Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
Not to mention the fact when we had a small engagement with cops and Xen creature showed up we left and did not engage it, and we get attacked. Despite not "provoking" it.

However when OTA, OTA sniper, CPs, and a hunter like it rip like bayblade (Not even mentioning the combine wall expanding) it doesnt give a damn?

Reactions: List

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
you wouldn't be complaining if you adapted to fighting the union with things other than bullets and shooting everything that exists

stop drinking the script koolaid and grow some brains, the way to destroy the union exists and it's with technology.

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
you wouldn't be complaining if you adapted to fighting the union with things other than bullets and shooting everything that exists

stop drinking the script koolaid and grow some brains, the way to destroy the union exists and it's with technology.
sorry denied char auths (anti-personnel mortar for example too op, big nerf, under 50 roll breaks immediately, only 3 shells)

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

my friend

we have been trying to do this for a number of days but everything we try to make its locked behind a char auth and unfair roll requirements which further restricts us to do anything

im really sick of people saying that rebels are "just being stupid" when they are literally trying everything they can but it's still not coming off because of, simply, the unfair balance of the server as it stands

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
sorry denied char auths (anti-personnel mortar for example too op, big nerf, under 50 roll breaks immediately, only 3 shells)
we have been trying to do this for a number of days but everything we try to make its locked behind a char auth and unfair roll requirements which further restricts us to do anything
the 5th and others have already come up with a plan

we're just missing equipment because the bunker raid meant out computers got destroyed; that's why we've spent the last few days trying to scrape together what we need.

if you guys want to run around playing the 'shoot everything' game, you do you, but it's not a straight up path to success unless you have heavy hitters like 2stronk.

im really sick of people saying that rebels are "just being stupid" when they are literally trying everything they can but it's still not coming off because of, simply, the unfair balance of the server as it stands
you aren't trying everything, that's my point.

balance is a bit of a problem yeah but there's a lot of complaining happening over nothingburgers.

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
the 'organise the entire rebellion' thing isn't really a good suggestion.

It renders rebel roleplay a lot more bland and unenjoyable, as well as heavily-event based/dead longer term.

Both union/rebels are supposed to have flaws and pros, it's just atm while union has their usual, rebels aren't able to access their pros as much as they should.

Eg, rebel flaws being disorganised, infighting, etc.

Union flaws being bureaucratic, 'slow to wake'/regimented etc

heaveN

bomber rat
Nebulae
I guess we didnt see ppl complaining about factions being asymmetrical and imbalanced coming huh?

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
First, we have a strider going into rebel base, going ham on everyone because there might have been a bullet that hit his bulletproof body. Then alot of people die, nice.
I can only answer for this part.

A Strider were patrolling both the Spire and the general no-mans land when no players were anywhere near the area, with the idea of S2Ming and doing a little hide-and-seek with those who wanted to approach + to give atmosphere to this growing combine-controlled zone.

A good few rebels showed up to quite purposefully toy and play with it, playing chicken, firing whole mags into it to get its attention and slowly but surely time after time after time across the course of maybe half hour pulled it into their base with no regard for the safety of those inside.

I tried letting it lose interest and avoid any big scene where it had a firefight in an OOC safezone, did /events of it pathing away until it was met with even more shots and yells to grab its attention once again. Eventually I was tired of no fear RP being adhered to, despite my repeated attempts at leniency and patience towards the situation, and did a /event that advised people to get inside and hide and try to avoid giving it anything to focus on as it started to walk over the roofs and buildings.

Those that didn't get inside, and kept on shooting at it with nine-mil whilst being out in the open with no cover unlike everyone else, were shot at.

One person died, two people were injured. A lot of people did not die. No PKs were handed out.
IC consequences for IC action, the blame is solely in the hands of those that continued to antagonize it, watching them draw it towards the base and doing nothing but feeding their own hubris.

OOC safezones exist until they are abused and treated as zones where fear RP and common sense do not apply.

As for the rest of what happened in your post, I cannot comment on nor do I wish to since I was uninvolved, but I will say the rebels did 100% outperform the combine today in terms of tactics, organization and awareness and I'm disappointed to see that not be rewarded because of things like a hunter and a Gonarch.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
alright im just gonna set the record straight here because this is a bit batshit and im not happy with it

the wall moving was already a set in stone plan. it has been for almost a week. ive had it planned out WHERE the wall would move, on what day and what it would block off. today was no different.

