Serious /uk/ Bri'ish Containment Thread

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
1cc.png

'Ate US politics
'Ate global news
'Ate Scandis (not bad just don' like 'em)

'Ove me Bojo news
'Ove me Council Disputes
'Ove me dole

Only british things allowed
Doesn't have to be politics, just British.

No non-euros.
You haven't got a loicense to post here.

god save the queen

what @Mute looks/ repeats to himself everyday in the mirror to con himself thinking that he is british

Reactions: List

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I have a question for the Brits, is the royal family just a tourist attraction now, or do they still hold any slight political power?

Mogelix

Electron
Nebulae
Commonwealth gang
I have a question for the Brits, is the royal family just a tourist attraction now, or do they still hold any slight political power?
Dejure yes, Defacto not really.

"Though the ultimate executive authority over the government is still formally by and through the monarch's royal prerogative, these powers may only be used according to laws enacted in Parliament and, in practice, within the constraints of convention and precedent." WIKIPEDIA

Royal and colonial institutions do still act as soft power in Commonwealth countries, such as in Australia 1975, when Governor-General Sir John Kerr dismissed the democratically elected Labour Party Gough Whitlam in co-ordination with the Queen and the opposition Liberal party.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Royal and colonial institutions do still act as soft power in Commonwealth countries, such as in Australia 1975, when Governor-General Sir John Kerr dismissed the democratically elected Labour Party Gough Whitlam in co-ordination with the Queen and the opposition Liberal party.
CIA fucked us so the mining companies could continue to go untaxed.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
what @Mogelix said

also, the monarch gives royal assent to any laws passed by the house of parliament and lords
which essentially means she just says yes or no to the bill

but she's never said no and probably never will

D

Deleted member 3818

first time i've felt the sun beat down on me in a good while, summer is near