Typing Discussion Thread

Flanders

Atom
Nebulae
Hello nebulous gamers.

Because this is a text roleplay community, I imagine the majority of players have pretty high WPM. There are some people who might do typing as their profession, or have just been doing it long enough to get -really- fucking high scores around here.

I figure it might be a good idea to make a thread for discussion surrounding Typing. Here you can:
  • Share your best/average WPM.
  • Challenge others to type races (typeracer.com)
  • Discuss typing strategy, keyboard layouts, stenography if you're into that, etc.
  • Discuss anything related to typing, transcribing, or pressing keys really fast.
I'll start by sharing my score:
917e908b3b1b348c13d776096da17055.png
I like to use www.keyhero.com for typing practice, as each round has really in-depth statistics for how you did, and everything is tracked on your profile. Eg.
faf63279d2fa07a7bc3219ca03ab6793.png
but for actually competitively typing, I like to use typeracer, since that's what it's designed for.

I consider myself pretty okay. I'd like to get up to 110 WPM average.

Interested to see if anything comes out of this thread.

(also stenographers are fucking crazy and I really want to learn how. professionals can type up to 350 WPM with their crazy ass alien language and it makes me jealous)

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Alabaster

Neutrino
Nebulae
And there's me with WPN 0000000.1 because of constantly choking on the words that i type! (-_-)

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm right around 80WPM on average, maybe a bit less if the prompt is particularly verbose or confusing.

One weird thing is I type with my full left hand, but only the index finger and maybe the middle on my right hand. Is that a normal thing or am I just weird?

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
i type really quickly it just doesn’t make any sense