i had planned to have the wall move the moment i got onto the server, but i saw that the 1st platoon guys wanted to have a shot at taking the engine out so i delayed it; and thats the only reason i delayed it. i made sure you were accommodated with your /mes, even going as far as to have the guy disassembling the engine send me his /mes in pms so i could instantaneously do event emotes to match it

then the cops showed up, which foiled your plans. if the cops didnt show up (they were going to do something ENTIRELY unrelated and had no idea you were there), you would've gotten ahold of the majority of the engine. something organic happened.

and then, despite /events of the wall moving, you decided to go and have another shot; even after having just wiped pretty much every online cop. as a result, you ran into a force that (i assume) was out because of the fact cops just got utterly annihilated. again; something organic. bad fucking luck.

i couldve just totally kyboshed any chance you guys had of getting to the apc in the first place by ignoring you and having the walls move, but i didnt. i wanted to give you a shot even though i wasnt sure if you'd been authorised to do it or not, but i didnt really give a fuck about that i just wanted to let you guys do something cool

i already delayed the walls once and it'd have been awfully fucking convenient if the wall just so happened to stay still until you'd gotten what you wanted, considering its moved every single day since it sprouted up and at a relatively consistent time as well

no offense guys but if you fly off the handle like this when shit doesnt go ur way then staff are very quickly going to not want to do shit for you

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

A Strider were patrolling both the Spire and the general no-mans land when no players were anywhere near the area, with the idea of S2Ming and doing a little hide-and-seek with those who wanted to approach + to give atmosphere to this growing combine-controlled zone.

A good few rebels showed up to quite purposefully toy and play with it, playing chicken, firing whole mags into it to get its attention and slowly but surely time after time after time across the course of maybe half hour pulled it into their base with no regard for the safety of those inside.

I tried letting it lose interest and avoid any big scene where it had a firefight in an OOC safezone, did /events of it pathing away until it was met with even more shots and yells to grab its attention once again. Eventually I was tired of no fear RP being adhered to, despite my repeated attempts at leniency and patience towards the situation, and did a /event that advised people to get inside and hide and try to avoid giving it anything to focus on as it started to walk over the roofs and buildings.

Those that didn't get inside, and kept on shooting at it with nine-mil whilst being out in the open with no cover unlike everyone else, were shot at.

One person died, two people were injured. A lot of people did not die. No PKs were handed out.
IC consequences for IC action, the blame is solely in the hands of those that continued to antagonize it, watching them draw it towards the base and doing nothing but feeding their own hubris.

OOC safezones exist until they are abused and treated as zones where fear RP and common sense do not apply.

As for the rest of what happened in your post, I cannot comment on nor do I wish to since I was uninvolved, but I will say the rebels did 100% outperform the combine today in terms of tactics, organization and awareness and I'm disappointed to see that not be rewarded because of things like a hunter and a Gonarch.
IMO, this all could have been avoided by warning/kicking those not adhering to fearRP.

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
IMO, this all could have been avoided by warning/kicking those not adhering to fearRP.
I am always a advocate for IC responses to IC actions over anything OOC that breaks the moment, setting, tension and common sense.

Staff duties are hard to perform when I'm piloting an entity and have no access to my basic toolset. Those that did not roleplay properly were met with the consequence of their actions.

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I am always a advocate for IC responses to IC actions over anything OOC that breaks the moment, setting, tension and common sense.

Staff duties are hard to perform when I'm piloting an entity and have no access to my basic toolset. Those that did not roleplay properly were met with the consequence of their actions.
But those players breaking the rules suffered IC consequences for something that shouldn't really be allowed - I respect the fact that you aren't able to enforce that rule whilst playing a Strider, however I do think that it is unfair for those uninvolved and actually playing by the rules to suffer

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
alright im just gonna set the record straight here because this is a bit batshit and im not happy with it

the wall moving was already a set in stone plan. it has been for almost a week. ive had it planned out WHERE the wall would move, on what day and what it would block off. today was no different.

i had planned to have the wall move the moment i got onto the server, but i saw that the 1st platoon guys wanted to have a shot at taking the engine out so i delayed it; and thats the only reason i delayed it. i made sure you were accommodated with your /mes, even going as far as to have the guy disassembling the engine send me his /mes in pms so i could instantaneously do event emotes to match it

then the cops showed up, which foiled your plans. if the cops didnt show up (they were going to do something ENTIRELY unrelated and had no idea you were there), you would've gotten ahold of the majority of the engine. something organic happened.

and then, despite /events of the wall moving, you decided to go and have another shot; even after having just wiped pretty much every online cop. as a result, you ran into a force that (i assume) was out because of the fact cops just got utterly annihilated. again; something organic. bad fucking luck.

