the rule when it comes to these s2k combat scenarios that are expedition type events, as we are fighting respawned enemies with new gear and 100/100, while we cannot really replace our armor and medical, but the strategic placement of the vests was good to get our armor back up good. I also didn't like some engagements considering it was very tight and it was extremely weird to push, but that's source + chaos and s2k shenanigans combined so it's not really much that could be done.

The end engagement I geniuenly disliked, because we get lit up by an emplacement and if we have any sort of guns and shit and we move behind cover, we get shot very very quickly. The flanking manouver, while cool, should have been announced to the guy holding the flank with an itc or something, as he was paying attention the whole event, and he got blasted in the face if i recall properly, or atleast knocked out the fight, and no one figured it out because we had the combine emplacement firing on us. And also people were rotating in and out I believe, and spread around, so it was a bit of an issue

The monster thing, it should've been ended way quicker imo because it was just a few people smacking it and shooting it and it tanking it

tl;dr, issues with s2k script usage because it was somewhat unfair to us, and event chars going a bit wildy with the respawn waves and whatnot. Tedious engagements, etc.

This was, however, a very good experience all things considered. I enjoyed the experience and as a bonus we had a bunch of ruskies yelling down tunnels which was cool!

3/4 of a large soda, would play again
I forgot to specify one per engagement
also for da monetser i couldnt find a good modle...............

I will keep this in mind for when I make another Metro/STALKER themed engagement!

dorph

Neutrino
Nebulae
I was one of the SPIRE guys, so my experience is all from that side of things.

The tight hallways as we got deeper into the tunnel made the S2K pretty rough. At one point we had to retreat so that Lambda could make some headway, since we were just holding down a chokepoint hell that they couldn't really push through. Aside from that, though, it was nice. I also liked how you gave us shittier guns and less armor as we were pushed further back, it made things a bit more fair. I think.

also guys please don't just shoot the wounded event characters on the ground after s2k is over, they're trying to roleplay with you

Fyrdraca

Neutrino
Nebulae
I was the 'Man at the Door' , the random man who was found attempting to enter the location just before the resistance lot pulled up. My character was not 'with' the others in the group , and as such was intentionally 'keeping back' alot of the engagement simply to reap the reward of strangers killing each other , and considered getting the fuck out , especially after he was injured (yet fear also drove him onwards that far in) and generally had no incentive in being there in the first place other than acquiring supplies/loot for the sake of surviving and thriving. Which he definitely managed in volume, even whilst being 'last to loot' on most occasions. Understandable giving the expenditure, I suppose.

I think the engagements were fairly balanced, challenging; difficult CQC. Made people work for the abundance of gear given in form of crates and dropped guns. Would of liked to of seen an IC question by participants of 'Is this really worth it?' particularly as wounds stacked up and friendlies died, but I guess I understand that people were eager to just see the prepared event through, rather than delve into FearRP proper. I also don't even know the IC reason for being there and eradicating all the enemies that were - so there's that.

I liked the introduction of S2RP in the form of the monster attack, but yeah likely should of ended much swifter. Saw someone try RP grabbing its opening swipe as if they'd be that attentive and quick which made me lol a little. Would of been interesting to see other creatures attack from the flank simultaneously or a second encounter similar to reflect how quickly they might of been dispatched.

Agree there was some scuff at the emplacement engagement simply to due to our hitboxes whilst crouching being larger than the cover given. In particular I RPed laying down however was unable to reflect this OOCly and got somewhat rinsed. But shit happens.

All in all it was a good S2K event. Would love to see some more roleplay orientated/focused events in future, personally.

A. Vaher

HL2 RP Administrator
Premium Member
Nebulae
I was the 'Man at the Door' , the random man who was found attempting to enter the location just before the resistance lot pulled up. My character was not 'with' the others in the group , and as such was intentionally 'keeping back' alot of the engagement simply to reap the reward of strangers killing each other , and considered getting the fuck out , especially after he was injured (yet fear also drove him onwards that far in) and generally had no incentive in being there in the first place other than acquiring supplies/loot for the sake of surviving and thriving. Which he definitely managed in volume, even whilst being 'last to loot' on most occasions. Understandable giving the expenditure, I suppose.

I think the engagements were fairly balanced, challenging; difficult CQC. Made people work for the abundance of gear given in form of crates and dropped guns. Would of liked to of seen an IC question by participants of 'Is this really worth it?' particularly as wounds stacked up and friendlies died, but I guess I understand that people were eager to just see the prepared event through, rather than delve into FearRP proper. I also don't even know the IC reason for being there and eradicating all the enemies that were - so there's that.

I liked the introduction of S2RP in the form of the monster attack, but yeah likely should of ended much swifter. Saw someone try RP grabbing its opening swipe as if they'd be that attentive and quick which made me lol a little. Would of been interesting to see other creatures attack from the flank simultaneously or a second encounter similar to reflect how quickly they might of been dispatched.

Agree there was some scuff at the emplacement engagement simply to due to our hitboxes whilst crouching being larger than the cover given. In particular I RPed laying down however was unable to reflect this OOCly and got somewhat rinsed. But shit happens.

All in all it was a good S2K event. Would love to see some more roleplay orientated/focused events in future, personally.
I wanted to do a swarm of little guys but I didn't have the resources for it
For the S2K to go as good as it did was a miracle
As for more RP oriented stuff
I have some things in mind...

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
I think the set pace was actually both a curse and a blessing, because it allowed for us to roleplay in cover with eachother and yell, and when we got in the fight it was an actual fight.

The curse part is when we got stuck in hallways, and under suppressive from emplacement, but the fire barrels were a cool thing, and could've been used to issue the players a cue of hey we're wounded, healing, etc and shit, so that we could break the stalemate, but it was moving fast so I understand it.

A. Vaher

HL2 RP Administrator
Premium Member
Nebulae
I think the set pace was actually both a curse and a blessing, because it allowed for us to roleplay in cover with eachother and yell, and when we got in the fight it was an actual fight.

The curse part is when we got stuck in hallways, and under suppressive from emplacement, but the fire barrels were a cool thing, and could've been used to issue the players a cue of hey we're wounded, healing, etc and shit, so that we could break the stalemate, but it was moving fast so I understand it.
To be honest the emplacement was supposed to have lasted a lot longer than it did but you lads were rather clever and tossed a grenade instantly.

HOWEVER I will say that I very much, even though I was the event host, loved the CQB elements and the tight suppressed environments as well as the prolonged firefight, it was truly fun. I liked just doing suppressive fire on positions(yes I know I'm the person who made the event but I can say what I liked too!!!!)and peppering shots to prevent movement, so I think I'll explore more of the CQB element from this as well as another idea I had that(if I do it in a fun way) I think you lads will really enjoy.

Whatever the case, I hoped you all had fun, and prepare for more close quarters combat.

Also - For future reference, would you prefer Urban Combat or more forested and open area combat, IE in like a mountain range or so?
I have plans I cannot share for both situations.