i couldve just totally kyboshed any chance you guys had of getting to the apc in the first place by ignoring you and having the walls move, but i didnt. i wanted to give you a shot even though i wasnt sure if you'd been authorised to do it or not, but i didnt really give a fuck about that i just wanted to let you guys do something cool

i already delayed the walls once and it'd have been awfully fucking convenient if the wall just so happened to stay still until you'd gotten what you wanted, considering its moved every single day since it sprouted up and at a relatively consistent time as well

no offense guys but if you fly off the handle like this when shit doesnt go ur way then staff are very quickly going to not want to do shit for you
Well, sorry about the rage on that rp front, I hadn't considered it was that organised really/the other stuff was organic

shouldn't have let my annoyance about the mortar / char auths situation get in the way, apologies

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
Well, sorry about the rage on that rp front, I hadn't considered it was that organised really/the other stuff was organic

shouldn't have let my annoyance about the mortar / char auths situation get in the way, apologies
its aight man u guys just rlly need to remember that none of us are out to try and fuck u over or anything like that, i can comfortably say that theres been very very very many instances of the staff team delaying/catering things outside of planning purely because of player action

we only want to provide enjoyment but at the same time we arent going to make everything happen ultra conveniently for you

Verräterpackaging

Happy dude from around the clinic! :D
Nebulae

ty!

Well, that happens. Now, we try to do that, CPs show up, we wipe 3 of them - and the walls moves. Our shit is done for. We did win nothing. You pin it on bad fuckin' luck, but it seems we got alot of bad fuckin' luck all days now.

And your solution to this seems... being pissed at us that we complain and not wanting to do anything for us? Good, then do Combine only events, work with them. And we just... Subeh, what do you want us to do, for real? I ain't having fun because I am being fucked all day. And you may explain it with this and with that, but the same thing comes out, we are being fucked.

I am not a happy player anymore. And I don't know what to do anymore. If you all have a perfect preperation for our losses ready any time we complain - and you cut support for us because we complain - where does that lead? I dunno.

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
idk man 4 years ago people would get pked for doing even a slight thing

nowadays you die, you drop your gun, and you probably regain an equivalent the next day

the proportion of rage to loss is really overblown, this is half life 2 rp, not ww3rp, it's not supposed to be a 50/50 win/lose on every engagement. this is not a symmetrical server

some things about rebel rp are gonna change in the future (announcement will be made later) but there seriously is no explanation for getting this mad over losing an engagement but still being able to portray your character

i have never seen anybody else get this mad this consistently outside of the 1st platoon

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
ty!

Well, that happens. Now, we try to do that, CPs show up, we wipe 3 of them - and the walls moves. Our shit is done for. We did win nothing. You pin it on bad fuckin' luck, but it seems we got alot of bad fuckin' luck all days now.

And your solution to this seems... being pissed at us that we complain and not wanting to do anything for us? Good, then do Combine only events, work with them. And we just... Subeh, what do you want us to do, for real? I ain't having fun because I am being fucked all day. And you may explain it with this and with that, but the same thing comes out, we are being fucked.

I am not a happy player anymore. And I don't know what to do anymore. If you all have a perfect preperation for our losses ready any time we complain - and you cut support for us because we complain - where does that lead? I dunno.

are u whining that you got delivered an L

quit it.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
ty!

i dont know what the hell to tell you

its not like the team is sitting here thinking about how we can screw over the resistance as much as possible

and the thing is, dude, the majority of the resistance doesnt share your sentiment. ive been keeping a personal track of how rebels have been feeling and aside from what im seeing of the 1st platoon guys, everybody is loving it. everybody has been enjoying the losses, theyve been enjoying feeling as though they dont have much control over the situation and how theyve been feeling like theyre being squashed by an ultra-more-powerful opponent

what exactly did you expect me to do there, go on the combine radio and say "hey fuck off rebels wanna do something!" in rooc?

you still got car parts. you still got 30% of the shit, which is a good fucking haul in my books; you could take that and do something with it. you might not get what you wanted, but you could still get something.

you are a resistance trying to fight against a clearly overwhelming enemy. enjoy it. take these losses and turn it into chardev, dont turn to the forums or discords or wherever the hell and start flying off ur beanpole

and i never said support was going to be cut for you, im trying to say that - from the eyes of a staff member - its hard to feel enthusiastic to do things for a certain group if that certain group is privy to doing what you guys are doing right now. if i knew this would be the outcome of what i did, i probably wouldve just moved the wall and not bothered with anything else.

u guys are finding annoyances in the things that the majority of rebelrp is finding enjoyment out of and theres only so much we can do about that

i mean for christ sake 10 minutes earlier you legit wiped almost every cop online and got away with ZERO LOSSES; that couldnt have been a bigger W if you fucking tried

Status
Not open for further replies.